Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Horizons patch 2.0.02

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Also I noticed that starting ships Horizons Sidewinder and New Commander start with the same amount of credits 1000. Before, New Commander which doesn't have a SRV, started with 100.000 credits.

I was lucky to join while the New Commander starting credits gave out that much. While 100k may be over the top, 1k is a guarantee that many new players will just quit the game. The Sidie is a decent ship if you get it enough upgrades, without them the increased difficulty in missions, in NPC aggressiveness and overall game complexity will just make progression in the first few critical hours too hard for the starting player. This is supposed to be Elite Dangerous not Elite Impossible for new commanders with minimal skills, experience and equipment.

I was lucky to join while the New Commander starting credits gave out that much. While 100k may be over the top, 1k is a guarantee that many new players will just quit the game. The Sidie is a decent ship if you get it enough upgrades, without them the increased difficulty in missions, in NPC aggressiveness and overall game complexity will just make progression in the first few critical hours too hard for the starting player. This is supposed to be Elite Dangerous not Elite Impossible for new commanders with minimal skills, experience and equipment.

LOL well i guess, we, olds cmdrs from the game start are magicians, cause we have all started with 1000cr and a side, like everybody, and having now thousand of millions...
The game is enough casual now, don't make it more easy !!

Whilst some aspects of the game are tougher since this time a year ago (AI is arguably better now) there are also many ways to make credits quicker. Bounty hunting in 1.0 was far less profitable, exploration was worth half as much, route planning was a joke so rare trading took far more effort...

The game is about starting with next to nothing and becoming Elite. If players don't want that they bought the wrong game.

LOL well i guess, we, olds cmdrs from the game start are magicians, cause we have all started with 1000cr and a side, like everybody, and having now thousand of millions...
The game is enough casual now, don't make it more easy !!

Yeah, exactly what i was thinking. xD

I have the same issue. Constant crashes...

Ditto here. I'm running 2x nVidia 970s in SLI surround. Random crashes all over the place... Outfitting, super cruise, Galaxy map. I've also tried the last 2 versions of nVidia drivers, but still have the same issue. I'd roll the drivers way back, but I'm also playing Star Wars Battlefront, and the Dec 21 drivers finally made that game stable so sticking with them for now.

The last time I had this kind of instability in Elite (summer of 2015), I rolled back nVidia drivers several versions and that fixed the instability.

Last edited:
In the original game we used to start with 100 credits in the bank, A rusty bathtub MK1 as a ship, 3 tins of world war 2 corned beef in the cargo hold, 40,000 credit student loan that needed paying off in 2 weeks, a piece of string in our pockets and a very solid hangover....

I'm seeing many folk talking about crashing. I've never suffered a crash in ED or EDH so one wonders what I am doing different?

I'm seeing many folk talking about crashing. I've never suffered a crash in ED or EDH so one wonders what I am doing different?

One of the best ways to understand the stability issue is to compare PC specs (CPU, memory, OS, video cards, etc), driver versions, and respective issues being reported. I've been playing Elite since it was in Alpha (along with many other folks here on this forum), and have a pretty good perspective of the Elite stability issues we've seen over time. There were times when you could login and your ship was in between walls of the station rather than on the landing pad... and would explode. Fun times.

The game has come a very long way since then, but on my rig (which has been the same since Alpha), there have been 2 major releases that caused significant crashing to desktop. One was this past summer (don't recall the version #), and the latest was Horizons. I fixed the first round of instability by rolling back several versions of my nVidia driver. During this latest round of instability with Horizons, I have not yet tried going back to Oct/Nov drivers because I'm also playing Battlefront.

My PC video specs are 2 x nVidia 970 GTX in SLI.

Again and again i was shooted by invisible npc's.
Nothing on scanner, nothing around, only rockets spawn on radar before hit me.
WHAT is going on?!
Instancing is big issue now.
We cant play with friends, we cant play together becouse we DONT SEE EACH OTHER !?!?!? WHY ?!?!?!
WHEN THIS ISSUE WILL BE FIXED ????
Maybe it is Massive Online SINGLE Player Game ??!!

Last edited:
Again and again i was shooted by invisible npc's.
Nothing on scanner, nothing around, only rockets spawn on radar before hit me.
WHAT is going on?!
Instancing is big issue now.
We cant play with friends, we cant play together becouse we DONT SEE EACH OTHER !?!?!? WHY ?!?!?!
WHEN THIS ISSUE WILL BE FIXED ????
Maybe it is Massive Online SINGLE Player Game ??!!

We have had a few times that we don't see each other when playing in wing in Horizon. But when both of us go to main menu and start again it's working just fine. I don't know about invisible npc's.

But I have to say that when wings was introduced we had lot's of problems with my son. I mean a lot, it was almost not possible to play in wing. Now it's working really nice for us. I don't know what's causing all the issues but for us it is tons better than when wings launched.

Last edited:

I know the feeling. Out of 8 people i know who bought Elite, only 1 is left to play with.

Called E.D. because Mission Impossible title was already used !!!

I know the feeling. Out of 8 people i know who bought Elite, only 1 is left to play with.

I found what looked to be the perfect exploration game ( if it looks to good to be true... ) so I got it and a HOTAS. Watched a lot of youtube video's, read the forums & the guides ( one Beginners Guide assumed you had 3 ship upgrades & 6 million in credits.. I was LOL but that seems to be what you need to start this game ) I did everything I could to get some where with this game. Followed all the Recommended Steps and STILL Nothing... I brought the Life Time Pass, it said you got a Free Cobra when Horizons comes out... So I thought ok I'll be able to start off with a better ship & maybe that will help !!! All I want to do is fly around and explore systems and discover things..... LOL STUPID ME !!!! the cobra is 750,000 credits for me it might as well be 750 Billion credits !!!!! I'm having a harder & harder time talking my self into playing this game more :( I'd hate to thing of all the $$$ I wasted on it too. But it seems like I have less and less of a choice..

I sometimes wish ED was more like SC where I could buy a better ship that was fitted out for exploring, doesn't have to be top of the line. Just enough to let me fly around and enjoy some exploring.. But that's not going to happen, I know that. So I may ended up in the group of people the quits & leaves this game, no matter how hard I've tried to play it... Very Sad & Depressing, I'd love to play this game sooooo much....

I found what looked to be the perfect exploration game ( if it looks to good to be true... ) so I got it and a HOTAS. Watched a lot of youtube video's, read the forums & the guides ( one Beginners Guide assumed you had 3 ship upgrades & 6 million in credits.. I was LOL but that seems to be what you need to start this game ) I did everything I could to get some where with this game. Followed all the Recommended Steps and STILL Nothing... I brought the Life Time Pass, it said you got a Free Cobra when Horizons comes out... So I thought ok I'll be able to start off with a better ship & maybe that will help !!! All I want to do is fly around and explore systems and discover things..... LOL STUPID ME !!!! the cobra is 750,000 credits for me it might as well be 750 Billion credits !!!!! I'm having a harder & harder time talking my self into playing this game more :( I'd hate to thing of all the $$$ I wasted on it too. But it seems like I have less and less of a choice..

I sometimes wish ED was more like SC where I could buy a better ship that was fitted out for exploring, doesn't have to be top of the line. Just enough to let me fly around and enjoy some exploring.. But that's not going to happen, I know that. So I may ended up in the group of people the quits & leaves this game, no matter how hard I've tried to play it... Very Sad & Depressing, I'd love to play this game sooooo much....

Sorry to hear that man. In the beginning the learning curve is steep, but once you get the hang of it... it's so involving, rewarding and satisfying. Tip: Do simple smuggler missions, avoid being scanned by speeding past the police scanning putside the large stations

Or go to Low intensity Resource Extraction sites (find them in the left cockpit panel under 'navigation' when you are close to ring systems) and kill the 'Wanted' ships. Cash bounty in stations at 'contacts' (In the system where you made the kill). Just be sure to know what ships you can take on.

That's a good start for making some cash to buy a Cobra Mk III, excellent for exploring on the cheap. There are tips around on how to outfit it for exploring. The Cobra Mk III is a cheap all-arounder that will be the best investment you will ever make in the game.

Elite is difficult to get the hang of at first, but once you do... you will like it :)

Hey Tazzer-R,
As someone who started out as a fellow explorer there is no reason you need have your excitement dampened by the effort it takes to get up to speed. If you have patience and a cargo scoop I'll hook you up with the 750k you need for your cobra + insurance.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom