Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
- Prevent docking after the police 'notice' that a player is wanted. This is the same reaction with committing a violent crime near the station.

Question: If a player scans the wanted person before they manage to land (outside or inside the station), will that count and the wanted player then be denied docking?

Further to that if the above is true, if a player has already gotten docking permission and THEN the player manages to scan them, will the docking permission be revoked?

---

This would really add fun to the bounty hunter roles, players would act as "citizen arrest/police" for local stations by scanning the Wanted player/ship before it "snuck in" at max boost etc.

Thanks
Tim

It has been established that what you have described is not what i am describing. Most likely a bug as there appears to be no threshold at times.

And i disagree that this is a great game.
The game atm, is rather shallow. The potential is there for a great game and if they manage to put half of what they promised into the game then it will be a great game

Remember there is no threshold if there is no shields or if you have targetted the ship. So given that roughly 25% of NPC's play as humans do and run unshielded there are times that there is no threshold and it is as meant

Question: If a player scans the wanted person before they manage to land (outside or inside the station), will that count and the wanted player then be denied docking?

Further to that if the above is true, if a player has already gotten docking permission and THEN the player manages to scan them, will the docking permission be revoked?

---

This would really add fun to the bounty hunter roles, players would act as "citizen arrest/police" for local stations by scanning the Wanted player/ship before it "snuck in" at max boost etc.

Thanks
Tim

Got nothing to do with player scanning, it's the security forces around stations.
If they manage to get a scan finished on you, they'll revoke your docking permission if you're wanted.

It has been established that what you have described is not what i am describing. Most likely a bug as there appears to be no threshold at times.

And i disagree that this is a great game.
The game atm, is rather shallow. The potential is there for a great game and if they manage to put half of what they promised into the game then it will be a great game

That's fair enough if there is a bug. I stand corrected!!

Brilliant, many thanks for replying directly. Looking forward to being "Elite".

Where are you heading for to cash in your data

(Err ummm errr not that I would shoot you up before you docked so you lost all the data and the elite status :D)

Adfjusted lol �� but thx for the improvements tho im gonna miss being able to look at cap Ships up close ��

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
I wonder as 1.3 is looking like such a big update they will go for a slightly longer (two weeks, 10 days?) beta this time - allows for 2 weeks crossplay testing also.

It's entirely possible that they could go for a longer beta testing period than the typical 1 week but I still stand by my predicted date of 12th May for the live launch. If anything they'd likely start the Crossplay/Powerplay Beta one week earlier (Tuesday 28th April) which would conveniently only be a few days behind Michael Brookes' big Powerplay announcement. ;)

The whole reason for this change with the docking is, I believe, due to the high number of players sitting at stations waiting to kill players. Once a player has opened up fire on another at a station, they were simply docking, and paying the fine. At least now, they'll be blocked when scanned, meaning they have to move somewhere else to pay. Yes they may come back, but it will take them a while to do that.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom