Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

Do I really have to tap the "the time between the LQA branch being updated vs reveal is entirely based on the amount of translation work that needs to be QA'd" sign again? 👀

The news will come when it comes, don't pin it on 4 to 5 weeks just because that was the case in the past, it can change at any given moment.

In all fairness, literally every zoo I've been to sells panda stuff and only one of those zoos actually had giant pandas 😂 Giant panda stuff just sells well either way.
Yeah, every gift shop ive seen also had dino figurines and stuff despite not havin dinosaurs, no avian ones anyways 😂

Yeah, every gift shop ive seen also had dino figurines and stuff despite not havin dinosaurs, no avian ones anyways 😂
Yeahh but I feel that’s a very different situation. I’m sure a lot of zoos that do that have a dinosaur trail or something of a similar nature.
Plus, I’m sure the panda wouldn’t feel as out of place if we just had a couple more plushie variations. Plus, the option to have all the other plushies and NOT the panda can’t be that hard - we already have the option to dedicate a shelf to one specific type of animal hat, so why not plushies too?

I'm really not expecting news until the week of the 6th May... maaaaybe the week before. Anything earlier would be a great surprise, but the lqa dates line up with a 14th May release.

I really don’t think they would release totally new dlc just two weeks before the next dlc bundle for console already planned for the end of May.
I think the new dlc will surface till the end of April.
Plus old rules and marketing schemes do not apply anymore since the whole team was replaced.
Also the JWE2 dlc was released just a couple days after steamDB was updated so this is another sign that the regular pattern do not apply anymore.

I really don’t think they would release totally new dlc just two weeks before the next dlc bundle for console already planned for the end of May.
I think the new dlc will surface till the end of April.
Plus old rules and marketing schemes do not apply anymore since the whole team was replaced.
Also the JWE2 dlc was released just a couple days after steamDB was updated so this is another sign that the regular pattern do not apply anymore.
I’d be super happy if it releases earlier than I’m expecting, so hopefully you’re right :)

Now that I think about it, how do we know the new DLC will be released on both platforms simultaneously? I mean, consoles do not even have update 1.16... they could in theory release it just for PC now, that way, it would not really interfere with the Twillight/Aquatic bundle releasing on consoles...

When it comes to the free update, I would be okay if they didn't give us totally new things but just things like:
-> Hotels (copy past from planet coaster)
-> New food & drink shops (copy paste from planet coaster)
-> Fix souvenir shop & add more souvenirs
-> Remaster the lion

Of course I would love to see new "groundbreaking" things, but this seems more realistic and do-able.

Now that I think about it, how do we know the new DLC will be released on both platforms simultaneously? I mean, consoles do not even have update 1.16... they could in theory release it just for PC now, that way, it would not really interfere with the Twillight/Aquatic bundle releasing on consoles...
From a sell stand out point it would have no sense to release it only on one platform.
The order of adding DLC’s to console is quite random so I don’t think that this determines anything.
But who knows. They don’t inform us at all so all we have are assumptions.

I really want a burrowing owl.
Outside of a duck it is easily one of my top birds.
Burrowing Owl Overview, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

I mean just check out that range! Besides being the best chance to get an owl into the game, these little guys represent the entire “New World”!

Also from a gameplay perspective:
  1. Of all the birds in the game, this one you can absolutely make an “aviary” for and it wouldn’t seem out of place.
  2. Interspecies bonuses, or at the very least keeping the burrowing owl around the bison, prairie dog, and pronghorn makes for a very realistic American prairie.
  3. Can use the burrowing feature, along with the kiwi and little blue penguin.
Also they are super cute:
1713351769184.jpeg

Outside of a duck it is easily one of my top birds.
Burrowing Owl Overview, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

I mean just check out that range! Besides being the best chance to get an owl into the game, these little guys represent the entire “New World”!

Also from a gameplay perspective:
  1. Of all the birds in the game, this one you can absolutely make an “aviary” for and it wouldn’t seem out of place.
  2. Interspecies bonuses, or at the very least keeping the burrowing owl around the bison, prairie dog, and pronghorn makes for a very realistic American prairie.
  3. Can use the burrowing feature, along with the kiwi and little blue penguin.
Also they are super cute:
View attachment 389685
Plus they are cute and goofy.
They are the meerkats of birds.

Sorry but if we get an Owl I would want one that actually flies like Snowy or Great Horned, otherwise I would prefer an entirely different bird that’s more useful.

It's a moot point, we're not going to get an owl.
Now that I think about it, how do we know the new DLC will be released on both platforms simultaneously?
Has this come up? I assumed it was a given that console players would be waiting a while longer. That's just the way of things; a new platform comes with new challenges for Frontier to work out. They'll release the update for PC first and then port it over and make necessary changes (the DLC itself is neither here nor there, I suppose, since the DLC's only contain content).

Nuh nuh. It was updated 6th February so a bit more than month before Secret Species Pack release. You must be patient.
Then I must remembered that wrong. Thanks for correcting that.
I was patient till the end of March. April without news is kind of hard to handle.

We also never thought we would get waterfowl and then we did. Do I think it’s 100% gonna happen? No. It’s possible though, about as likely as any of the other birds that are slightly out of the Planet Zoo norm. So not very likely, but not impossible. Admittedly if they were gonna do a “unique” bird species it’s gonna be the secretary bird.

Sorry but if we get an Owl I would want one that actually flies like Snowy or Great Horned, otherwise I would prefer an entirely different bird that’s more useful.
I get that opinion, when it comes to doves/ pigeons I would rather have the Nicobar pigeon or bleeding heart dove. But the Victorian crowned pigeon is the best chance to get the group into the game. Which is how the burrowing owl is for me.

Now in the grand scheme of things, we most likely won’t get either. Chances are whatever birds we get will be the 4 or so on the meta wishlist right now. Still, Frontier has done more surprising things. In the end of the day it’s all just as much speculation as much as it is “wouldn’t this be cool”?

So what? I can't want it for the game because is not likely we will get it?

I admit it has like almost zero chance of making it ingame. That won't stop me from wanting the owl for the game. Is a wish, not a delusion that i think we'll get it. And i can wish for whatever i feel like it.

It also one of those animals that i don't think moders could do well because of all the specific animations it will need.

Top Bottom