Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 6

These holo screens make no sense where they are right now in beta. They obscure the view on targets, I can't even target a ship on my right side in VR because I will open up the engineers window, making me lose control.

It needs either a toggle for the way the panels react when looked at, or at least a better positioning.

It is especially disruptive in the eagle, the SLF and the SRV.

I would love it if when I looked over where a panel usually pops up if a small button appeared with the option to click instead (and I don't have VR).

- Reduced loading time for galaxy map
- Fixed some stalls loading the system map

:eek:
The galaxy map has never been much of a problem for me, but this morning I opened the system map and it was lightening, when previously it was always glacial, sometimes geological.
I didn't have time to test it much this morning, but I may start opening it just for the fun of it.
Thank you!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Uh, it's had quite a bit of love as of Beta 5. It has 3x class 6 module bays, 3 x class 5 now, versus the original. Shield base has been increased 30-40% as has the hull. It's great now. Very very good value for the price. ~256 tons easily to destination no problem. :)

For a moment I thought frontier had finally gotten around to shaving ~1m off the top so it would fit on a medium pad, but I presume it's something else, the landing volume, presumably.

How's the power? That was always another major drawback of the T7. It it time to sell my Keelback and buy a bigger miner?

These holo screens make no sense where they are right now in beta. They obscure the view on targets, I can't even target a ship on my right side in VR because I will open up the engineers window, making me lose control.

It needs either a toggle for the way the panels react when looked at, or at least a better positioning.

It is especially disruptive in the eagle, the SLF and the SRV.

There should be an option for this somewhere in the Control settings...it's been there since at least 2.1. I don't have VR but I do use headlook extensively (even with just mouse & keyboard), so I turned off that stuff quite some time ago. 'Course, that means I also can only open up the UI panels via "Alt+W/A/S/D", but that's fine with me.

As already mentioned, Sandro discussed this on the Q&A and yes, there's a technical reason. It's a tad lame but basically I think it comes down to the fact that, because the UI currently presents stored modules in a long flat list, scrolling down a list of a 1000 modules would be impractical. Basically (and this applies to bookmarks and friends lists and group management and any potentially long lists of data), you need, at the very least, to implement some sort of folder structure (or better still a named/categorised/keyworded faceted search facility) if you're going to do this "properly". Since FD are too busy to do this "properly" at the moment (and hey, I understand what that's like) the quick solution is a flat list and a limit on the number of entries.

Well this is a lame explanation indeed.

How about just give me a space for 1000 modules and I'll decide what is more impractical. Scroll down a few pages in a list or manage a fleet of storage ships over two stations.

As already mentioned, Sandro discussed this on the Q&A and yes, there's a technical reason. It's a tad lame but basically I think it comes down to the fact that, because the UI currently presents stored modules in a long flat list, scrolling down a list of a 1000 modules would be impractical. Basically (and this applies to bookmarks and friends lists and group management and any potentially long lists of data), you need, at the very least, to implement some sort of folder structure (or better still a named/categorised/keyworded faceted search facility) if you're going to do this "properly". Since FD are too busy to do this "properly" at the moment (and hey, I understand what that's like) the quick solution is a flat list and a limit on the number of entries.

I have to admit I'm somewhat baffled by the concept of 'too busy' when I look at some of the other stuff being done in this update. I'd have thought delivery of core functionality which should have been included in 2.1 would have been the priority.

There's also the fact that at some point, presumably very early on, a design decision was taken about how to introduce module storage and that decision included 'don't use the pre-existing shop interface which already separates modules by type and includes filtering options, thereby alleviating the issue of a long list of random mods'.

Painting the Forth Bridge is a lengthy task, I think most people would accept that and not expect it to be completed inside a week. However if the painters decided to do something else first and then when they did start decided they were going to use toothbrushes to do it instead of more suitable equipment, I think it's reasonable to at least wonder why.

Don't know if this is already known but ... beta 7 confirmed!

Not much gets past you danteuk ;)

It's supposed to say X1.25 but will still function the same as that.

Cruise, if there are any VR issues please raise a bug report and I'll look into it.

It's still in Beta 6, but should be fixed by Beta 7.

I can't even upload any pics in this forum and I cannot even download the beta......I WANT MY MONEY back for the beta NOW!!!!!! This is at least for me...utterly pointless. The isn't working!!! Give me my money back NOW!!!! When I can't even upload a pick to describe it in the supposed forum no matter what the format of the screenshot, I draw the line, MONEY BACK NOW!!!!! I Can't even download it!

For God sake, shut up kid... where's the moderators? Oh my eyes...

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
There should be an option for this somewhere in the Control settings...it's been there since at least 2.1. I don't have VR but I do use headlook extensively (even with just mouse & keyboard), so I turned off that stuff quite some time ago. 'Course, that means I also can only open up the UI panels via "Alt+W/A/S/D", but that's fine with me.

Yes, I can deactivate it completely, and it will be my workaround if this change goes to live, but it's a step back in usability ... No gamebreaker for me, there are a lot of positive changes in 2.2, but a step back.

Incidentally, quick tip for VR users - if you're about to look around and don't want the side panels opening up, just keep your "UI Focus" button held down.

I've noticed some stations now list "tuning" under station facilities (when looking at local system map), but see no tuning options in station services at said stations. Any ideas anyone?

The time is in line with what 70% of the community (at least those that felt it important enough issue to vote on) voted for. The cost is what needed to be adjusted

Yeah I was one of the 30% i am sure most of the 70% regrets voting for timed transfer that is why they whine about the price.

I've noticed some stations now list "tuning" under station facilities (when looking at local system map), but see no tuning options in station services at said stations. Any ideas anyone?
The tuning options only work when you have a Luxury cabin installed, with a piano.

Does anyone know if mode switching has been fixed? Sandro said something about a refresh at the end of the last live stream. He also said it was going in beta (I think he did?).

Cheers,

Last edited:
I read in a thread in the main Elite discussion forum that the amount of mateirals/data you could store was reduced to 600 and that this was reported as a bug.

I have not had the time to participate in this beta so I would like to know if this has been increased back to 1,000 yet?

Yeah I was one of the 30% i am sure most of the 70% regrets voting for timed transfer that is why they whine about the price.

Actually, 70% of people voted for ship transfer costs to be lower.

30% of people voted for ship transfer costs to be higher. That was you, I believe! Shame on you! ;)

Here, see...

"Note there will always be a credit cost component to ship transfer, though it will likely be lower if there is also a delivery time component. "
- Sandro Sammarco, here.

Yes, it's true. Three in ten voters actually wanted ship transfer prices to be higher! Outrageous!

FD must have thought, "Well, we've gotta throw them a bone, seeing as they aren't getting the instant time thing. The least we can do is give them the other thing they wanted. Jack those transfer prices way up!".

I hope everyone who voted "higher cost" is happy now!

j/k

Last edited:
Hey Sandro or Zac, could you please consider giving us more incentives to wing up? let's have mission rewards being SHARED between wings, along with bounties and more.

Currently the game gives you zero incentive to wing up with others.

Let's hope that a lot of cooperation mechanics will come with 2.3 as it is supposed to enhance player interaction with each other...

Top Bottom