Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That fluid looks very similar to the whatever's inside the UP:

latest

I guess a little gloating is allowed. We should name them "The Ruins of Death" in your honour :D

Hah, was just thinking he should get the naming rights - assuming FD don't already have plans. Ruins of Death / Death Ruins would be good options. Sorry xdeath, but xdeath ruins / xdeathville just don't do it for me... :p

To my eyes it looks distinctly organic in the probe and the ruins aesthetic is drastically different to either the probe or the crashed alien ship. I'd be surprised if they were related beyond perhaps a shared 'energy' source. Perhaps there has been a previous crossover between human and alien tech and the ruins are a relic of that time. Same energy, different containment.

Last edited:
From the very first glance, the "fort" to me that it is similar to ...
... And I found that

MRzEkqY.jpg

zIf87ZZ.jpg

Gateway!!!

question:

what size of "Ships Generations"?

I'm going to take a minute to gush a bit.
These ruins look amazing. Maybe it's just because I found them, but I think this is way cooler than anything else Frontier has put in the game.
The Obelisks glowing as you approach them. The pillars bursting out of the ground. These feel way more "alive" than the barnacles.
It's just awesome man.

Totally agree with you. The site is totally creepy and has an ancient and alien feeling to it. The sounds are... man, just crazy. Just about crapped my pants when the ground started rumbling and the relic tower started to emerge! Hats off to FD for this

So the artefacts are not always ON the turquoise fluid/energy, sometimes just near. Which almost seems like someone has placed them there, this seems like it would explain why there are rocks there.

Someone/thing has literally placed a metallic object on the ground, and gathered some rocks to place round it?

uc

I mean perhaps these items have been placed near these spots to absorb whatever it is the turquoise stuff is giving off.

Last edited:
I'm just juxtaposing random      onto other random     . Felt like this sort of matched. Apparently the thargoids have something to do with the LMC too
0GFEzr8.png

I'm going to go on record and say that I agree that the trailer was not an ideal way of starting this mystery. If it wasn't me the did it, someone else would've eventually. I would give it a day tops. I'm curious to know what Frontier had originally planned.
If it ended up as some new discovery by Professor of Author-insert-controlling-the-narrative Palin. Where he gives the co-ordinates and system out after a CG to collect Soontill relics. Then I think we would be overall more disappointed than we are now. I would prefer subverting Frontiers intentions by dissecting a trailer to that any day. The "NPC" assistance is the most worst method for solving mysteries, just boils things down to CGs and Galnet articles.
Frontier needs to create puzzles and mysteries that are solved by the players. Triangulating positions based on star maps, analyzing audio, subjecting things to certain tests(UP scanning). I should point out that they are a company and can actually hire someone to do that, create puzzles for players to solve.

Yeah I absolutely agree. Using an NPC just to push us in the right direction is not the way to go about it either. If anything, maybe finding it through the trailer will help push Fdev to figure out a better way to present it to us.

Yeah I absolutely agree. Using an NPC just to push us in the right direction is not the way to go about it either. If anything, maybe finding it through the trailer will help push Fdev to figure out a better way to present it to us.

I'd suspect that without the NPC/Mission based seeding of information, there isn't too much else that they can use to drop breadcrumbs unless they have a change in a very populated section of the galaxy. Personally I think actually using the story lines to lead to this kind of thing is partially what is missing from the game. Unfortunately for FD you guys have effectively circumvented any opportunity to follow a set of clues provided by NPC.

I'd suspect that without the NPC/Mission based seeding of information, there isn't too much else that they can use to drop breadcrumbs unless they have a change in a very populated section of the galaxy. Personally I think actually using the story lines to lead to this kind of thing is partially what is missing from the game. Unfortunately for FD you guys have effectively circumvented any opportunity to follow a set of clues provided by NPC.

Providing NPC clues is fine. But providing a clue that is just a set of coordinates with some of the letters missing? That's not a clue. We need better breadcrumbs. We need a better multistage puzzle. But yes, what happened this time circumvented us from finding whatever puzzle may be there right now. I really actually hope it is still there and stays in game. I'd like to see the way they had planned for us. Maybe it will still lead us to other ruins anyway?

We know the mechanic of approach to trigger. What about approach while carrying certain relics. In a certain order. Maybe alpha, beta and so on... just thinking out loud.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

A bit like the relic mechanic in Destiny this settlement is the puzzle we have to unlock with the keys they keep spawning

Providing NPC clues is fine. But providing a clue that is just a set of coordinates with some of the letters missing? That's not a clue. We need better breadcrumbs. We need a better multistage puzzle. But yes, what happened this time circumvented us from finding whatever puzzle may be there right now. I really actually hope it is still there and stays in game. I'd like to see the way they had planned for us. Maybe it will still lead us to other ruins anyway?

Yeah it's that risk of jumping to the end - I heard a wonderful analogy the other day "We listen to music, not to hear the end, but to hear everything from start to finish and everything inbetween". Who knows what we missed in circumventing the 'bits inbetween', sometimes context is king.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom