Patch Notes Update Update 2.3.01

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Let's spare a moment to think of all the PS4 players who FD have completely excluded by not providing them a flux capacitor. :p :D

Here in the states, we have fine dining establishments so crazy that rotten meat is actually a thing, they just slap a city name on it like "Kansas City Dry Aged" and all of a sudden, it's justified.

I'm from KC...I know my meats. It is a rare occurrence but some grocers will repackage old meat.

I wouldn't call aged meat the same as rotten...well, it is, but it is rotted with only the best of intentions and specially selected fungus. Like cheese, I suppose.

They also remove the "ruined" parts before cooking/packaging.

Last edited:

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
That's off-topic.

Where's a moderator when you need one? OH, WAIT-

You called?

Moderators are not required to keep their opinions to themselves just because of their function. Recently we have even gained the ability to distinguish our posts and official posts show the blue moderator flair and the ' Volunteer moderator' text under the avatar. If you think a post contravenes the forum rules, then report it.

Don't start a witch hunt just because you don't like a post made by forum user who happens to be a moderator.

Hope that clears things up for you.

You called?

Moderators are not required to keep their opinions to themselves just because of their function. Recently we have even gained the ability to distinguish our posts and official posts show the blue moderator flair and the ' Volunteer moderator' text under the avatar. If you think a post contravenes the forum rules, then report it.

Don't start a witch hunt just because you don't like a post made by forum user who happens to be a moderator.

This created an image in my mind of a Moderator button placed underneath your wrist.

Then with a catchphrase like "It's bannin' time!" and a dramatic 'slap of the wrist', moderator mode is activated. Eyes turn laser beam red and steam jets start puffing out along the spine.

Anyway...

Last edited:
I actually remember games being released with no significant bugs, which everyone was able to play from day one without a patch, without a problem. There were companies "back in the day" renowned for not shipping anything that had bugs in it. Some companies built their entire reputation on the quality of their releases.

Sadly those days are long gone.

Mostly because of the amount of gamers who'll accept a load of horse dung and shout at anyone who insists it's not the best meal they ever had!

'No significant bugs'
Yes a long time ago when games where in the kilobytes and that included graphics assets you could release a game with no significant bugs. Even in the age of a game fitting onto a floppy games where released with only minor bugs but how many disks worth of data does ED account for, lets say 6000 amiga/ST/PC releases of that era. I don't think that you could cobble together that many games that have no bugs.
If those days where still here HD's would be a dream SSD'd wouldn't even be on tomorrow's world.

Times have changed i no longer rotate a wheel to make a phone call waiting for it to reset before i send the next number. Things are more complex and as we now get games that evolve over time which is not something we used to get we own an evolving product. which if you had told me about in the 80's i would have thought it was better than science fiction. Comparing a bug free game like Manic Miner to ED is unfair, even the succesor to MM, Jet Set Willy was released with bugs. So some gamer's want to live in an age where everything is perfect and no games need patches, I fear these are the luddites of the modern age. Screaming and raving about how modern games work and evolve past launch and how things where better before when you bought Altered Beast or Megatraveller I/II that was it. Nothing really changed.

I would love to have a game released with no bugs and working on release day, but I'm a realist, So many factors involved just on one platform. As long as a game is evolving and improving I can and will accept glitches as long as I see the developer continuing to work on problems.

When I've found a bug in ED and gone looking on the forum, i've found it there already logged and last time it had a message that the fix would be applied in the next patch. Which I thought was pretty cool. We can have massively complex games like ED warts and all or anyone fancy Rainbow Island? (dargh not a good example it had bugs but still a cool game!)

ERMAHGERD....this thread is driving me to drink.... :p

If you weren't drunk when you came in here, that was your first mistake.

I actually want to thank you for your light bit of pruning, it's what this thread's been missing for 60 some pages.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
This created an image in my mind of a Moderator button placed underneath your wrist.

Then with a catchphrase like "It bannin' time!" and a dramatic 'slap of the wrist', moderator mode is activated. Eyes turn laser beam red and steam jets start puffing out along the spine.

Anyway...

I see you know T.j.......

You called?

Their moderator title also doesn't mean that supporting the PC-master-race people and making similar comments themselves excuses them from scrutiny.

Their moderator title also doesn't mean that supporting the PC-master-race people and making similar comments themselves excuses them from scrutiny.

I think the mods have said enough that PC v Xbox mumbo jumbo needs to stop. That applies to both sides, should that not be enough?

In any event, I think you've called them out...what more is needed?

I think the mods have said enough that PC v Xbox mumbo jumbo needs to stop. That applies to both sides, should that not be enough?

In any event, I think you've called them out...what more is needed?

63pages of moderation, deleting all the "Well it's MS's fault and your fault for buying an MS product"

Cause we've established that MS didn't make this bug or set these event dates.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
63pages of moderation, deleting all the "Well it's MS's fault and your fault for buying an MS product"

We don't mod away opinions, only rule violations and deliberate trolling or off-topic replies. If something needs attention, report it. That's all that's needed.

As Ian said earlier, mods can have their own opinions too. Once we decide to take an active part in a discussion its expected that we step back from moderating that discussion.

Last edited:
Really CBA going threw all the crxp on this this thread so am i to understand that Xbox players who can log on threw temp fix and Xbox players who can't log in have to wait till early may for us to get in game or make game somewhat playable even with event on 29th

If this is correct what you actually done was spoon fed us a story had us searching for months if not year or so for us not being able to finish it

Is this correct or am i misreading the situation

Thanks cmdrs

No they didn't set this date, neither did FD. A group of fans did, I know because I am in that group.
We even considered pushing it back but as FD worked so hard to correct the issues we kept the same date.

For the record I play on both PC/XB1 and I am thrilled about the PS4 support.
I am, always was and always will be supportive of the game on all platforms.

Last edited:
Really CBA going threw all the crxp on this this thread so am i to understand that Xbox players who can log on threw temp fix and Xbox players who can't log in have to wait till early may for us to get in game or make game somewhat playable even with event on 29th

If this is correct what you actually done was spoon fed us a story had us searching for months if not year or so for us not being able to finish it

Thanks cmdrs

Unfortunately, the event's organizer (not Frontier) has chosen to move forward with the event despite the possibility that a population of Xbox CMDRs will not be able to participate.

It might still be possible that Frontier will have a fix pushed out to Xbox prior to the event but they are being quiet about it so as to not get any hopes up.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator

Thanks cmdrs

You are misreading the situation.

Unfortunately, the event's organizer (not Frontier) has chosen to move forward with the event despite the possibility that a population of Xbox CMDRs will not be able to participate.

It might still be possible that Frontier will have a fix pushed out to Xbox prior to the event but they are being quiet about it so as to not get any hopes up.

Thanks monk

Really gutted about that worked on story all way threw game so really hoping they have fix i enjoy ED alot but if there's no fix an no event for me after all the work in game don't think I'll be logging in again had that crxp with massive an the division don't get wrong won't be moving to another game nothing half as good as ED so gonna have to start watching TV again :/ ohh well

Thanks for reply dude have some rep on me

- - - Updated - - -

You are misreading the situation.

Any chance you can expand on this

If not i understand

Thanks monk

Really gutted about that worked on story all way threw game so really hoping they have fix i enjoy ED alot but if there's no fix an no event for me after all the work in game don't think I'll be logging in again had that crxp with massive an the division don't get wrong won't be moving to another game nothing half as good as ED so gonna have to start watching TV again :/ ohh well

Thanks for reply dude have some rep on me

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance you can expand on this

If not i understand

Yeah, it is a crap situation. I'd ask you don't give up on the game, keep track of the event here and, I assume, on livestreams and get back into the thick of it when they do eventually fix this issue.

There is enough blame to go around but don't let it get you too down if you love the game.

No they didn't set this date, neither did FD. A group of fans did, I know because I am in that group.
We even considered pushing it back but as FD worked so hard to correct the issues we kept the same date.

The date should be moved.

For the record I play on both PC/XB1 and I am thrilled about the PS4 support.
I am, always was and always will be supportive of the game on all platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom