For any fans of DCS World...

But every module for 1.5 that you buy will be up[graded to 2.0 eventually along with the Caucasus demo map.

I'm pleased to hear that.
Having spent £40 odd on the F-15C, the Hawk and the Gazelle, and being just about to drop another £50 on the Huey and F-5, I want to make sure that they aren't gonna be obselete-d when the new engine comes out :).

I'm pleased to hear that.
Having spent £40 odd on the F-15C, the Hawk and the Gazelle, and being just about to drop another £50 on the Huey and F-5, I want to make sure that they aren't gonna be obselete-d when the new engine comes out :).

Flight SIM's are hard to kill, they stay in the community forever, IL-2 COD (Cliff of Dover) had an upgrade done by the community and a group of people who wanted to make it up to date, they now got the entire source code and will make a lot of changes that is for sure.

I've got some important exams soon.
If I pass them, I'm gonna buy myself this beast:

GC065SK_140381_800x800.png

And possibly go the whole hawg (haha see what I did there ;) ) with this:

https://images.Website Filtered: Unsafe/Unauthorized Sales/m/1024x768/1x1x0/thumbnail/d/c/7a011e941631_dcs_a10c_warthog_6_.jpg

:D

Hi, I own the demo and played around already. But it's really tricky. A real sim so to say.

If I understand right, the free demo is more or less the basic game and you just add more and more planes without the need to buy the "full" game as the demo is the full game, right?

I like the game a lot. I play it in VR. It's pretty cool. And the fly by camera makes a lot of fun especially using the Mustang.

Glad you got the Demo,,it gives a feel
You said you want the real deal..
http://store.steampowered.com/app/245810/DCS_A10C_Warthog__DLC/?snr=1_620_4_1400_45

they also have a training for it in store..be warned its really detailed. Hope you have Good controller
http://store.steampowered.com/app/555530/A10C_Advanced_Aircraft_Training_Qualification_Campaign/..i don't think it's included with the above

Last edited:
Whoaaaa...

So I decided to go and get the A-10C (the expensive one, not the non-clickable cockpit one) while it was still on sale. It's totally different in VR!

Here's a little tour I made so you can see how much detail there is in the cockpit, and sort-of what it looks like in the Rift. Bear in mind that I'm outputting video intended for a 3d headset to a single monitor with a different aspect resolution. So it's a little squished in places, and it looks waaaaaaaay better in the rift...

But still, see how much detail there is in the aircraft. And that gun, mmmmm.

[video=youtube_share;Hig5RL4Gdsg]https://youtu.be/Hig5RL4Gdsg[/video]

EDIT (the following day): Just got this too:

zcWvCCD.png

Last edited:
Just saw the prices. Wow! They sell 1 plane for almost 50 EUR regularly? That is a lot of money. This way you can spend hundreds our EUR on the game.

How do you play the missions without all the planes needed?

Bit late, but as others said, this is a full on proper simulation of the aircraft in meticulous detail. It's not like a ship in ED, where they design the model, adjust a few sliders and they're done. The dev's usually go to see the actual aircraft, talk to the pilots, sometimes even fly the aircraft/have a ride in it themselves - it's an epic amount of work. It's actually worth checking out the DCS forums and reading up on the dev's and their progress on various modules.

I'm very much looking forward to the F-14A/B modules in the works, it looks to include carriers and carrier landings. Teh Awesome™!

As for price, DCS have sales just about every weekend, I don't think I've paid more than 60% of the full price for any module, and most I've paid only about 50% for. If you are at all interested in sims, the base game is free to download, and includes a few planes.

Z...

Last edited:
Bit late, but as others said, this is a full on proper simulation of the aircraft in meticulous detail. It's not like a ship in ED, where they design the model, adjust a few sliders and they're done. The devs usually go to see the actual aircraft, talk tot he pilots, sometimes even fly the aircraft/have a ride in it themselves - it's an epic amount of work. It's actually worth checking out the DCS forums and reading up on the dev's and their progress on various modules.

I'm very much looking forward to the F-14A/B modules int he works, it looks to include carriers and carrier landings. Teh Awesome™!

As for price, DCS have sales just about every weekend, I don't think I've paid more than 60% of the full price for any module, and most I've paid only about 50% for. If you are at all interested in sims, the base game is free to download, and includes a few planes.

Z...

It takes around 2 years to make some of the full simulated airplanes/choppers, so I consider it cheep :D

Wheww. The Gazelle is a very unforgiving aircraft.
I've only had it one day, so I'm still new to it. Nevertheless it's a flighty (if you'll excuse the pun) little bird, and I spent the entire time flying going "Variometer, Speedometer, Horizon, Compass, Variometer, Speedometer, Horizon, Compass, Variometer, Speedometer, Horizon, Compass, Variometer, Speedometer, Horizon, Compass" :D

But, I'm impressed with myself, I've now memorised the process of getting the bird started and I can get it off the ground within a couple of minutes.

I even did the "rescue the poor lost soldier" mission, and felt very pleased with myself for performing two takeoffs, and more importantly, two successful landings!
Even if they were both a bit "thumpy". Poor lost soldier is now back home :D.

http://www.simreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Prepar3D-2016-jun-10-082.jpg

Hhhmm... I may have to get this bird on the next sale. I bought the Black Shark II and Huey modules, but only tried the Huey once so far. I crashed hard... I need to get my bindings right, and, I think I have convinced myself to buy a collective, though this seems half tempting...

Z...

What's the state of Multi-Crew?

I took my Gazelle out for a test flight, and got to swap seats to manage weapons. I have the Steam version, it said that when Multi-Crew is enabled that your co-pilot will be able to man the second seat. Is Multi-Crew available in the DCS site version or 2.0?

I'd love to VR co-pilot something like that.

Gunfighter Pro - nice. I've waiting for the MCG Pro grip to become available before buying. I have, however, coughed up already for the Virpil Mongoos T-50

The fact it plugs directly into a Warthog bas made it an easy choice, seeing as I already have a Warthog (I needed a second stick as I have two PC's running ED and DCS in 2 different countries - joys of my work - everything costs me double, ARGH!!).

Now, as I said, I recognise the Gunfighter, but what is that panel? Where do I find it?

Z...

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of it...just think £20 on sale for a single plane in a series of them they do is pushing it ;)

Was semi-tempted but as it happens, the decision was finalised by the bit of me that says I already dedicate too much time to games. Picking up another game that could be seen as a part-time job is probably not the best idea.

Ah yes, but, unlike ED, where the grind is there for frustration, in DCS, it's incredibly satisfying, and, you know that you actually know how to start up a real life military jet aircraft.

Z...

Gunfighter Pro - nice. I've waiting for the MCG Pro grip to become available before buying. I have, however, coughed up already for the Virpil Mongoos T-50

The fact it plugs directly into a Warthog bas made it an easy choice, seeing as I already have a Warthog (I needed a second stick as I have two PC's running ED and DCS in 2 different countries - joys of my work - everything costs me double, ARGH!!).

Now, as I said, I recognise the Gunfighter, but what is that panel? Where do I find it?

Z...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, but, unlike ED, where the grind is there for frustration, in DCS, it's incredibly satisfying, and, you know that you actually know how to start up a real life military jet aircraft.

Z...

The panel is hand crafted, just like Slaw do the rudder pedals, there is a dude who make these. Not cheap, not instant buy, it takes months to get it, but if interested I can guide you to him :)

The panel is hand crafted, just like Slaw do the rudder pedals, there is a dude who make these. Not cheap, not instant buy, it takes months to get it, but if interested I can guide you to him :)

I am. I bought the Baur F3 pedals, and pretty much the same deal, made to order, and at a price. The quality, though, and the engineering...

Z...

Top Bottom