News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
This is beside the point of the question I asked MB.

Then you should read my reply to you as it started of with, nope no misunderstanding, though the sentiment was the same. Michael has also already answered this question

Nope no misunderstanding, just a year's worth of gameplay under your belt by the time Horizons is released.
If you buy the new version of COD/COD black ops every year you get the same game with a new skin and one or two bits of new content so I don't see what all the fuss is about, forza motorsport is the same. The only problem here is the link between the existing game and new game sharing the same universe which some seem to be finding hard to grasp and feel a bit short changed because of it.

If I bought COD 4 the day before COD MW2 was released should I feel miffed that I didn't get a discount for MW2?

Elite Dangerous: Horizons launches this Holiday. The first expansion, Planetary Landings introduces players to planet surfaces and the first all-new Surface Recon Vehicle (SRV) the ‘Scarab’. Scanning airless planets and moons brings new gameplay as players detect signals, crashed ships, mineral deposits, outposts and fortresses. Alone or with friends players will explore, mine and engage hostile forces as they attempt to infiltrate strongholds guarding valuable rewards. Players will explore new worlds, coasting over mountaintops, diving into canyons, landing on the surface and rolling out onto the surface in your SRV, all without loading times or breaks in gameplay.

So much win! Multiple surface craft coming, not just one. Investigating wrecks, mining, outposts, fortresses, engaging hostiles. Genuine terrain. *Seamless*!!!

I can't see anything about crafting/looting, I don't know where that was quoted from. If you craft something then what? Weapons/modules? hardly I'd have thought. Commodities? Cockpit decorations? :)

And now for People that don`t want EDH? It i possible to Play with Player that are in the other Elite?

As Example:

ED <> ED = Sure Works
EDH <> EDH = Sure also Works
ED <> EDH = ??? (Chat?, Wings? Connection? See other?)

p.s. I hope the Scarab's cockpit varies a little from the ships' cockpits/HUDs, horses for courses and all that.

WoW Release: 2004

WoW : TBC(First Expansion) Release: 2007

WoW : WotlK (Second Expansion) Release: 2008

WoW : Cataclysm (Third Expansion) Release: 2010

WoW : MoP (Foruth Expansion) Release : 2012

WoW : WoD (Fifth Expansion) Release : 2014

See the diffrence? the First expansion was released Three Years of the orginal WoW, also WoW has Five expansions now, with a six one comming up,so comparing the priceing of WoW and E: D/ED:H is not really something usefull if you ask me

1. WoW also has been charging a monthly sub.
2. The content released between expansions is not actually free because of the sub.
3. Most content in between expansions was content announced as part of the expansion, but not yet added to the game at the time of that expansion's release, not quite unlike the season for Horizons includes further content down the road.

And now for People that don`t want EDH? It i possible to Play with Player that are in the other Elite?

As Example:

ED <> ED = Sure Works

EDH == ED + the planetary landings - that was answered earlier in this thread

It's the SAME GAME but with the planetary landings, using the SAME galaxy data as everyone else.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

As Example:

ED <> ED = Sure Works

Yes, as has been stated you are all still in the same galaxy, it's just that people who don't own horizons won't be able to take part in the Space Buggy demolition derbies with those that do.

Last edited:
If you buy the new version of COD/COD black ops every year you get the same game with a new skin and one or two bits of new content so I don't see what all the fuss is about, forza motorsport is the same. The only problem here is the link between the existing game and new game sharing the same universe which some seem to be finding hard to grasp and feel a bit short changed because of it.

If I bought COD 4 the day before COD MW2 was released should I feel miffed that I didn't get a discount for MW2?

No because you bought a "new" game which everybody has to pay the same price for,for the same ammount of content,however my "Problem" with the pricing right now is that if you are a New Player to E: D you get a MUTCH better deal(Base Game + Expansion Content) then just buying the Expansion(Only Expansion Content) you can't honestly tell me that the worth is the same

And also i don't play CoD exactly because they want me to pay full price every year

Last edited:
I loved the teaser, it reminded me of the original Alien film and the landing on LV-426. And as for the "punchline", it really hit the spot. Very nicely done.

I'm feeling excited and positive about this, and I very much liked the sound of

"These worlds will feel real and meaningfully unique."

Wow! :)

Questions, so many questions ...

1) Will entry and exit of the planet surfaces be seamless or instanced?

2) Will the buggy fit in all ships or just those with larger holds? How big will it be?

3) Will you be able to explore the entire surface or just an area?

4) Will we be able to explore underwater, subterrain etc?

5) How will exploration work on the surfaces, and what sort of rewards will this incur? How will this expand on exploration?

6) If we are being hunted by NPCs or players, can we hide or use the planets to escape?

7) Are there any limitations or ship requirements to be able to land on the surface?

8) Will hidden bases/stations be added in space or just on the surfaces? (ie other things for us to find not on the map)

9) What will happen if we jettison cargo in an atmosphere?

10) Will ships get dirty on the surfaces? Will they take damage on entry or exit?

11) What dangers await us on the planets?

12) How will we exit the gravitational fields of the planets with the speed limitations on the ships currently?

13) Are there plans to have seasons on the surfaces, weather, changing conditions, dust storms, lighting changes etc?

14) Will the surfaces be able to be modified/damaged/changed by players?

15) How will it work for players who don't get the expansion? Could players use access to the expansion to avoid players who do not have it?

16) Possible to crash land when damaged?

17) What will be the impact on existing weapons in an atmosphere or gravitational field etc? Would mines become bombs, or would the projectile weapons stray more etc?

18) Will there be natural landmarks to claim as an explorer, or other unique things to see on a given surface? Could some obscure places become tourist attractions for example?

19) Will it be possible to develop things on the surface, either by missions, crafting etc etc? Complete actions to terriform maybe?

20) Will some places be very hostile enviroments? Perhaps could still explore but in limited amounts?

Mind is racing right now :)

Sufficed to say I am excited :)

^ This. Why is this so hard to understand for some people...?

Maybe that's worth something for those who forget they were promised a living, breathing universe and a game with deep interlocking gameplay as described in the DDA and instead received the mishmash of unconnected minigames with a lifeless, curated game world they call Elite Dangerous.
As it stands, no, I didn't get to enjoy the months I have spent with ED, and I have tried. Which I would be fine with considering I understand the game is still pretty much in an alpha stage and can only get better, but when I'm being told the money I paid back in december was worth nothing, well that does tend to make me mad.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom