UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I recommend hiring player security forces around that area. As it is the only known spot at this moment, I suspect crazed players to flock there. Meta-alloys are valuable and rare and players will kill to get their SRVs on the ground to get them

Interestingly, I just fired on one and got Ytrium and Arsenic. Lends credence to the feeding on other mineral deposits.

Holy crap. I think I was in Merope 5 C when MB made the "good thinking" post, and everyone (including me) took it as an indication to get out of Merope! Ah, well, no use crying over spilled milk. I probably wouldn't have found it anyway, given the size of the planet.

An interesting thing now will be to reverse-engineer how to find more, starting from characteristics of the place they've been found. I'll be very curious to see if we find evidence that we missed clues on where to find them which were in front of us the whole time.

Also, be careful going to that location in open Cmdrs. The Obisian Orbital blockade griefers from the Syphilitic Turtle Team, or whatever they are called, could very likely be headed there. And remember they shoot first and ask questions... Well, they just shoot.

Oh my god as I'm aproaching Merope 5c I'm facepalming because I LOOKED IN THESE EXACT VALLEYS! obviously not nearly hard enough! hahaha ah well

so the 5 - 3 purrs of the UA was correct, Merope 5C, damn.

Also, these moons are at 297K surface temperature, which is basically room temperature, very confortable to carbon based life, so for more of these things I wouldn't go for worlds above 370K. There's no volcanism however... which is pretty strange, I was also expecting the high G and the geysers theories to be correct...

Also, these moons are at 297K surface temperature, which is basically room temperature, very confortable to carbon based life, so for more of these things I wouldn't go for worlds above 370K. There's no volcanism however... which is pretty strange, I was also expecting the high G and the geysers theories to be correct...

Total opposite of what many of us were expecting the conditions to be!

Congrats to the guys who found them!!!

Seems legit, plenty of folks around:

EliteDangerous64.exe_DX11_20160114_162314.jpgEliteDangerous64.exe_DX11_20160114_162338.jpgEliteDangerous64.exe_DX11_20160114_162441.jpg

EH?!

The UA is ALWAYS emitting 3 or 5/6 purrs. Wherever in the Galaxy. It only depends if its free floating or scooped and deployed.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom