News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Michael, could You answer our question?

Will current standard beta owners have access to beta - horizons?
Nobody knows and there are missinformations in this and other threads. We need to have clarification from You.
Here's my answer for you, but I'm not Michael Brookes ...

Have you Beta Tested previous updates such as Powerplay or Wings? Or had access to test them, even if you didn't actually do it?
The answer to this is the answer to your question.

So... if I understand correctly, I can link my old ED savegame to Horizons. But are they going to be completely separated games? Or do they both uphold the same universe? So that only your gameplay possibilities differ depending on which version you play (regular ED or Horizons)?

Galaxy is same (game) .. 99.9999999% sure of it ..
xbox uses same background universe. So though players can't interact, universe does.

So... if I understand correctly, I can link my old ED savegame to Horizons. But are they going to be completely separated games? Or do they both uphold the same universe? So that only your gameplay possibilities differ depending on which version you play (regular ED or Horizons)?

It's an expansion, you'll log into the same game and use the same account as you are now.

Im gona hazard a guess that they simply need a bigger art pallet for creating ELW's. Probably figuring out how much damage/heat build up you get when entering an atmosphere too, and flight in gas giants is gona take all kinds of tweeks to get that realism/game play balance right.
Tis just the start sir, and its awesum news to me

how do you land on a planet.....

if the planet's rotation speed is greater than the speed of your ship?

and would flight assist off, work within a planets atmosphere/gravity?

There's a difference between "update" and "expansion". Update (Wings, Poweplay, CQC etc.) = Free. Expansions (Horizons) = Not free.

The fact that they keep using those two words interchangeably does not help with clarity...
"A Whole Season Of Expansions – Regular major updates included in the single purchase."

how do you land on a planet.....

if the planet's rotation speed is greater than the speed of your ship?

and would flight assist off, work within a planets atmosphere/gravity?
I think you're going to have an interesting time testing these things :)

First Horizons Grand Prix INCOMING! Dune buggy racing around a rocky planet. Finally - rocky planets get some love. Forget those water worlds and nasty earthlikes - Rocky Planets are where it's at.

Must get saving up for a steering wheel and some pedals ;-)

Just imagine how that will look on an Oculus Rift.

SQUEEEE Overload.

Vvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

:D

Can the rest of us plebs who just found the game also get the Cobra Mk 1V?

from what I understand, anyone who purchases elite:dangerous before the expansion is released in December will get access to the special cobra. the 'year one' they are talking about is the first year since the game was actually released, the years in alpha beta dont count.

The real question is....

What on earth is a "Season"?

FD's way of saying that they can't release a full expansion right out of the gate so they're selling you an incompletely and lacking version for full price and asking you to trust them with releasing rest of the content down the line.

So essentially it's an early access model for an expansion.

Considering how well that went with the base game...

Here's my answer for you, but I'm not Michael Brookes ...

Have you Beta Tested previous updates such as Powerplay or Wings? Or had access to test them, even if you didn't actually do it?
The answer to this is the answer to your question.

Maybe, and then the Beta option is for those without Beta currently.
However, it would be good to have this officially confirmed.

OK, planetary landings. Very well but i expected that this was the big Gamescom news.

The trailer looks really good but we already know that Frontier is good with this stuff.

Personally I think it's a little bit early for landings. IMHO the main game lacks a lot of things more important than this...

Very much agree with this.

If Frontier aren't careful I feel Elite will end up with no substance or depth to the core game.

My reaction to this is a resounding "meh".

I'll reserve judgement until I see some details about how new features will work and what gameplay will be like (hopefully there will be some actual gameplay, rather than just new engine tech), but from past experience I'll be keeping my expectations low. After all, Powerplay sounded like a great feature before we got a proper look at it...

You want more depth, but turn down planetary landings and ground gameplay?

You realise how ridiculous that sounds right?

Well, it is not, really. Ground gameplay has nothing, and I mean nothing, to do with Elite. Yeah I know, it probably be funny, but still, has nothing to do. Planetary Landings are another story, and I like them , just because it will be like FE2 landing on Sirocco Station or New London... But all the time spent in physics calculations for ground movement of vehicles, well, can't say I'm happy, if I've to be honest. I'd rather prefer to have passenger cabins on my ship, but it's only an opinion.

Im so excited. 2015 is a great year. I have Horizons, Fallout 4 and Battlefront to look forward to.

Just out of interest, what is so good about a cobra Mk IV?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom