Isinona is back

Some very inspirational flying there. I've dabbled with FA-off but not to any great extent. I think I may devote some proper time to it since it looks like it's great fun once you've mastered it.

I forsee a few burner Sideys in my future.

Also, as a play style I quite like how he never uses the insurance rebuy - if he loses a ship he has to pay full price to replace it. Makes you start to actually put some value on what you're flying rather than treating it as essentially zero risk.

I really like his videos. He manages to give context and interest to things the game gives as standard. Also makes combat interesting, something most don't imo. So much so that he's inspired me to build a combat ship and give it a go. 780 hours in and I'm only 'mostly harmless'!

This guy could charge for flying lessons. I've seen his low level planet surface flying video, i was like wow!
Amazing flying skills.

I really like his videos. He manages to give context and interest to things the game gives as standard. Also makes combat interesting, something most don't imo. So much so that he's inspired me to build a combat ship and give it a go. 780 hours in and I'm only 'mostly harmless'!

What I like is that he's obviously not a combat jock, but he makes up for that by being a damn good pilot.

Achilles7

Banned
My current home is a house, though I rented for a decade, and those rentals weren't always houses.

I used to have a dog called Whisky!

Sorry, I thought we were exchanging info absolutely no-one gives a monkey's about...my mistake.

NB - I think Cmdr Biscuit missed your pedantic point :D

Well I enjoyed it. Nothing to do with skill level, he takes footage of everyday situations (station ganking at a CG, and trying to get a bounty to hand in while it is hor), and weaves it together to make an interesting short video.

I like the difference self imposed Iron Man mode nade to his decision making in this one, no way I would have got out of the station alive in a D rated Viper! I am not entirely sure where he ranks on the laddrer of PvP combat, not really fussed if he uses FA-on or FA-off, I like a good ED video, and Isimona always delivers the good, showingt e game off, good editting and simple use of subtitles. I think with the current video competition we have great videos in many different styles (although the music promo style appears popular this year), so are quite lucky.

Simon

Finally had the time to watch the full video.

Simply put Isinona flew bloody well near the station to avoid what was old fashioned station camping. Have been involved in station camping before (on both side of the coin) he did well to avoid getting popped there by the SDC crew. Thats says something about his flying and tactical awareness.

There was no way he could have won a fight there without the station guns to assist, that is just good tactics to try and get them on his side and the guys whining, yes they were whining, about it were effectively utilising the same but opposite mechanics to get their ram kills.

Finally getting him and killing him was a nice catch but lets be honest here it was a straight up gank with overwhelming force.

I'm not having a go at anyone involved but lets not try and make it any more that what is was. All this crap about duels and stuff aside it did make for an interesting and entertaining video :)

Reminds me so much of EVE at times! (some of the good parts that is)

Last edited:
If you take a look at the public places (GCI, GGS Discord etc) that those regulars hang out in, it's really hard to get involved even though they advertise it as place to go to learn more about PvP, builds etc. While there IS a lot to learn there and the leaders do a lot of good quality guides, most people won't bother and will bash on the PvPers. Why? If you don't care for cringefest GIFs, namecalling, insults or dare to type more than a sentence with proper (?) grammar, you really have nothing to do there and no one to hang out with. You will get called carebear if you try to say anything that they don't like... There are exceptions of course (you know who you are), but most of the time it's a straight train to name-calling conformism. In essence, making those places just as toxic and closed-minded environment as they claim this forum and reddit are.

Can't speak other "public places", but I joined the GCI Discord 4 or 5 days ago and this is absolutely not true in my experience there. Granted, it is not a prim and proper tea party, but everyone there has been friendly and welcoming. Sure, the general channel has normal internet joking and what not.

If you don't want to "hang out" stay in the ship and flying help channel and everything I have seen in there is straight up information and help.

And if you are an especially delicate flower, definately stay out of the badlands channel.

Can't speak other "public places", but I joined the GCI Discord 4 or 5 days ago and this is absolutely not true in my experience there. Granted, it is not a prim and proper tea party, but everyone there has been friendly and welcoming. Sure, the general channel has normal internet joking and what not.

If you don't want to "hang out" stay in the ship and flying help channel and everything I have seen in there is straight up information and help.

And if you are an especially delicate flower, definately stay out of the badlands channel.

Well if you want to be that specific, yes that channel on GCI in particular is indeed very helpful. As I have stated, there's plethora of really good and helpful info there, that's just a fact.

However that's not the correct picture of the whole PvP sub-community there, is it... getting involved in there actively means frequenting other channels other than hermetic, /s marked and anti-troll enforced channels as that. :) I don't have anything against GCI and really think it's a solid place to learn how to PvP if you want to get good at it. Although being there for 4-5 days only is also kind of a short time span to get it all in (in particular if you spend time only in the hermetics as above, which is perfectly viable). If you choose to spend any time in more general-oriented channels and discussions (not limited to GCI mind you), you will eventually see that the tendency to mine salt ("PvE tears") is strong, as well as evident toxicity and hate for certain developers, CMDRs, player groups and play styles.

It of course could be only me, because I dislike hatemongers of all types, regardless on which platform they hangout or "side" of the ED community they are on. There's no difference when PvPers are called griefers and terrorists compared to when PvEers are called carebears and retards and I hope you can understand that. I wish it wasn't so, but alas, this polarization is typical for ED community so it's all wishful thinking.

This is not the topic for this old discussion tho', so I propose we don't OT this further. My whole post was simply an observation clearly illustrated on what can be seen (and read) during Isinona's video. ;)
So let's let it remain the topic of this thread...

Last edited:
Some people have difficulty in understanding that certain other people have the ability to put some heart, when they are doing something. So to those people that are measuring everything by looking for numbers or the strongest ship or the skills of a champion, or plainly by who wins, i would suggest youtube. Plenty of material to watch over there, but avoid Isinona's videos.

Always enjoyed his vidoes, love the way he just drifts around the station sizing up options.

As for the noob in the clipper with his "Oh look its that [insult] fa OFF dude"...Reminds me why i really dont miss PvP at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayum, flying around that station with FA off takes some skill.

Enjoyed that one. Thanks for posting.

"Smooth and fast docking" :D

Last edited:
I'm guess I'm just harder to impress than all you members of the official Isinona fan club, because I found it kind of underwhelming.
To each their own shall we say, dear Chairman of the Harry Potter fanclub? :)

- - - Updated - - -

He's done some 'low level flying across planetary surfaces' videos as well, and all that was missing was the Airwolf theme :)
Which is now embedded in my head for the rest of the day [mad]

Last edited:
Well, I watched the first half the video where he wasn't successful at pulling off a station kill with his cheapo little Viper. I'm guess I'm just harder to impress than all you members of the official Isinona fan club, because I found it kind of underwhelming. Bring me a video of him going mano e mano with any one of the other pilot's featured in the first part of that vid, then maybe. That being defined as a fight, as opposed to trying to annoy one of them into firing at him whilst Wanted.

It's not just the piloting skills, it's the RP and story telling ability. If you know of better examples then by all means post them, I'm always on the lookout for great new ED videos.

Well I've also thought Isinona could do with some Pirating lessons, he (she?) is very sloppy with the cargo.

If you bother reading these things Isinona look me up. You can teach me how to fly and I'll teach you how to rob things without cargo going everywhere getting lost and harming your profit margins.

Yeah not sure why anybody would be focused on Combat, its hardly the point of his Videos. If you want fancy combat videos hes the wrong one to go to ^^

Top Bottom