Things in the game you've always wondered about

That separate toe drives me insane. Who designed this?, lol.
bikila-evo2-black-yellow.jpg

why not? gives you more control :D

While I get that non-scoopable T-Tauri stars are members of scoopable star classes (F,G,K,etc) our scanners and the galaxy map recognise and name them separately so why won't the map let us filter them out of route planning?

(note: the 'T-type' stars in the map filter are not the same thing)

While I get that non-scoopable T-Tauri stars are members of scoopable star classes (F,G,K,etc) our scanners and the galaxy map recognise and name them separately so why won't the map let us filter them out of route planning?

(note: the 'T-type' stars in the map filter are not the same thing)

Tauris are under "Proto Stars" (with Herbigs).

Ok embarrassed to say this but I've only just realised when you have a station locked in SC the holo projector image of it on the left actually shows the orientation of the station...so you can line up with the entrance before dropping out of SC.

It's probably been there since launch yet I've only just noticed....facepalm.

One thing that I've always wondered is.... Why, when landing on planets, do we have to spend ages flying around trying to find a flat spot to embark on when our ships are perfectly capable of landing completely autonomously? When you recall a dismissed ship it can land all by itself perfectly, so why can't I just use that autopilot when I want to? It's like having a docking computer that only works when you are not onboard!

Ok embarrassed to say this but I've only just realised when you have a station locked in SC the holo projector image of it on the left actually shows the orientation of the station...so you can line up with the entrance before dropping out of SC.

I remember when this dawned on me too...it was a little game changer from then on.

Way OT but I gather the reason for these things stems from the idea that your big toe is largely responsible for making small adjustments to your balance so giving it a separate area in a shoe allows a person greater control of their balance.

On a related note, and possibly related to ED, the boots that racing drivers wear tend to have extremely soft soles because, at that level, you're not just "pressing" on the gas pedal with your big ol' hoof.
Instead, you'll find yourself applying pressure to the pedal very delicately, using the muscles in your toes and the balls of your feet in order to provide ultimate control of how much power you're sending to the wheels.

I guess it's plausible that you're using your feet to control something in ED (although there doesn't appear to be any graphical representation of it) and it requires delicate control, hence the need for the toe-boots.

I do wish they'd modify the graphics in ED so your feet, and the pedals, move when you're applying rudder controls or summat though.

I think it was only implemented in 2.3... or maybe 2.2.

It's not that long ago that people were talking about it.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong there.

Well... then I don't know what to tell you... I'm playing right now (on PS4), on a route correctly filtered to only OBAFGKM stars and I still end up in T-Tauri systems - one just a couple of jumps ago only had the one star in the system, nothing else, and it was T-Tauri. It's always done it like this - at least in my experience on the PS4 version.

Scientifically it's not wrong of FDev to include T-Tauri stars in F,G,K & M classes (if they have) and they are portrayed visually in game as such. As I understand it T-Tauri stars are just young versions of stars in those spectral classes.

In the text descriptions in the galaxy map and on the scanner results, however, they're specifically named as T-Tauri type, so my original 'wonder' was why they don't appear to be separately filterable - as that would be handy what with them being unscoopable and all - because in my experience on the version I'm playing right now, they're evidently not. In my game they certainly don't appear to be included in the Proto Star section, t would be nice if they were.

Well... then I don't know what to tell you... I'm playing right now (on PS4), on a route correctly filtered to only OBAFGKM stars and I still end up in T-Tauri systems - one just a couple of jumps ago only had the one star in the system, nothing else, and it was T-Tauri. It's always done it like this - at least in my experience on the PS4 version.

Scientifically it's not wrong of FDev to include T-Tauri stars in F,G,K & M classes (if they have) and they are portrayed visually in game as such. As I understand it T-Tauri stars are just young versions of stars in those spectral classes.

In the text descriptions in the galaxy map and on the scanner results, however, they're specifically named as T-Tauri type, so my original 'wonder' was why they don't appear to be separately filterable - as that would be handy what with them being unscoopable and all - because in my experience on the version I'm playing right now, they're evidently not. In my game they certainly don't appear to be included in the Proto Star section, t would be nice if they were.

It's possible that due to the route you plotted, that TTS was the only possible waypoint; although I reckon the plotter would simply fail, in that case. But in any case, TTS are Proto Stars and are certainly not supposed to be included in the scoopable stars. So then >>> Bug Reports :)

I've noticed that if you move the galaxy map to realistic instead of the map tab it does not seem to filter the route by star type, even if it's selected in the proper tab.
Is this working as intended?

Last edited:
Top Bottom