Patch Notes Update Beta - 1.6 and The Engineers (2.1) incoming

What does Torpedoes tougher but slower mean?

They're already so slow that they can't hit anything unless you fire them from less than 300m distance. I've fired hundreds of those things during 1.3 through 2.0.

Maybe I missed it, but on the limpets, did they fix the collector limpets expiring after the first pick up? What a pain to have to buy twice the number of limpets to do the job. The prospector limpets don't die as soon as they're launched, but I go through twice the number of collector limpets than I should have to. I'm not talking about the time limit, either. After a set expires and you launch a new set, it picks up a bit and brings it back then expires before the time limit. No, i'm not leaving the limpets to go prospecting. I stay within the defined range. Most of the time, I don't even use the prospectors because if I don't get what I want, I just move on. Prospecting can be a waste of limpets. I usually dig first, then if I get what I want, I give it a prospect to maximize my return; then, launch the collectors.
---cheers!

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
Maybe I missed it, but on the limpets, did they fix the collector limpets expiring after the first pick up? What a pain to have to buy twice the number of limpets to do the job. The prospector limpets don't die as soon as they're launched, but I go through twice the number of collector limpets than I should have to. I'm not talking about the time limit, either. After a set expires and you launch a new set, it picks up a bit and brings it back then expires before the time limit. No, i'm not leaving the limpets to go prospecting. I stay within the defined range. Most of the time, I don't even use the prospectors because if I don't get what I want, I just move on. Prospecting can be a waste of limpets. I usually dig first, then if I get what I want, I give it a prospect to maximize my return; then, launch the collectors.
---cheers!

You very likely already know this so apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but you are not targetting the item that you want to pick up are you? If you do that they will expire after picking up the one targetted item - this is as designed.

If you have nothing targetted, they should continue to collect. However, in some of the prior versions this was a bit buggy if there were lots of other ships (especially player ships) in the area, and they would often expire too soon.

What about favorites in the Galaxy Overview? What about the very low audio volume? What about the repetitive messages "Don't try to run...", "Don't panic!" and "I haven't written my ...". What about not mentioning the time that cargo has to be safegaurded (1h or 2h)? What about the low amount of mission types? What about adding more different stations as there are only 5 or 6 types in the whole galaxy?

Bottem-line: please consider spending some time on the game that you already released for which many additional features or improvements have been suggested/requested.

- Rebalanced heat efficiency of the Fer de Lance to offset the increased power plant change

My life is ruined...

Lol

On a ever so slightly more serious note. I just saw how bad the FDL is with heat now.
Basically, the FDL can't be used to do the following now:
Fuel scooping
Fighting near a star
Flying near a star
Silent running
Combat
Trading
Travelling
Exploration

Things the FDL can be used for:
Selfies
Mining?

Lol

My poor FDL :( I hope they tweak the heat management alittle again before release, cos I think they nudged it too far. Not back to 2.0 levels, but a happy middle ground would be nice.

On the plus side, loads of cool new stuff has been added, and I'm very excited.

I see that this is for XBOX as well, but I do not see the Beta in the XBOX store. How do we get the update on XBox One?

Last edited:
I see that this is for XBOX as well, but I do not see the Beta in the XBOX store. How do we get the update on XBox One?

Theres no beta for us xbox players, so im guessing these might also be final release notes (just the xbox ones)

Last edited:
That's a huge changelog!
Awesome work - keep it up.

Now if you could load the missions in the backgroud during the landing procedure, especiqally as there's now far more of them. Went into missions the other day and it was about 10s to get into them (although they look nice!)

Theres no beta for us xbox players, so im guessing these might also be final release notes (just the xbox ones)

Yes. As the beta continues new versions will be released (BETA 2, BETA 3 etc), each with their own changelog. At the end it will all be merged into one 2.1 live changelog. This way you guys can already see some stuff being officially acknowledged of going in the final 2.1 patch.

Hello,

i'm trying out beta 2.1 and found a bug. in german language most text are not included. but the bigger problem is, that you get shon completly other locations for the engineers. after switching to english i got the right locations

also the show rewards are completly diffrent

This is FDev's desperate attempt to lure you away from german as your UI language.

Once you get rid of that KOMMANDANT you stop having nightmares about everything going black and white and flat irons growing out of your formica dashboard.

83417raumpatrouilleorion19_142234.jpg

Still cannot download, would be nice if FD provided a patch to fix. I did file bug report for following error - "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64\Win64\Items\Ships\Cutter|Cutter_Cockpit\data.ovl" (validation error) - hope it gets fixed soon.

Shadowma

Last edited:
My life is ruined...

Lol

On a ever so slightly more serious note. I just saw how bad the FDL is with heat now.
Basically, the FDL can't be used to do the following now:
Fuel scooping
Fighting near a star
Flying near a star
Silent running
Combat
Trading
Travelling
Exploration

Things the FDL can be used for:
Selfies
Mining?

Lol

My poor FDL :( I hope they tweak the heat management alittle again before release, cos I think they nudged it too far. Not back to 2.0 levels, but a happy middle ground would be nice.

On the plus side, loads of cool new stuff has been added, and I'm very excited.

Oh god really? That is awful. I would understand if they made it a little worse, but you make it sound as though it is now one of the worst in that regard.

I just hope the Docking Computer fail horribly in some rare cases. That moment when you leave your chair to get some water while the Docking Computer is working, and suddenly hear disaster sounds is part of Elite folklore now, since the early games :)

Top Bottom