UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Nope. How do we know that there isn't a shell of UAs around other nebula we just haven't stumbled on yet? Or, the Pleiades one spawned UAs first because of humans poking around (it's very close to the bubble).
I'm not talking specifically about the shell, but also the pointing behavior. You can take the UA as far away as you want and it will point to Merope. If it was pointing to barnacles, then logic dictates that they would also point to other nebulae or other places in the Pleiades. Since we have confirmation that they can be in other nebulae, we have confirmation that the UA is not pointing to Merope because of the barnacles.

Related mysteries or multiple clues in the same mystery? Quite possibly. But the approach that UAs are pointing at Merope, so barnacles are in Merope has never been conclusive, and the evidence keeps stacking against it. It is far more likely that the UAs are pointing at and spawning around Merope for a different reason other than "EAT AT JOE'S, HERE BE BARNACLES".

Random things:

- UA's make whale sounds
- Barnacles grow on Whales
- Barnacles are not harmful or useful to whales
- Barncales grow where they never see the sun
- Barnacles grow on neglected ships under the water.
- Water isn't warm. Average ocean temperature is 14 degrees ?

kappa

Fun facts.

Last edited:
Random things:

- UA's make whale sounds
- Barnacles grow on Whales
- Barnacles are not harmful or useful to whales
- Barncales grow where they never see the sun
- Barnacles grow on neglected ships under the water.
- Water isn't warm. Average ocean temperature is 14 degrees ?

kappa

Fun facts.

Cetacean's?

Cetacean_Probe.jpg

TIME TRAVEL CONFIRMED?!?

I'm on Merope 3C just now - and maaaaaann it's dark here
Luckily, my own personal belief is that what we are looking for can be found in the light as well as the dark. If I thought for one second these things can only be found in darkness, I'd give up now and go home. No way I'm crawling around for days in the dark till risking falling into some bottomless abyss until we get some awesome night vision technology

Yes, I can confiirm..

After following the line it crossed with another line.

Well, these structures in the distance look quite interesting. Hmm..

But it might be also a Stellar Forge bug because the lines disappeared sometimes if you change your viewing angle.

Don't know if that has been already answered, look at your coordinates.
I've seen them too and they are right at the equatorial lines of a planet.
Everything screams graphical bug/ glitch.
You can also follow them around the whole planet if you are able to keep your view angle and have enough patience.
As you said, they dissapear when you change your angle.

Last edited:
Luckily, my own personal belief is that what we are looking for can be found in the light as well as the dark. If I thought for one second these things can only be found in darkness, I'd give up now and go home. No way I'm crawling around for days in the dark till risking falling into some bottomless abyss until we get some awesome night vision technology

I'd go with even some basic night vision at this point, haha. My local toy store sells halfway decent NVG's, but my FTL-capable starship has none? ;)

Done searching Merope 5 B on its dark side...4 hours almost and nearly pulverized my Python on some dark cliffs a couple of times...getting too tired. Need some sleep. Landing inside a massive crater in the dark zone and going to nap this one out. Good luck to the other CMDRs. Dont give up.

Over and out.-

The ONE thing I want MB to answer more than anything is whether or not these things we are after can be seen from the ship and, if so, what is minimal distance to spot them?

As many of you know I have been reading past lore and ED books for some time now, trying to find clues as to what we face here in the UA mystery. As much as I wanted it to be another Alien race I admit I am conceding defeat. And here is why.

When in prior lore Thargoids first arrived the scenario was very very similar to the current one. Small drone like objects in space being sighted and pilots feeling like they where being watched. It was quite some time before the Thargoids revealed their presence and as has now been concluded they where not actually here to start a war persae but curiosity got the better of them until we started shooting the crap out of them. Then the remnants disappeared without a trace.

Or did they.

We are all currently in the system that has the most links to the past lore Thargoid wise, and I don't believe FD are as callous as some people have made them out to be. The clues are here but we may not be using them right. The UA's could possibly be abandoned Tharglets that motherships used on mass to protect themselves from us. The UA's would then have to find another mothership like entity to communicate with in order to reactivate and behave in their normal way.

Is it possible that one of our ships with say 10 or 20 UA's on board could go to each of the planets that are available to us in the Pleiades Nebula or more specifically the Seven Sisters, and do a mass drop over each planet to see if they exhibit a new behavior. No results then rescoop and move on to the next one.

Every update has given the UA's a new behavior and I find it hard to believe that FD would stop now. It is just we need to find the trigger. If the Thargoids are known to have a Hive mentallity then if the UA's and Barnacles are truly linked entities then there has to be a behavior that exhibits that. Yes I am fully aware they all point to Merope but if we send satellites out into space we program them to do the same thing so they can send signals back to earth and also pick up solar energy to keep themselves powered for the longest possible time. It may just be as simple as that.

o7

At this point I think we'd all welcome a good alien ant swarming

At this point I just want to see something new, or at least have a friend, even if it's some sort of alien life form trying to murder me in the deep reaches of the galaxy

Hell my imagination is going nuts just waiting for the ground to open up and a giant alien worm come flying out (ala' barnacle style) to grab my ship or SRV as I cruise over.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom