Multicrew trolling - it works!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How do you decide who needs banning? On what basis/premise? After one report? Two? Is this a manual process handled by FD?

Far better to - in this case - give CMDRs the ability to better control their ship and dictate what they wish crew member to have control over. And in the case of general griefing in the game (and I call mindless destruction for the lolz that - it's my term), far better if a Crime and Punishment system in the game logically diswades individuals from toxic behaviour IMHO - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Reputation-quot-and-quot-Risk-Hot-Spots-quot

Within the context of the game, what being responsible for your own actions means to me:

1) I open my ship to allow strangers onboard (perfectly acceptable as this has been the stated aim for multicrew from day one).
2) I set my ship's equipment so that strangers cannot use want I don't want them to use.
3) I can then no longer use that equipment myself in a convenient manner (a catch 22 situation then, that has no gameplay benefits).

This is great in principle, but there is a missing step - and that is the needed fine granularity for ship equipment control. Giving a player additional permissions control over their ship does not restrict the game in any way, in fact it actually opens it up by providing more options. If I can set which utilities my crew members can and cannot use (without also restricting my own access to them), and if I can also assign which type of targets my crew can attack i.e. WANTED, Hostile, Anyone. Then I am able to be responsible for my own action of opening up my ship to strangers.

An improved Crime and Punishment system then ensures that "rouge" players also need to be responsible for their own actions, because if they act in an unreasonable manner there will be consequences.

Within the context of the game, in order to be responsible for ones actions, one also needs the ability to control a situation. Within the context of the game there also needs to be consequences for those who are irresponsible (i.e. cause harm to others), otherwise responsibility is completely meaningless.

Last edited:
Hello Commanders!

I just thought I'd drop my own two cents in here.

The concept of Multi-crew, at its core, is about cooperation, and trust. If folk are going to troll each other, there's a limit to how much protection we can (or should) put in place.

One of gunner's abilities is to be able to fire countermeasures. Gunner can be effective at this, poor at this, or deliberately bad. Anyone who would want to go down the last track is, in my opinion, someone I would not want to Multi-crew with, or wing with.

To some degree, folk have to take responsibility for their own actions. There's no mechanical upside to this unpleasant behaviour, so I see this as different from say, crime, because the game actively encourages criminal behaviour; when folk complain that the justice system is not fair enough, we say "OK", how can we address the balance and make it fairer.

Firing shield cells repeatedly for no good reason is just an unpleasant thing to do. And I'm fairly certain it is more likely to be detrimental to the community than helpful.
Why aren't there any repercussions for players doing bad things? As long as gankers, griefers and exploit users to not get punished for their behaviour, I have absolutely no problem to combat log on them. But then I am most likely the one who gets in trouble. Weird, isn't it?

Why aren't there any repercussions for players doing bad things? As long as gankers, griefers and exploit users to not get punished for their behaviour, I have absolutely no problem to combat log on them. But then I am most likely the one who gets in trouble. Weird, isn't it?

Kinda funny how the victims get blamed and punished...(being facetious, nothing funny about that at all). By the forum's own logic, and even murder victims have only themselves to blame.

Then again, who lets strangers aboard their ship leave alone operate functions that could be used in this way?

Answer----pilots that have yet to immerse themselves deep enough to care who does what to the ship they have barely connected with anyways.

If FD reduces easy access due to this --they truly have no clue.

Most people don't bother with a firegroup because there are hotkeys. Kinda redundant. And if you already have more than 1 firegroup anyways, this just makes things weirder when you go to switch.

I have the firegroups of my ships memorized. Switching is nearly automatic. Adding this just to deal with multicrew would mess that up. Easier for me to just not bother with multicrew in the first place.

Not to mention that the firegroup thing is not inherently obvious. A permission flag (simply a boolean value) makes things much more clear. Clarity of communication is important.

Ok, but it has been said that the only workaround is to disable the modules, which is false. I set up a firegroup with utilities, no problem with that, I can adapt to a new situation. I know that change scares a lot of people, but it's ok. If you just want to be nitpicky on everything, go on I could not care less.

Last edited:
Within the context of the game, what being responsible for your own actions means to me:

1) I open my ship to allow strangers onboard (perfectly acceptable as this has been the stated aim for multicrew from day one).
2) I set my ship's equipment so that strangers cannot use want I don't want them to use.
3) I can then no longer use that equipment myself in a convenient manner (a catch 22 situation then, that has no gameplay benefits).

This is great in principle, but there is a missing step - and that is the needed fine granularity for ship equipment control. Giving a player additional permissions control over their ship does not restrict the game in any way, in fact it actually opens it up by providing more options. If I can set which utilities my crew members can and cannot use (without also restricting my own access to them), and if I can also assign which type of targets my crew can attack i.e. WANTED, Hostile, Anyone. Then I am able to be responsible for my own action of opening up my ship to strangers.

An improved Crime and Punishment system then ensures that "rouge" players also need to be responsible for their own actions, because if they act in an unreasonable manner there will be consequences.

Within the context of the game, in order to be responsible for ones actions, one also needs the ability to control a situation. Within the context of the game there also needs to be consequences for those who are irresponsible (i.e. cause harm to others), otherwise responsibility is completely meaningless.

This /\ is the Elven arrow hitting the bullseye.

Spot on. Dogs will be Dogs until they are leashed. If you let your dog off the leash and they bite a bloke that's on you. But as it stands we are not even equipped with leashes to stop this behavior at all. (Other than putting them down with a kick and block but who wants to do that?) To quote the dog whisperer "You drive the dogs behavior. The dog does not drive yours." I should not fear my dogs I should not fear my crew either. But if I do have a behavioral problem with one I should have the tools to deal with it. Muzzle, (hard points deployment locked to helm) leash, (shots locked to designated approved targets) shock collar (a reputation system to report to)...and only then should I be forced to put the dog down.

Greetings my lovely forum members.
First of all i want to say thank you to all my supporters.
I don't get why people always bring real life components into the discussion?
Does it help in any way? No. :)
Because we play video games, if you want to act 1:1 like in real life, feel free but PLEASE dont expect nor judge others which play different... doing things we usually not do.

And please stop bashing the developers.
All the hate is not fair and not right.

Continued my experimental crew joining with multiple accounts.
Funny thing was, one recognized me as forum celebrity - nothing to sabotage here - lol.
Anyway, my experience were different this time.
A few CMDRs kicked my right away, some immedately disabled modules, some had no idea whats going on, some and the majority doesnt even had SCB or HS equipped.
Those with a fighter bay were the next object of my criminal testing, i might upload a video.

Thanks Sandro for you response. Now you guys got some homework to do.
And the game is still great! Ignore the hate.

Fly safe O7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom