Patch Notes Update Update 2.3.01

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Tiny_Rick

Banned
How much you weigh? :p :D

906bcfa5e4fac4c16d98dcfbb5f877f6af54a8bd6a4570298b81e649b12639ff.jpg

Would you prefer I self-segregate myself from the event as a sign of solidarity?
I am happy to NOT take part if it makes you feel better

/sigh I'm repeating myself way too much.

I don't want MORE people to miss out.

I would prefer that the event be moved out. Just like most people preferred it be moved out but Drew decided to go forward with it anyway.

But mostly, I want PC-master-race guys to shut it, because this is FD screwing the xbox players, not MS.

And I want the moderators and FD to recognize that and attack those PC people.. Don't attack the Xbox community for being a victim of FD's designs.

Last edited:
Like seeing a movie, that I'd hoped to enjoy, be a sore disappointment with obvious failures in acting and direction doesn't move me to be "very upset". Rather, I am bummed I spent money on a loser and then maybe laugh about how bad it was.

Which reminds me, next time I see M. Knight SHAMALAMALAN, imma punch him in the mouf and take my 7 bucks back for making me sit thru "The Village"

/s added for dullards...lol

Last edited:
And I want the moderators and FD to recognize that and attack those PC people.. Don't attack the Xbox community for being a victim of FD's designs.
Very constructive! :rolleyes:

Instead of incessant whining, couldn't you have contacted Drew Wagar and/or FDEV Community Team & proposed postponing the event on the grounds that XBOX1 players cannot attend?

I would prefer that the event be moved out. Just like most people preferred it be moved out but Drew decided to go forward with it anyway.

It's tricky to move events when you've been advertising a date (what if people show up and never got that change message?) but pretty sure FD won't sitting on their hands .. Probably even keener than you are even to get game breaker bugs fixed, because their lives (livelihoods) really DO depend on it <WW buys a paintjob>.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't a downgrade .. because now you can be an avatar on someone else's <moving> space ship (!) and these thing have to be managed. As it happens 2.3 hammered my performance too but 2.3.01, and it's back again good as new. Keep reporting the bugs but enhance your calm John Spartan, you'll live longer without giving yourself an embelism or summut.

And this is fairly typical of the low-level abuse that's tolerated to those who simply post about the problems they are having. Assuming everyone who does so is some frothing raving madman about to keel over!

I am calm. I can calmly state that 2.3 downgraded the star graphics, the networking performance and my conda's bridge, oh and also changed the colours of the laser colour I paid for....

Not one of these things has been fixed. I still see ugly initial textures. I still got 2 disconnects last night and a few failed to load mission boards (pre 2.3 post 2.203 I didn't get any) my conda still looks like my 5 year old coloured it in crayon and my laser colour still isn't what I paid for.

Am I raving about that? No. I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed the devs didn't learn from last year, that they don't seem to be improving either in terms of working delivery, or in terms of customer communications, I'm disappointed they didn't fix this stuff already when it's been known about for 2 months and I'm disappointed they said they were fixing something and then didn't.

Personally I'd be happy if they canned all 2.4 content and fixed even 25% of all currently reported outstanding bugs, and yes I know the people working on new content aren't the same as the bug squashers, but we all know that 2.4 will come, with new content, and all the bugs introduced with 2.3 still won't have been fixed, but we'll get a load of new ones, the game will be unplayable for a few weeks for some, and we'll all be here again discussion the same things, only a few people who are now saying "chill" will be stating "it's not good enough" because they finally had enough of being given a mass of bugs on a plate and told it's a rib-eye stake and be grateful!

The entire world isn't obligated to feel the same way you do about this.

But FD is obligated to fix what they've broke, just like your butcher is obligated to replace your meat.

Same goes for you.

You just equalized food with entertainment.

The entire world isn't (rather, can't be) obligated to feel the same you do about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Which reminds me, next time I see M. Knight SHAMALAMALAN, imma punch him in the mouf and take my 7 bucks back for making me sit thru "The Village"

/s added for dullards...lol

Oh, yeah. That was bad. Like...really bad. I almost broke the disc in half but I didn't want to get a late fee from Blockbuster :D

Same goes for you.

You just equalized food with entertainment.

The entire world isn't (rather, can't be) obligated to feel the same you do about this.

Nope, they don't.

But that doesn't let FD off the hook. Their part in this is still the same.

Nope, they don't.

But that doesn't let FD off the hook. Their part in this is still the same.

I don't think anyone should let "FD off the hook"

Though the response needs to make sense.

FD had a bugged release that has created a critical issue for a large segment of players.

They need to fix it ASAP. I have no doubt they are trying to do so within whatever confines MS or their QA Devs has for their timeline. I think any suggestion that FDev doesn't care about Xbox players is pure assumption.

The event, I think, would do well to be moved back in a perfect scenario but that is limited by Drew and his situation, whatever it is.

Now, if it all came to light that FDev was letting this Xbox issue rest on the backburner, then yeah, raise hell. However, at this point, it is all seeming like complaining for complaining's sake. FDev are doing the best they can as they have said multiple times. What do you want them to do, really?

- - - Updated - - -

The CMDR doth protest too much, as I have never returned meat. Ever.

I mean, I read somewhere that you could remove the corrupted sections...but I'm not going to subject my family to even the thought of rotten meat being nearby as we like to eat our meat while it is still bloody.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? FD have released a patch to resolve some problems relating to one of the platforms the game runs on.

Explain how they have done what you claim ie: "purposefully patch the game in such a way that they can't play anymore."

I'm talking about 2.3, not 2.3.01. Frontier went live with 2.3 knowing that the galaxy map/resolution bug would prevent many players from being able to play at all. That conscious decision is what I was talking about.

10-4 Cmdr.
Enough said.
Message received and understood.

Following your bug report .. here is the only solution I can give you -->

o7

Yup I reported it on the bug report thread about the issue still not working within about 10 mins of the patch going live lol....they had already unstickey it thinking it was fixed....ooops, lots of other people saying the same thing "it still is bad but it loads in quicker"

At a certain point I'm sure enough people will take a break till the next patch so that people who don't have an issue/accept bugs can happily post on the forums knowing they won't see a post about bugs that triggers them to comment and comment and comment till people give up and take a break from the game rather than just ignoring the thread....because apparently all the people having such a good time in game have all the time in the world to bash those having issues on the forums...funny that ;)

I'm talking about 2.3, not 2.3.01. Frontier went live with 2.3 knowing that the galaxy map/resolution bug would prevent many players from being able to play at all. That conscious decision is what I was talking about.

Aye. I do wish 2.3 cooked in the oven a bit longer so these bugs could have been ironed out...but that is the past now.

I'd be willing to speculate that some in the office wanted to delay while others would have said there have already been enough delays in Season 2, push it. No simple battle, I'm sure, though I think it is clear which argument won out in the end.

Aye. I do wish 2.3 cooked in the oven a bit longer so these bugs could have been ironed out...but that is the past now.

I'd be willing to speculate that some in the office wanted to delay while others would have said there have already been enough delays in Season 2, push it. No simple battle, I'm sure, though I think it is clear which argument won out in the end.

Yeah and what would of happened if they waited a week or two for a more stable release?

"Why didn't you release 2.3 in time for the Easter holidays? I had four days off and NOTHING to do all weekend!!!! I waited 6 months for this. You suck Frontier !!!!!!!"

I don't think anyone should let "FD off the hook"

Though the response needs to make sense.

FD had a bugged release that has created a critical issue for a large segment of players.

That's what I'm sayin to you!

They need to fix it ASAP. I have no doubt they are trying to do so within whatever confines MS or their QA Devs has for their timeline. I think any suggestion that FDev doesn't care about Xbox players is pure assumption.

Not once have I speculated on this. I'm critical of their response as well as the PC players here who claim we're just "whining" and I'm critical of the moderation staff that perpetuates those attitudes.. but I don't doubt that this was an unintended outcome. FD didn't WANT the glitch to be there. I'm sure of that.

The event, I think, would do well to be moved back in a perfect scenario but that is limited by Drew and his situation, whatever it is.

Now, if it all came to light that FDev was letting this Xbox issue rest on the backburner, then yeah, raise hell. However, at this point, it is all seeming like complaining for complaining's sake. FDev are doing the best they can as they have said multiple times. What do you want them to do, really?

I want them to admit their mistake and jump on the PC people here who keep calling xbox players "whiners" and pulling the "PC-master-race" . That stuff shouldn't be tolerated, but instead we have the moderators piling on too.

How would MS feel if they found out that FD was treating Xbox players like second rate citizens to get them off of the Xbox platform?

I mean, I read somewhere that you could remove the corrupted sections...but I'm not going to subject my family to even the thought of rotten meat being nearby as we like to eat our meat while it is still bloody.

uhm, yeah.. don't do that. That would be bad.

Yeah and what would of happened if they waited a week or two for a more stable release?

"Why didn't you release 2.3 in time for the Easter holidays? I had four days off and NOTHING to do all weekend!!!! I waited 6 months for this. You suck Frontier !!!!!!!"

Some sort of shouting happens either way.

I'd rather the way with a more stable release. That's all.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom