Elite Badge

Do you want a new Elite Badge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really dumb qustion I'm sure ..... but I have a 29 year old badge that means the world to me .. http://wouter.bbcmicro.net/pictures/software/elite_pins.jpg (the one on the left) .... any plans to continue this ? (a shiny new badge for shiny new Elite:Dangerous players that make it to Elite)

n.b. not a show-stopper; already pledging £300 and not planning on pulling it regardless of the respose ... just curious.

p.s. if anyone want's to buy my badge ... a £300,000 pledge to E:D kickstarter will sort the deal, anything less ... sorry, it's worth more to me ;-)

Hi Duncan
Welcome to the Frontier Forum and that is a nice badge you have there. Unfortunately it's a bit out of my price range :D

I've been posting to the KS comment thread and some thread here, hoping that those badges would become a pledge upgrade. Of course, if Frontier wants to reserve them for gamers who actually reach Elite status, I'd respect that choice happily - just as long as they exist! :)

I've only just heard about these badges. At the time I was playing Elite, they had been discontinued and it took a couple of years for me to attain Elite status, so by that time it was all over. Add in the fact I'm in Australia and I had no chance of ever getting one.

*Sad Panda*

So I'd love it if Frontier Dev made them available again to players, pending special conditions (like, well, being Elite status first. maybe some others too).

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Not seething with jealousy at all :)

Nice to see their are still some out there. :)

It would also be nice if FD produced some more......

Those are simply beautifull!

I too was a little young to get them first time round, and spent years trying to acquire one before I finally gave up.

Would love to see a recurrence of these badges too.

Damn they look amazing! Never heard of them, and never became ELITE anyway. I managed Deadly for Elite II and maybe ELITE (I can't remember)

When I learned about Elite Dangerous on KS I decided that I couldn't pledge until I found my Elite Badge (original BBC Micro).

It took over 4 weeks of searching before finding it. I was beginning to think I'd lost it for good and therefore didn't deserve to be involved with ED.

I wonder how many are still out there in the wild.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
When I learned about Elite Dangerous on KS I decided that I couldn't pledge until I found my Elite Badge (original BBC Micro).

It took over 4 weeks of searching before finding it. I was beginning to think I'd lost it for good and therefore didn't deserve to be involved with ED.

I wonder how many are still out there in the wild.

Hope theres a picture on the way :D

JKF well done on finding your badge...

So I think this thread turned up you, me and Duncan who have badges.

JFK
http://www.4tn.net/public/EliteBadge.jpg
@JFK - I love that your badge looks a bit scuffed, I can just imagine on an 80's style denim jacket beside your AC/DC badge!!

Duncan
http://wouter.bbcmicro.net/pictures/software/elite_pins.jpg (the one on the left)
@Duncan - Don't be lazy take a pic of your actual badge, they are all unique :)

Me
My Elite Badge

So that is two BBC B badges and a Commodore 64 badge.

Have we missed anyone else? Surely we can do better than three people who where awarded the official "Order of Elite" on the Official Elite Forums!!

Anyone??

That Gal Cop telegram signed by Tony Beckwith; i wonder if that was the Tony Beckwith i worked with at Probe Entertainment? He started in the bedroom programming days!

Top Bottom