Guide / Tutorial ANCIENT GUARDIANS MISSION GUIDE,Step by Step;111MCr(was 201MCr)

Collected my 200 mil last night - thanks so much to the OP and all the folk who contributed with maps etc. Amazing job.

It was fairly ok to do actually. My own points to emphasise:

- check for the reward increment after each scan without fail
- make sure to press "Confirm" when transferring cargo, so many times i drove away thinking i had the right cargo
- i found it better for some maps to simply move the ship rather than land in one place and use the SRV exclusively

Thanks again!

Guys, i hate to have this as my first post, but i went to MEENE , FELICE DOCK and well nada. Nothing there. no mission offered.
Just to negate any questions im Ranger rank explorer and i indeed do have horizons. But im there in the station now, and nothing. no mission offered.
I'm sure i'm missing something, maybe i need to unlock the engineer or something? i don't know. can anyone shed some light on this?
cheers

It's not offered on the mission board or anything, it simply appears in your transactions tab (3rd tab)

Hi there,

I followed this guide and I can't get the very last obelisk to scan (bio 05 ,page 15 number 2) I've tried it on open/PG/solo and nothing. Any ideas?

Hi , I don't know what to say as I did all of them on tuesday and all worked.
P.s. on that I made mistake of going to wrong group of obelisks,it can happen.

Last edited:
Collected my 200 mil last night - thanks so much to the OP and all the folk who contributed with maps etc. Amazing job.

It was fairly ok to do actually. My own points to emphasise:

- check for the reward increment after each scan without fail
- make sure to press "Confirm" when transferring cargo, so many times i drove away thinking i had the right cargo
- i found it better for some maps to simply move the ship rather than land in one place and use the SRV exclusively

Thanks again!

It's not offered on the mission board or anything, it simply appears in your transactions tab (3rd tab)

I'm having the same problem

Thank you very much for taking time to post your guide.
I just followed it without any issue.
Without this guide I don't think I'd have tried to go for the ruins, you made me do it and I really enjoyed the ride. Thanks again !
A few additional tips:
- I used my explo ASP X and it was very easy to land and use SRV (and 45 ly jump range saves some jumps)
- if you have trouble finding your way in the ruins, remember we now have a nice external camera that comes in very handy for tactical reconnaissance
- take your time, note every scan and follow instructions and you'll do fine

(+rep ofc)

Thank you very much for taking time to post your guide.
I just followed it without any issue.
Without this guide I don't think I'd have tried to go for the ruins, you made me do it and I really enjoyed the ride. Thanks again !
A few additional tips:
- I used my explo ASP X and it was very easy to land and use SRV (and 45 ly jump range saves some jumps)
- if you have trouble finding your way in the ruins, remember we now have a nice external camera that comes in very handy for tactical reconnaissance
- take your time, note every scan and follow instructions and you'll do fine

(+rep ofc)

+1 excellent points :)
(starting another run now)

Huge thanks and rep for such an excellent guide! I have just completed my run after 2 days, using a Cobra MKIII on the PS4. I had fun driving around and identifying the correct locations from the pictures, pulling off some nice stunts in the process up the many steep embankments! This has given me a great start to my new PS4 career. Now, what to spend the money on...??? ;)

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Hi there,

Thanks for this guide, looking at it, it seems quite daunting. Not got my ship to do this yet but I really want to try. I am struggling to understand the blank page relative to the scan sites, the Alpha/Beta/Gamma? Being a complete n00b I am obviously missing something. How do I match the blank page (to tick off scans) with the maps.

Cheers o7

Hi there,

Thanks for this guide, looking at it, it seems quite daunting. Not got my ship to do this yet but I really want to try. I am struggling to understand the blank page relative to the scan sites, the Alpha/Beta/Gamma? Being a complete n00b I am obviously missing something. How do I match the blank page (to tick off scans) with the maps.

Cheers o7

That is my fault as I didn't explain each site is designated Alpha, Beta or Gamma, sorry :(
Ignore that and just tick the boxes as you do a scan, like if you do a T7,then tick off the technology 7 box. It is handy if you decide to leave and come back days later to finish the mission :)

Hi there,

Cheers o7

You have a journey of about 800LY to the 1st site(from the bubble) , get any ship with 12t of cargo(scoop & scanner), go to the 1st map site and collect your 12 artifacts , then take it from there. :)
Experiment and if you mess up you can abandon the mission,or partially hand it in, and try again at a future date.

Many thanks for this great guide ! [up]
I did the mission in about 7 hours last weekend in my little dolphin and it was a big fun to race around all these obelisks and scan the messages.
Overall I made about 205 MCr including exploration data and even got 'first explorer' tags for some objects.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
That is my fault as I didn't explain each site is designated Alpha, Beta or Gamma, sorry :(
Ignore that and just tick the boxes as you do a scan, like if you do a T7,then tick off the technology 7 box. It is handy if you decide to leave and come back days later to finish the mission :)

Thanks, I will give it ago. I am still confused though lol. Its early here.

For example, on the blank sheet there are #1-21, so Language 21 is TaRe but I don't see a #21 on any map. Is it just a case of going through the Alpha list first and the map in order, then the Beta list in order and then the Gamma list in order. So basically just go through maps 1 to 15 and tick off as you go? Alpha, Beta, Gamma?

As your example T7, I don't actually see T7 in the blank list, I see it in the map though.... (#7 Alpha Tech is a grey block on the blank sheet?). Or does that mean Alpha has no T7?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will give it ago. I am still confused though lol. Its early here.

For example, on the blank sheet there are #1-21, so Language 21 is TaRe but I don't see a #21 on any map. Is it just a case of going through the Alpha list first and the map in order, then the Beta list in order and then the Gamma list in order. So basically just go through maps 1 to 15 and tick off as you go? Alpha, Beta, Gamma?

As your example T7, I don't actually see T7 in the blank list, I see it in the map though.... (#7 Alpha Tech is a grey block on the blank sheet?). Or does that mean Alpha has no T7?

Thanks again.
The numbers on the maps don't match the numbers of the datasets on the blank sheet. It is a little unclear until you start doing it, I was confused before I started too. When you scan the obelisks correctly as per dognosh's guide, you'll get messages in your inbox, and they will tell you which dataset you have just collected. I didn't actually use the dataset blank sheet, I just followed the maps and carefully checked I scanned everything that I should have done on each map.

The numbers on the maps don't match the numbers of the datasets on the blank sheet. It is a little unclear until you start doing it, I was confused before I started too. When you scan the obelisks correctly as per dognosh's guide, you'll get messages in your inbox, and they will tell you which dataset you have just collected. I didn't actually use the dataset blank sheet, I just followed the maps and carefully checked I scanned everything that I should have done on each map.

^^^^^^ spot on :)

Just follow the guide StormyUK , go to the 1st site to collect the 12 artifacts, stay there and go to page one in my guide,now the same map shows the Obelisks you have to do,then 2nd map(page 2)....

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
^^^^^^ spot on :)

Just follow the guide StormyUK , go to the 1st site to collect the 12 artifacts, stay there and go to page one in my guide,now the same map shows the Obelisks you have to do,then 2nd map(page 2)....

Cool, I wont be able to do it in one go so I might just have to do each site, take a break then move on to the next map.

Cool, I wont be able to do it in one go so I might just have to do each site, take a break then move on to the next map.
I did it in 4 or 5 spells. Top tip from me would be to take care to press 'confirm' when changing the SRV cargo for the next obelisk on the list. The number of times I drove across a site to find the needed obelisk and then failed the scan because I had the wrong cargo really started to get irritating quickly, but I kept doing it. So make sure you load the cargo right.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Guide. I didn't follow every step but completed the mission.

Tip 1: don't select "Dismiss Ship" when trying to select "Transfer Cargo". That is annoying in itself, but also many ruins are restricted areas and you can't call your ship back.

Tip 2: don't tip your SRV over under you ship because then you must dismiss the ship.[cry]

Wow thank you for this. Incredible work.

Quick question: can't you just put one of each artifact in your SRV cargo hold and go do all the scans at the site without having to go back and swap?

Top Bottom