Star Citizen Thread v6

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sorry nope....
Sasha Huber is a visual artist of Swiss-Haitian heritage, born in Zurich (Switzerland) in 1975. She lives and works in Helsinki (Finland)

...taken from this site

I m a little confused now. Obviously I got the wrong person because this Sasha Huber looks like an artist not a programmer and her bio misses any mentioning of this tool or her working for CiG. Also reading her bio makes me doubt she would be connected to CiG in any way anyway. Can you share your findings because I was unable to find anything on the net. Of course not knowing how its exactly spelled doesnt help but the quote of origin comes from the video. If this Sasha Huber is indeed not working for CIG its just another example of outside genius helping CIG to create the illusion of progress. Leaning on other peoples work (*cough* water marks *cough*) and label it as your own.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/06/23/how-star-citizen-uses-science-to-build-out-its-galaxy/

Didn't watch the videos, but maybe gives more info

Thanks for the links. I didnt watch the videos yet but one is an ATV so I dont expect any "answers" from it :D the other one seems to be a propaganda video (but I llw atch it later). A google search of "Solar System Ed" didnt bring any results so I assume its either an in-home program used and developed by CiG themselves which makes me wonder because of Sasha Huber (another google search of "Sasha Huber Star Citizen" only brings up the finnish artist or its nothing tangible simple thrown out at the community with the label "magic germans" which nobody cared to check or verify. Theres only so much time and effort I m willing to put out for stuff like this on my phone so if anybody has some more information on this matter (because I fail at google it seems)...it would be appreciated.

I kinda like the design to be honest and the pilots placement makes sense as well. Depending on the speeds involved and the overall activity this tool is designed for you want a minimal degree of exposure to the environment so HuD feedback and enclosure represent protection features. What irks me a bit more is that how a large percentage of that video is covering the "motorbike" to a degree that makes me again think "yeah lets talk about ONE thing ad nauseum because we have nothing else to talk about".

I know what kind of defense some people will come up with. Parallel development cycles but this is again creating assets which are due for refactoring and add more debt to the burdened developers when all focus should go into creating the base at this point. A base which has been continuously tuned down over the weeks and has already lost a lot of potential compared to the 2016 slides shown at the Citizencon. I m sure there are companies which can pull a procedure like this off. Well oiled companies with good management and directive control. All things CiG has demonstrated to not possess over the last few years. So using this argument I d honestly be more worried then assured but the same things can be perceived in different ways depending on who watches them I guess.

The video I recently linked (and which is not my video btw) doesnt do much for me because I am able to look past the great visuals and ponder what the player actually does while playing this "game". Its all skin. I didnt see much bone or meat. Over the decades I play video games I learned one thing and thats "looks dont make a good game" but "good games tend to look beautiful". In Star Citizens case the incredible looks dont seem to be a "side-product" of the development (what I would assume at this point of development...you know....alpha) but deliberate design decisions which waste an incredible amount of resources and manpower only to be presented in a fashionable way. It doesnt help that CiG presents these tidbits in a casual manner hinting that it all looks like this and doesnt need much of attention to come out like it. Truth is that the PU we currently have access to looks like nothing we see in the videos and while still good looking only keep their "mouth hanging" qualities in the promo demos (*cough* smoke and mirror *cough*) CiG provides. If anything the homestead demonstration in 2016 gave us all the info we need in order to qualify the amount of work and stress a simple 10 minute video puts on the whole company.

I currently believe that all attention and efforts go into maintaining the illusion of progress and content rather then creating it. 3.0 will be a good indicator of how capable CIG actually is. It took them what....6 months since the last patch? They have been given more money and enough patience/time to create it. I m really curious to see what CiG manages to do with all this patience and goodwill directed at them. Will it be justified or just peeved into the wind? I dont doubt there are people at CiG hard at work trying to create the game CRoberts envisioned but if thats really the case its too little too late. We are in year 6 of production and we have been through 150+ million dollars of funding. These factors create a level of expectation which CiG isnt able to match anymore....at least not for me. SO when I see the polished space hangar which looks breathtaking at 4k with a monster machine running it offline I am actually not impressed and distracted but realize that it has been looking like this for years now and very little has been done since then. That realization of stagnation in the project colors everything that comes from them in a bad way. The routine ship sales dont help of course....

A BIG amen to this. (and a rep+)

Oh dear, someone at the bank obviously didn't do their homework. I can't believe anyone would put money in that dumpster fire.

Well while its possible to "trick" banks in general doing so would result in a massive legal fallout when things go belly up . These guys tend to beat up a ruckus when they lose money. I believe that if they gave CiG a loan it would be for a garantueed return value so probably real possessions mostly (coffee machine, space doors etc) and only the bare minimum for their "intellectual property". What I dont believe is that the bank for "handwaved" and "sweet talked" into this thing because thats not how banks operate so whatever loan they got has to have a real counter value tied to it with an excess worth to what was granted as loan.

Yup. I would also find it hard to believe that any bank would offer a substantial loan to CIG based on collateral other than tangible assets. And from what I've seen, CIG don't appear to have a great deal of those, leading me to suspect that they haven't borrowed much. So probably not that significant, other than perhaps suggesting that they don't have a lot of spare cash floating around, which seems to be the general consensus amongst people who have been trying to figure out where the money has been going.

Yup. I would also find it hard to believe that any bank would offer a substantial loan to CIG based on collateral other than tangible assets. And from what I've seen, CIG don't appear to have a great deal of those, leading me to suspect that they haven't borrowed much. So probably not that significant, other than perhaps suggesting that they don't have a lot of spare cash floating around, which seems to be the general consensus amongst people who have been trying to figure out where the money has been going.

Yeah, but that could be a worry too.

I'm having an awfully easy time imagining a scenario where they went “oh, we'll get 3.0 out and the backers will shower us in millions — everything is fine…”. But then, all of a sudden, 3.0 is delayed and they won't make that money and they really need it right now to make payroll or whatever, and they can't let that not happen because that's not the signal they can afford at this point. So they take a small short-term loan to cover for it, because “oh, we'll definitely get 3.0 out in a month (or two) and backers will shower us in millions — everything is fine…”.

Guess this means that 3.0 truly is the MVP, the initial release of SC, with CIG hoping it will sell enough so that the loan can be repaid and that they will have some extra cash to continue adding missing features.

Prediction; It will launch with fanfare at CitizenCon. Citizens are happy - initially. Reviewers will tear it to bits, game breaking bugs will surface shortly after launch, the facade will begin to crumble. The game will fail to sell outside of the community because most that are interested already owns it. The bank steps in, Roberts is ejected, the bank starts looking for potential buyers but no one will step up. Game over.

Last edited:
Guess this means that 3.0 truly is the MVP, the initial release of SC, with CIG hoping it will sell enough so that the loan can be repaid and that they will have some extra cash to continue adding missing features.

Prediction; It will launch with fanfare at CitizenCon. Citizens are happy - initially. Reviewers will tear it to bits, game breaking bugs will surface shortly after launch, the facade will begin to crumble. The game will fail to sell outside of the community because most that are interested already owns it. The bank steps in, Roberts is ejected, the bank starts looking for potential buyers but no one will step up. Game over.

I wouldn't think 3.0 is the MVP but I bet 4.0 will be. there will be a caveat released on the day MVP is properly announced that "not to worry the game will continue to be worked on as long as there is support...we have a 10 year plan" or something to that nature. Then your predictions will occur and there will be much hand wringing and grasping of teeth about who is to blame....it won't be Roberts. It never is.

Consoles are to blame obviously, or mobiles. They just didn't believe.

The loans probably just to pad out capital between the larger concept sales so everyone gets paid. Loans aren't especially notable, although it raises questions in the context of a crowd funded project where the money is supposedly taken in advance. If CIG are taking loans based on the possibility of more "crowd funding" then that's dubious. When you back the project are you contributing to the projects future or simply helping them pay off work already done with interest?

I wouldn't think 3.0 is the MVP but I bet 4.0 will be. there will be a caveat released on the day MVP is properly announced that "not to worry the game will continue to be worked on as long as there is support...we have a 10 year plan" or something to that nature. Then your predictions will occur and there will be much hand wringing and grasping of teeth about who is to blame....it won't be Roberts. It never is.

while 10 years sound impressive we just have to take a look at CiGs 6 year record so far in order to realize its nothing at all :)

Consoles are to blame obviously, or mobiles. They just didn't believe.

The loans probably just to pad out capital between the larger concept sales so everyone gets paid. Loans aren't especially notable, although it raises questions in the context of a crowd funded project where the money is supposedly taken in advance. If CIG are taking loans based on the possibility of more "crowd funding" then that's dubious. When you back the project are you contributing to the projects future or simply helping them pay off work already done with interest?

Is making everything the company owns as collateral normal as well?

Is making everything the company owns as collateral normal as well?

No, but it's not like CIG has all that much of value to put up, and chances are that a bank would classify them as a very risky venture, making the credit rating of what they can offer rather low. So requiring “everything” for even a fairly small loan wouldn't be all that surprising.

As a bonus, it might also introduce the first proper pledging in this whole venture. :D

Oh, and as someone pointed out, there's this funny bit at the end:

Charge Papers said:
24. LICENSE

24.1 The Chargee [Coutts & Co.] hereby grants the Chargor [CIG UK] an exclusive license, revocable only in accordance with Clause 24.2, to develop, produce, exploit and otherwise deal with the Game.

24.2 The Chargee may terminate the license granted persuant to Clause 24.1 above upon the happening of an Event of Default which remains unremedied on the date falling 60 days after the Chargee has given written notiec the Chargor of such Event of Default.

Translation: Coutts now owns the game. CIG may develop it if they keep paying their bills within 60 days of Coutts asking for the cash. Otherwise, snip-snip. CIG is now leasing the rights to develop the game they were given $150M+ to develop.

Last edited:
Also the narrative on this forum for over 10000+ posts and 6 amazing long threads is that SC/CIG/S42 etc. Is a scam why would any bank loan them money if you guys were right ? .. pls do explain..

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom