NO2O! The Definitive List of 1.7/2.2-Compatible HUD Colour/Color Configs (please add yours!)

I would pay real money in the store for an intelligent HUD colour changing addon. Orange could be a slightly psychotic colour if stared at for too long.
Think about the children, why won't anyone think about the children !

Flimley.

I admit that I would chip in if there were a development fund to get this in the game. But you're right anyway, won't someone think of the children?! :(

I would share mine but unfortunately all portaits are black for me except for powerplay. Seems like some software damage and I am too lazy to repair it. I just wait for the next patch to do that for me hehe. Would sahre my 10+ HUD colours then :p

If they patched the black portraits, this thread would become moot and you wouldn't have to share any :p :D

Dammit! Amarr left EvE for ED?!

No one would blame them if they did, amirite?

Code:
<MatrixRed> 0.5, -0.5, -2 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 2, 2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0, 0, 2 </MatrixBlue>

Notes: Hard Red theme with blue as a secondary colour (shields, blue zones, etc.). -200/200 range to differentiate radar colours from hostile/neutral/freindly/other colour codings.
Portrais are slightly affected and shine in a red-ish colour. Station window is orange while the ship panels remain hard red.

Too lazy for pictures, the OP does this anyways I guess? have a rep. :)

EDIT:

Code:
<MatrixRed> 1.5, -0.1, -0.1 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 2, 2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> -0.5, -0.5, 0.5 </MatrixBlue>

Baby Red/Blue theme. Portaits are not affected at all! A soft red-ish colour theme for those who find the previous hard red too .. well .. hard. :D

Last edited:
This my Tornado Sky Hud set up. Apologies if I don't conform to thread standards. I'm new at this.
<MatrixRed> 0.57, 0.77, 0.87 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -0.36, 0.44, -1 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> -0.2, -0.12, 1 </MatrixBlue>
It's easy on the eyes and the portraits are accessible.
TornadoSky.jpg

Last edited:
Got round to updating the thread while I had some time. Decided to trim it back a little. Rev 04 changes:

• Massive tidy up so it's more concise
  • Removed the colour headings and folded the additional previews and config lines into the SPOILERS to save space
  • Removed some content and moved the rest to the bottom so The List is first
  • Added the dates that the configs were submitted
  • Gave a more prominent mention to drkaii's EDProfiler

Apologies for the delay guys - didn't have time to test and screenshot these during this update. I'll add them shortly [up]

It will be great if you wanna share you're scheme...

Was that directed at me? If so, I'm an avid user of the blues in The List, particularly Garrus' and Droid8Apple's, but it depends on the mood/ship :D

Last edited:
guys if anyone wants a hud like original but with the blue as main colur and orange as the accents then try this for size....also in the mission boards ect the npc avatars look normal and human.
i also use latest reshade mod and 75 fov.

sorry i have no screens,i thought i took some but since going through steam these days (i dunno why,was bored) i cant find my screenshots,and they dont show up in steam itself?

<GUIColour>
<Default>
<LocalisationName>Standard</LocalisationName>
<MatrixRed> 0.00, 0.40, 0.90 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0.00, 0.61, 0.00 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.95, 0.00, 0.00 </MatrixBlue>
</Default>
</GUIColour>

Last edited:
Here's mine, rather vibrant gold with red as red, blue as blue and green as turquoise. Portraits are noticeably affected.
<MatrixRed> 1.7, 0, -0.06 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -9, 3, 1.3 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.6, -0.6, 0.55 </MatrixBlue>
Iqn5pg1.jpg

Last edited:
Here the one I use actually and it's my favourite. It's called "Blue Stahli" (I don't make it myself)

<matrixred> 0.15, 0.25, 0.9 </matrixred>
<matrixgreen> 0.62, 1, 0.32 </matrixgreen>
<matrixblue> 0.48, 0, 0 </matrixblue>

This is what it looks like

Hey all. I'm new to the game and new to the forum. I created this HUD the other day. It's a spin off of the "Hudson Red" from page one. i changed it around a bit to make it easier on my eyes and not have such blown out reds. Plus it almost matches the interior lighting of the Vulture almost perfectly. The portraits are practically unchanged. My apologies in advance if I messed up this post in any way.

<MatrixRed> 1, 0, 0 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 0.3, 0 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0, 0.6, 1 </MatrixBlue>

[spoiler]
Wm5AQik.jpg
[/IMG]
MAkys2G.jpg
[/IMG]
DICEE8m.jpg
[/IMG]
XYvK0XC.jpg
[/IMG][/spoiler]

Not trying to go off topic but you can get some truly amazing looking colors by tweaking the hue and saturation in your graphics card control panel. I came full circle from just about every color combo you could imagine back to the original hud. That's when I began tweaking the hue and sat. Yes it changes every color in the game. Sometimes things look truly alien it gets very interesting.

I wish Frontier would let us know if HUD colour change will ever happen. I have seen this request on the forums for ever.

Flimley.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Not trying to go off topic but you can get some truly amazing looking colors by tweaking the hue and saturation in your graphics card control panel. I came full circle from just about every color combo you could imagine back to the original hud. That's when I began tweaking the hue and sat. Yes it changes every color in the game. Sometimes things look truly alien it gets very interesting.
pics or its not real !

I wish Frontier would let us know if HUD colour change will ever happen. I have seen this request on the forums for ever.

Flimley.

Well the longer they wait the more UI they add the harder it will be. If they do it they will have to completely recode the GUI which is no small task. Don't know why they didn't do it to begin with. You look at something for hundreds of hours .

Flimley.

pics or its not real !

There can be no pics. Sorry you'll have to trust me. If I take a screen shot of my tweaked monitor and you try to view it on your untweaked monitor you will not notice anything different. I could take a screen shot and edit the colors to show the effect I'm speaking of but I get the feeling that would not be proof enough for you. A seven year old can make the adjustments I'm speaking of so I'll leave it up you.

Is there a location for the various GUI profiles? I'd like to delete some that I created.

Thx!

Ooops.. Sorry, wrong posting

Mission board and action shot:

Bonus Engineer and Outfitting screens:

Code:
<!--    Purple with Gold highlights
    "Royal" Contributed by CMDR Alex Traut

Friendlies: Green
    Hostiles: Magenta

Notes: Royal purple and magenta UI base with gold highlights. Paint jobs look whack in Outfitting, but portraits are near-perfect.
-->
<MatrixRed> 0.3, 0, 1 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0.25, 1, 0.25 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 1, 0, 0 </MatrixBlue>
Thanks for posting this CMDR, I tried this your Royal purple & magenta UI base with the Gold highlights out & enjoying it now :D
Bejoqjm.jpg

...& in when doing some engineering at Engineer Workshop:
5sFtosm.jpg

Thank you to CMDR Terry Bruge-Hiplo for making & mainting this thread! :)

Top Bottom