Isinona is back

I found the vid entertaining and I usually get bored after a minute but I watched it 30 min :)
Impressed to se the FA skills.

It's always fun to watch next level FA Off flying. It's just that I fly with and fight against pilot's who can not only fly every bit as good as Isinona FA Off, but also are masters of fixed weapons and tactical combat in any situation the game engine can support. My point was only "What did Isinona accomplish that was so noteworthy beyond failing a station kill and getting his ticket punched in SC?"

Also, I suspect the whole D rated Viper thing is just a shield so everyone can defend him on that basis. If somebody wants to impress me with one of his videos, show me the one where he either has a stand-up duel with a single person featured in this particular video, or at least one where he attempts his station gank in a ship that would hurt to lose.

Not everyone can be the gifted, miraculous super skilled combat expert of a pilot that you are Jason. Have some empathy for us mere mortals. I'm very certain you would have killed all of those super engineered SDC pilots in your D rated Viper. Even Harry would have ran away if it had been you in that seat instead of Isinona. I'll bet you could have taken out the station itself if you really wanted to!

Really admire that FAOFF control in the dock, and the spin recovery was unreal. Also really admire those pilots that manage to do so much in ships like a Viper 3. Inspires me to ditch my brains optional ships like the Corvette and git gud.

Anyone into this guy who hasn't heard of Cilit Bang should check him out too. Great Viper 3 pilot.

Not everyone can be the gifted, miraculous super skilled combat expert of a pilot that you are Jason. Have some empathy for us mere mortals. I'm very certain you would have killed all of those super engineered SDC pilots in your D rated Viper. Even Harry would have ran away if it had been you in that seat instead of Isinona. I'll bet you could have taken out the station itself if you really wanted to!

I'm glad that's settled:)

I enjoy Isinona's vid as they have a good vibe to them and he tries to spin a story out of them.

Yes I'll admit he was one of the pilots that really got me thinking properly about FA-off and now I'm 99.999% FA-off even using K+M.

However the amount of worship is a bit scary. He is an excellent pilot and has he fair share of pvp experience but this doesn't mean is all powerful etc.

And there is no such thing as a fair fight so all the claims about demolishing people in a fair fight are pretty futile to argue with TBH.

Nice flying Isinona and I hope you keep posting as they are very entertaining. o7

Well, I watched the first half the video where he wasn't successful at pulling off a station kill with his cheapo little Viper. I'm guess I'm just harder to impress than all you members of the official Isinona fan club, because I found it kind of underwhelming. Bring me a video of him going mano e mano with any one of the other pilot's featured in the first part of that vid, then maybe. That being defined as a fight, as opposed to trying to annoy one of them into firing at him whilst Wanted.

The stuff I like is the train of thought in the subtitles.

You say it's underwhelming, and I can see he's slow to change pips for example - but I am also wondering if targeting subsystems is no longer a thing?
I'm a pretty lousy combat pilot, but I still instinctively go six clicks Prev Sub to target their PowerPlant and swap that to FSD or thrusters is the situation calls for it.

Someone else was noting that Isonna didn't return comms, and I just want to note - how hard it is to type and fly.

I miss these videos :) . I have fond memories of watching Isinona's FA OFF tutorial (over and over) in between sessions trying to figure it all out.

As to why Isinona has a following... well, he blazed the trail. Also, his videos bring a sense of wonder and entertainment to the mix that most boilerplate PvP videos lack. So, yeah, now we have plenty of people who can do FA OFF full time like two years after the game has come out. Congratulations to them all (as I'm one of them). But that's not the same as blazing the trail other people follow.

And, not to name names or anything, but I've seen some of those videos of "elite" FA OFF pilots and they are frankly mediocre at best. Using boost solely to change vector and flying in more or less straight lines are dead giveaways.

Edit: And since I hate to leave things on a negative note, here's Pipko's channel, who is a great FA OFF pilot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sharkilol/videos

Last edited:
now I'm 99.999% FA-off even using K+M.

i'm curious about that 0.001% ... :D

However the amount of worship is a bit scary.

not scary, it's normal, people needs heroes. have you ever been out with some football fans? or in a pop star concert? hell, a good chunk of our economy runs on that principle.

isinona is however quite a character, he has a very unique combination of skill, rich and imaginative playstyle and original storytelling through direct in-game action with a subtle touch of humor. it's not only how he flies but how he reacts to the environment and the mess he sometimes gets himself in, he really manages to draw the spectator into his story. even if it was staged (i dunno, doesn't seem like, it really looks like genuine footage with possibly just a bit of polish) it's always a hell of a ride.

is he the best? no idea. who cares? his outstanding flying skill should be clear for anybody who has played the game at least once. doesn't matter at all and appreciating his videos just for the skill is missing most of the fun. i do enjoy his videos a lot, he's definitely one of my favorites, dunno if that qualifies me as a worshiper. i don't think so.

Last edited:
Thanks for the entertainment Isinona. Ever thought about getting another account and be a bad guy pirate :)

i'm curious about that 0.001% ... :D

not scary, it's normal, people needs heroes. have you ever been out with some football fans? or in a pop star concert? hell, a good chunk of our economy runs on that principle.

isinona is however quite a character, he has a very unique combination of skill, rich and imaginative playstyle and original storytelling through direct in-game action with a subtle touch of humor. it's not only how he flies but how he reacts to the environment and the mess he sometimes gets himself in, he really manages to draw the spectator into his story. even if it was staged (i dunno, doesn't seem like, it really looks like genuine footage with possibly just a bit of polish) it's always a hell of a ride.

is he the best? no idea. who cares? his outstanding flying skill should be clear for anybody who has played the game at least once. doesn't matter at all and appreciating his videos just for the skill is missing most of the fun. i do enjoy his videos a lot, he's definitely one of my favorites, dunno if that qualifies me as a worshiper. i don't think so.

The last 0.001% is usually when I just want to sit in space and not move. I'll flick FA-on. Throttle to 0 and then flick FA-off once I'm stationary. Thats pretty much what I use FA-on for now.

Yeah I know it's 'normal' for that kind of hero worship. I guess I'm one of those people who just appreciates skill and talent for what it is and not make them to be something they may not be.

I hope he keeps posting as I will keep watching them :)

His videos were the first video of Elite I've watched on YT even prior to game release. His silent running videos are still some of the best ED material available. He is very entertaining, excellent Youtuber, great FAOFF pilot (even though his 100% FAOFF usage sometimes works against him). He does not fly regularly anymore though, so his combat flying is a bit rusty + he is obviously not following the meta and flying in sub-par builds. With the disparity of engineered vs non-engineered being huge and with a lot of PvPers playing daily, there certainly are better PvP pilots out there, however there is none that makes videos that are more fun to watch (and he also has lots of fun doing it). The fact he exclusively roleplays in his videos is what makes them even better.

In addition, there is one particular difference I like to point out. Isinona comes out as a gentleman in all of his engagements. He shows proper respect, class and attitude that is in stark contrast to dank meme crap-talking that Elite top-tier PvP community has turned into. People feel that and that's one of the reasons he is liked. If you take a look at the public places (GCI, GGS Discord etc) that those regulars hang out in, it's really hard to get involved even though they advertise it as place to go to learn more about PvP, builds etc. While there IS a lot to learn there and the leaders do a lot of good quality guides, most people won't bother and will bash on the PvPers. Why? If you don't care for cringefest GIFs, namecalling, insults or dare to type more than a sentence with proper (?) grammar, you really have nothing to do there and no one to hang out with. You will get called carebear if you try to say anything that they don't like... There are exceptions of course (you know who you are), but most of the time it's a straight train to name-calling conformism. In essence, making those places just as toxic and closed-minded environment as they claim this forum and reddit are.

That's why there should be more classy folks doing PvP and videos, no matter if they are bad or good. :)

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I have lived at my home for the vast majority of my few decades of existence.

I must meta as F.*** !! FEAR ME!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom