PvP An incident in open

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
For someone who spams the in-game block feature the way you do, you sure seem to have trouble finding the forum equivalent.

I know you didn't miss the part where the bug was reported. Repeatedly.

It's not like FDEV said "OK, thanks for the report, please stop using this bug now or it will be considered an exploit".

They could have... it's what they did with the station blindspot.

You know why they didn't? Because they couldn't replicate the issue.

Maybe you should ask someone who helped them figure it out.

Or you could... you know... just let it go.

and cable pulling has been reported repeately and yet its still possible to do it and escape death....... BECAUSE IT IS HARD TO FIX. but you still consider it wrong dont you

i will let people cheating go, when everyone else lets cloggers * or people not playing in open go, and when the KOS lists go...

*and i dont even clog, but it is the hypocrisy which gets me

Oh dang. In that case I best get to engineering up some G5 pad blockers :p

I haven't read anyone saying that though. Just people who think it's a fair enough tactic to use and others who disagree with that.

Sometimes I have this image of what the FD devs might want to do with debates like this...

https://youtu.be/TFMpySg_UrM

;)

:D

Personally I think if someone really wants to push me from the pad I'll just laugh about it. But I do think that OP had every right to quit the game or even task kill. The aggressor tried so hard to *not* be in combat that it would be ridiculous to call it combat logging.

I just couldn't resist responding to the nonesence posted here. On top of promoting cheating in the official forums, some of the carebe... sorry PVE players pollute this section with the ussual poison.

This thread used to be in DD, which is the only reason I even comment here. I would gladly leave you alone in your poison free environment. And yes, the forum has become a better place since all talk about PvP happens in this subsection...

For someone who spams the in-game block feature the way you do, you sure seem to have trouble finding the forum equivalent.

Are you confusing me with Morbad ?, there are only eleven people on my blocklist, Morbad had 60 or 70 at one point IIRC.

I know you didn't miss the part where the bug was reported. Repeatedly.

That doesn't make doing it OK.

It's not like FDEV said "OK, thanks for the report, please stop using this bug now or it will be considered an exploit".

They could have... it's what they did with the station blindspot.

"It's your fault cos you didn't specifically tell me not to do it" isn't a convincing argument.

You know why they didn't? Because they couldn't replicate the issue. .

If it was SDC and the 13th reporting it FDEV probably ignored them on principle due to all the cheat reports they'd received from them that turned out to be legit menu-logging, no-one pays attention to time wasters.

Maybe you should ask someone who helped them figure it out..

Didn't it go on for nearly a year ?, whilst telling the legit players to "git-gud" how is that helping them figure it out.

Or you could... you know... just let it go.

I'll stop the day clogging doesn't come up, and all the cheats post proof they've cleared their saves.

Still, fact of the matter remains, cheating yourself you lose any moral high ground over players who cheat in a different way.

I like how you worded it though. "Some of the people being called out as cheaters". When you simply could have said "cheaters". Not only were they called it, they did it you know? :)

I hereby announce that I intent to harm you, you shall never log out of the game again!

My CMDR doesn't visit these forums, nor is he even aware of this reality.

Rest assured though, that if your CMDR encounters mine and takes any action that could be construed as hostility, even those with intents as unfathomable (that's sarcasm) as trying to pin his vessel to a landing pad and run out the trespass timer, that I, as a player, will see events through and not remove my CMDR from the game until he is safely locked to a pad, or adrift in the open space of another system for several minutes past the point his low-wake would have faded.

ryan_m

Banned
If it was SDC and the 13th reporting it FDEV probably ignored them on principle due to all the cheat reports they'd received from them that turned out to be legit menu-logging, no-one pays attention to time wasters.

We reported it directly to FDev through discord PMs. The person it was reported to took it to QA who dismissed the report (as they had a couple times before by the person that initially discovered it) and told us to post it on the public bug report forums. Harry posted it on an alt (BugReporter1234, IIRC), and the panic kicked off. It is FDev's own fault that things blew up the way they did, because it was reported around 5 times over the course of a year and they did not investigate it at all.

Thanks to station embush players, missiles are finally balanced.

Players who don't like skill to achieve things will complain to loose their I win button and blame others who prove how broken it is.
Perhaps. But it's just as likely that those who enjoyed cheeky station antics were just doing as much of it as possible (before an inevitable response from the devs) because it simply gave them lulz, rather than for purely altruistic reasons.

FD's problem isn't in never noticing a problem once it's been reported. Their problem is not communicating enough about the fix and what progress they're making in terms of a general ETA for the patch. That method of silence always ends up shooting them in the foot because it almost always ends up looking like they need a PR shizzle storm in order to magically summon a fix overnight, even though they've obvious been putting work into a fix long before the PR storm.

I clicked your link about griefers and the block function there in your siggy Stigbob, and read up some more. I am curious, has anyone compiled a "master griefer list"? I would assume if people blocked them en masse their instances would be quite lonely. Sorry if this is off-topic, but I suddenly found myself wanting to play in open after imagining a list to get rid of a good number of griefers in one shot, or at least reduce their effectiveness.
Wrong thread for this subject I'm afraid dude. Stigbob's thread might be a better place for that inquiry.

Hi Malaus :)

As you might have noticed, there's quite a bit of internet testosterone in the PvP section which explains the hip thrusting you have been experiencing.
Actually the PvP section as a whole is fine so far. I think you meant to criticise just this particular thread as it's not really fair to incorrectly vilify an entire forum sub section before the eyes of newcomers who might not yet know any better.

Tut. Tut. Naughty Ziggy :)

This thread used to be in DD, which is the only reason I even comment here. I would gladly leave you alone in your poison free environment. And yes, the forum has become a better place since all talk about PvP happens in this subsection...
Matter of opinion I guess. The only change that's occurred is that Deranged Discussions are now 100% PvE related. And no, DD is still as toxic and barmy as it always was. To imply that the 1% of PvP threads that occassionaly occurred there were the cause of all the toxicity and bile is just frankly wrong.

A playstyle is not inherently bad or good and the people interested in one particular playstyle over another are not inherently superior angellic beings just through virtue of prefferring a specific playstyle.

Look at this legit god rolled FAS of a legit end game player (me)

https://imgur.com/a/2R40z

It has 0.5Ly jumprange. I don't think you can impress Ziggy with something that short.

Matter of opinion I guess. The only change that's occurred is that Deranged Discussions are now 100% PvE related. And no, DD is still as toxic and barmy as it always was. To imply that the 1% of PvP threads that occassionaly occurred there were the cause of all the toxicity and bile is just frankly wrong.

A playstyle is not inherently bad or good and the people interested in one particular playstyle over another are not inherently superior angellic beings just through virtue of prefferring a specific playstyle.

It didn't get that better. I'd say 1%... We definetely have one stupid discussion less where it's alsways clear that nobody will agree with each other.

It didn't get that better. I'd say 1%... We definetely have one stupid discussion less where it's alsways clear that nobody will agree with each other.
Instead we have stupid discussions about LEPers having a freak out and who wants to buy ships with real cash and how grind is in the mind because yet another individual fancies themselves as King of ED.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want one less stupid discussion then it's always an option to not post in the place where you feel discussions are at peak stupidity levels.

Last edited:
What, you're not gonna take this opportunity to spam your link again? I'm shocked.

My mistake there you go : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ners-advice-on-dealing-with-griefing-(part-2)

It's not an exploit until FDEV chooses to define it as one. They did not do so until they were able to reproduce it.

See the above response.

So if you are unable to identify exploits unless FDEV deems them to be so, if FDEV started trolling you by announcing things like "shooting other CMDR's is an exploit" would you fall for it ?.

So reporting combat loggers is pointless and I should be ignored because I choose to do so regularly? Riiight. Your prejudice is clearly not showing at all here.

No you missed the point, according to groups like SDC menu-logging is cheating (even though FDEV haven't said it's a cheat, well fancy that) and players are actively encouraged (by them) to report menu loggers as cheats and add them to the list of players to shoot on sight who log off when attacked (which is a bit of an exercise in futility TBH). Now given menu-logging isn't an exploit and we all know it, FDEV may well have stopped listening to the people who spam them with false reports months ago. I would have if I was them.

SDC only had it for a couple months before the exploit was fixed. Figure it out for yourself.

SDC give the playerbase their word as some cheats that they only did it for a bit, and FDEV hadn't specifically stopped them or said not to. Making it all FDEV's fault, and besides which those modules were provocatively equipped.

Clogging is still a problem, and punishment was meted out by FDEV as they saw fit.

Clogging isn't a problem at all, I think it's funny when someone pulls the plug. It's like knocking over your own king an admission of defeat, just a matter of perspective.

Maybe you should send them your CV if you want a say in these things...:rolleyes:

The shadow server would crash.

I clicked your link about griefers and the block function there in your siggy Stigbob, and read up some more. I am curious, has anyone compiled a "master griefer list"? I would assume if people blocked them en masse their instances would be quite lonely. Sorry if this is off-topic, but I suddenly found myself wanting to play in open after imagining a list to get rid of a good number of griefers in one shot, or at least reduce their effectiveness.

I missed this, sorry.

It's been suggested but it wouldn't be possible here as naming and shaming is bad m'kay.

I really don't think there's any point as there are not that many proper griefers in the game, I have only 11 people blocked and I haven't seen a station griefer in months which is a first since I started playing in gamma.

I'd suggest just blocking anyone who behaves in a way you personally don't like, and be very wary of other people's lists in case people try to exploit it.

Clogging isn't a problem at all, I think it's funny when someone pulls the plug. It's like knocking over your own king an admission of defeat, just a matter of perspective.
Combat logging is against the rules, thus cheating and so is as much of a problem as breaking any other rule, like the engineer cheat.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom