The Things are coming, we cannot stop them ... and we need your help!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You know - a while back, and I can't remember the system unfortunately, I remember sitting in supercruise and there was no music but whenever I pointed in a certain direction it made a weird noise. Actually thought it was a bug.

Probably there's nothing in this and it was me just going mad but maybe listen out for directional noises.

Not as crazy as it sounds. The audio team for this game do a sensational job, there is an incredible amount of detail in thr audio throughout the game - just put your cursor over the various planet types in the system map, and you'll quickly realise that they all have signature audio tracks. Dropping out of SC in front of an ELW, and listening to it is quite incredible.

Of all the possible hints, this is the one I'd be paying most attention to.

Z...

Last edited:

Achilles7

Banned
We need help for more TIPOFF folks.
Not sure how this works, after receiving a few TipOffs, I've been following them to get the decrypted message.

Can we please get your MESSAGES if you have collected a TIPOFF location?
- You received a TIPOFF, you get the KEY for the encryption (part of the initial message)
- You go there and scan the wreck DATACORE. Only commanders with THE KEY can do this.

PS; this is a extract from what we posted in the Canonn thread - but there are so many other leads events going on right now, so I need a place to collect message.

... there's a pattern here.
Some things cannot be explained just yet.
Things that appears to be a myth.
Thing that makes a specific sound.
Things that rip you out of Witchspace!
Things that appear as Lights?
THE THINGS ARE COMING \o/

PS: none of these wreck have any UA or any interesting cargo. Aluminium, Wine, Liquor.
The Anaconda did have some Military Plans (sold for cash).

Tascheter Sector CR-M a7-1 8 a - Decrypted message

http://i.imgur.com/NEQioO4.png

Sietae b 2 a - Wreck message

http://i.imgur.com/nHvL5qa.png

LHS 2509 5 A - Wreck message

http://i.imgur.com/7N8RGpf.png

17 Virginis 1 b - Wreck message

http://i.imgur.com/pUos1wG.png

Commanders - are your tipoffs for the same location the same messages as mine?
Or do you have other messages?

Picts and messages please. o7

To the author of the tip-off - If you're not dead...it's 'they're' NOT 'their'!

NB - Are you sure it's not just a wing of four teenage griefers in FDLs?..the funny noise you refer to is probably just their voices breaking!

The tip-off on Avan A 2 (-36.98/127.39) with a crashed F63 Condor gave the following text:
Commanders Log:
OK so lets see. I've got 3 days food and water, an emergency shelter and several tons of useless scrap metal.
I can probably stretch the food and water to 6 days if I really try.
I guess I just have to hope someone heard my mayday and picks me up within a week.
Here's to hope.
I saw no emergency shelter or escape pods at the site; I wonder if the pilot was indeed rescued...

The tip-off on Avan A 2 (-36.98/127.39) with a crashed F63 Condor gave the following text:
Commanders Log:
OK so lets see. I've got 3 days food and water, an emergency shelter and several tons of useless scrap metal.
I guess I just have to hope someone heard my mayday and picks me up within a week.
Here's to hope.
I saw no emergency shelter or escape pods at the site; I wonder if the pilot was indeed rescued...

I got the same Tip Off Coordinates but never have gone there.

You know - a while back, and I can't remember the system unfortunately, I remember sitting in supercruise and there was no music but whenever I pointed in a certain direction it made a weird noise. Actually thought it was a bug.

Probably there's nothing in this and it was me just going mad but maybe listen out for directional noises.

Do you have a eddiscovery log?

Last edited:
Commanders Log:
Here's to hope.

Thanks, not much out of the ordinary there.
Good news is that you found the same ship-type and message as myself. So that part seems to be persistent at least.

o7 Keep digging, we still need to find more mystery messages though. :)

Last edited:
I have a Tipoff mission.
But haven't gone to it, dont want to go alone lmao.

So perhaps if someone is on Xbox and wants to go to a unknown locale with me?

Here's mine. Tipoff came for location over 100 ly from where I was at and was totally unrelated (so far as I could tell) from what I was doing:
8FOepBD.jpg

dcYmazS.jpg
ZhH1CsS.jpg

Last edited:
Dumb question, how do you get these tip off missions/messages, are they just random things that pop into your message panel or missions from the board?

Never received a tip off despite spending much time in ceos/sothis running missions.

Dumb question, how do you get these tip off missions/messages, are they just random things that pop into your message panel or missions from the board?

Never received a tip off despite spending much time in ceos/sothis running missions.

Was totally random with me.

We're not sure.
I spent quite alot of time to do ranking over the weekend. (because someone in FD decided that Bountyhunting & patrolling systems & REZ isnt a valid path to rank up anymore, *coughmichaelsorryabouttherant*)
... so the combination of Ranking up and/or running missions in those system gave me quite a lot of Tipoffs messages with wrecks to check out.
Perhaps the messages was just triggered 'latent', I just had not triggered mine until now. Who knows.

The one and only time I got a tip-off it was from doing a million-credit (i.e. Elite-ranked) donation mission for a faction I had maximum reputation with (in my case it was the ruling faction at Gohar Station in Jaradharre). I don't know if it's required to be actually maxed out but I suspect that allied status with a faction is required and then to undertake high-ranking (not sure if actually Elite, though) missions for them gives a chance of a tip-off upon successful completion.

Ok, you're entering a heavily tinfoiled area:

I don't think this has to be the Thargs. The pilots are talking about lights- could it be some of the point-light artifacts we see in hyperspace?

All the pilots crashed as a result of interaction with these Unknown Entities. It might be a side-effect of their tech- just like the UA accidentally started dissolving ships and stations.
Today, Drew mentioned we want to get ready for something by getting friendly with the Engineers, which means engineers can alter something that will counteract whatever the unknown entities use- whether it's a weapon, or a side-effect. We need to identify the most likely modification- I'm just grasping at straws here, but it might be some kind of Shielded Power Distributor, or something?

What can knock out all systems in a ship? What's the logical weak point?

If memory serves, I received the crashed Condor mission on Avan A2 detailed above when I achieved the rank of Allied with Sirius Corporation.

Last edited:

Goose4291

Banned
Ok, you're entering a heavily tinfoiled area:

I don't think this has to be the Thargs. The pilots are talking about lights- could it be some of the point-light artifacts we see in hyperspace?

All the pilots crashed as a result of interaction with these Unknown Entities. It might be a side-effect of their tech- just like the UA accidentally started dissolving ships and stations.
Today, Drew mentioned we want to get ready for something by getting friendly with the Engineers, which means engineers can alter something that will counteract whatever the unknown entities use- whether it's a weapon, or a side-effect. We need to identify the most likely modification- I'm just grasping at straws here, but it might be some kind of Shielded Power Distributor, or something?

What can knock out all systems in a ship? What's the logical weak point?

I wouldn't get too excited about that. I think Drew was implying that it's better to get pally with the engineers because a +2 damage beam laser is better than a normal beam laser, rather than super-antithargoid kit.

I am sure they come from rank with Feds. Always get the just after I rank up. Have 2 to do at the moment will do them tonight.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom