I just don't get it..

I just got to Sag A after 2 months of travel. I only play a couple hours at best a few times a week. But I set the goal and finally made it. However, waiting there is an anaconda with a pilot that shows as Lawless when scanned. Once he notices me he deploys hardpoints and heads my way. I doubt that he is coming over to wish heart felt congrats on arriving at the center of the galaxy. I had my scan so a quick couple jumps and out..

My question is this. WHY???? what is the fun in waiting for unarmed and mostly unshielded ships to jump by just to blow them up? Perhaps I am just old and as a result old fashioned. But i don't get it. There is no cargo to gain.. Nothing that can be traded or sold. so it is just to ruin someone's day and a couple months of work. Sad.......

I just got to Sag A after 2 months of travel. I only play a couple hours at best a few times a week. But I set the goal and finally made it. However, waiting there is an anaconda with a pilot that shows as Lawless when scanned. Once he notices me he deploys hardpoints and heads my way. I doubt that he is coming over to wish heart felt congrats on arriving at the center of the galaxy. I had my scan so a quick couple jumps and out..

My question is this. WHY???? what is the fun in waiting for unarmed and mostly unshielded ships to jump by just to blow them up? Perhaps I am just old and as a result old fashioned. But i don't get it. There is no cargo to gain.. Nothing that can be traded or sold. so it is just to ruin someone's day and a couple months of work. Sad.......

There are a few known players who get their kicks waiting for explorers to jump into Sag A only to their death. it is removing weeks and months of days from someone's life. It's within the rules of the game, but it's still disheartening. Which is why I've hopped over to Solo for my trip into the core at ~3kly out.

There are a few known players who get their kicks waiting for explorers to jump into Sag A only to their death. it is removing weeks and months of days from someone's life. It's within the rules of the game, but it's still disheartening. Which is why I've hopped over to Solo for my trip into the core at ~3kly out.

Disheartening is a very good way to put that. If I had been caught off guard I would have been both very PO'd and broken. It would have been a put this game away for a while moment.

SIGH.. maybe their parents won't let them leave the basement to play with others... lol

Glad you got away CMDR

Life must be very rough on them to have to get cheap jollies bullying others in a game. They want others to feel the emptiness inside that they do and be as miserable as they are, cause you know it loves company.
Pity the fool. Unfortunately this a very common occurrence in today MMO's where folks become griefers just for the attention, any at all will do. SAD.

Mmm...just by any chance, let's try not to jump to conclusions too quick here.. was CMDR METTA the player you found? did you guys chat at all?? Did he try to interdict you right away?

To precisely avoid the bad guys there are a couple of CMDR who are patrolling SAG A*. One of them is CMDR METTA. If you guys didn't talk he could have thought you were the threat.

In any case, the chat in game is also not the best. I have now a friend who I fought to death when we met over a greeting that he never got -3 times- and I interpreted as hostile -we were in a CZ-. After clearing things up -took us three days of bitter fighting each other!- we talked it through.

Every time you see another cmdr in an "ANARCHY" system, they are marked LAWLESS, even if they are the Pope. As FD has it, all the galaxy is ANARCHY, so every cmdr you find out there will be, in consequence, LAWLESS.

Ya, SagitSnipers... pinnacle of Griefers. Yet many others often says that I am bad one, because I kills lots of cmdrs by doing assasination missions that tagets Cmdrs. Even so, I doubt if ever I forced anyone to start over, or make someone lose significant amount of some work by killin them. Yes, Im know, Im evil, but not much like them, right? That makes diffrence. I wrote it because I love to justify myself at any occasion and because I love annoy the very few of many that will read it. The "few" ones will know what I meant here. ;)

Last edited:
His name is probably Hyperlethal. Read the ED Reddit forums for more info. He's being chased around the core as we speak and may be destroyed now but it illustrates and confirms 3 things to me:

1. Möbius was a great idea, glad I joined
2. There are too many spineless scum balls playing this game in this kind of style. It needs better policing.
3. Anyone who is caught perpetuating this kind of behaviour deserves perma ban.

Another child who spends too many hours on his Xbox version of ED griefing fellow players probably.

My tuppence worth. I wish you safe journeys and as previously mentioned private groups are the way ahead.
Safe trails Cdr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right so - if it's an Anaconda - it's more than likely to be CMDR Metta, as Kancro pointed out earlier.

I met up with him at Sag. A* and he is NOT a griefer! Exactly the opposite in fact. He's there to chase griefers away!

He's actually very cool chap and if you read the Reddit forums you would know this.

Read my thread here - last couple of posts, to see proof that CMDR Metta is benevolent : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=174644

Rgds.

Roger that Cdr. Cdr Metta is a good guy, Cdr Hyperlethal is a rogue Asp Cdr currently on the run in the core as we speak

Last edited:
I agree with Genar Hofoen.

Open is what it is: open.
People can interact in open in different ways.
They can do pvp, but they can also coop, or just play solo in open, not engaging or interacting with anyone.
Equating open with pvp is a step too far.

Last edited:
No really - stop being ridiculous.

You are the one being ridiculous. Choosing open and expecting the game to not have you interact with other players ;-).
Maybe you are confusing it with solo?

Indeed having read the manual it says:

"You can choose to start the game in Open Play, where you have the chance to encounter all
other Commanders playing the same way"

Not sure where in that line it says it's PVP, or maybe this is just a reflection of his attitude to MMOs?

Ok, so which part of it is unclear to you? The quote you posted says that if you choose open, you will encounter other CMDRs, thus enabling the PvP element.
If you choose "solo" then PvP is turned off, so you cannot interact with other commanders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom