Release ED ToolBox - A companion app

Hey. Just installed this wonderful addon. Any idea though why it always shows the previous system I am in?
Just noticed this message, sorry. Is this issue still present? Seems odd.

Hi.
When starting ED toolbox, Avast reports it as malware. Also, when jumping to new system, sometimes (usually in populated systems) for a few seconds I cannot control my ship, it seems as if the window in which I run the game gets deselected - I can see mouse cursor appearing and disappearing (could it be because of background data downloads?) I run the game in borderless window. Any help will be appreciated, love the app.
Are you using Windows 10 Creators Update? There have been problems with the background data update, and in the next version of EDTB it can be disabled from the settings. I will release it as soon as I have the time to test it properly.

Are you using Windows 10 Creators Update? There have been problems with the background data update, and in the next version of EDTB it can be disabled from the settings. I will release it as soon as I have the time to test it properly.

Yes I use Creators Update. I'll wait for the update then, thank you for reply. BTW, Avast malware alert can be disregarded, right?

While waiting for the next version (current version works fine with that manual fix btw) - do you plan on providing more API data to EDSM? Like ships, ranks, system information?

While waiting for the next version (current version works fine with that manual fix btw) - do you plan on providing more API data to EDSM? Like ships, ranks, system information?
To be honest I haven't kept up with the developments of EDSM API, or any other API for that matter in the last year or so. I have no plans currently to make any big new features for EDTB.

I have released a new version of EDTB.

Changelog
- Fix bug present in Windows 10 creator's update (thanks Skunkworx). Alternatively you can disable the auto-update of EDTB data completely.
- Improve database indexes
- Some bug fixes
- Lots of under-the-hood changes

If your current version of EDTB works just fine, I don't recommend updating just yet. But if you have problems (like the Windows 10 Creator's problem), you should update.

http://edtb.xyz/?q=download

What is the correct date/time format when entering new POI's? Last night through trial and error, I was able to figure out, (read: lucky guess), entering 1509427100 was pretty close to the actual date and time, ( approx 31 Oct 3303 01:16 EDT).

Recently I have completely removed, (using an uninstall utility Revo Uninstall Pro) and reinstalled EDToolBox, both version 1.28 and 1.30.
1.30 does weird things displaying the logs, (regardless of the "From what range (in ly) tp show logs in ED ToolBox" setting), so I am using 1.28. (on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 machine).

I have backed up, exported, and imported various user tables and data. Everything seems to be working, (including the screenshot gallery - which is one of the reasons I completely uninstalled / reinstalled EDToolBox), except for the date of POI's . If I enter the date as ddmmyy format it comes back and shows something like 48 years ago. Unless there is a database setting I neglected to change/set, the date does not automatically populate when adding new POI's and to be honest, I can't remember if it was doing so in the past.

The table information for the Added On shows, (please forgive if the wording is incorrect, I am away from my computer and typing this from memory):
Column Name Type Length Options NULL A.I? Default Comment
added_on int 13 unsigned (not checked) (not selected) (not checked) Added On

If A.I. is selected for that row, then the first item: id does not auto increment, ( I guess because A.I. can only be selected for one item).

I don't mind entering the date manually; I simply don't know what the correct format is.

EDToolboox is a great utility and as I have said in the past, I do not want to imagine flying around in the Elite universe without it.

Last edited:
You shouldn't enter them manually. Use the Points of Interest & Bookmarks page and click on the POINTS OF INTEREST text to add a Point of Interest.

Hi,

I added a note to my log which I now want to delete, but it won't let me. I click on the trash icon but the entry just will not remove itself from the log.

Hi,

I added a note to my log which I now want to delete, but it won't let me. I click on the trash icon but the entry just will not remove itself from the log.
There seems to be a bug, thanks for reporting :) In the mean time you can use the Data Point page to delete the log entry. Just choose the Log Entries tab and locate the log and click on the trash icon.

Just tried installing in a new computer, and after installing and running for the first time, when I click on 'Open ED Toolbox' for the first time I only get a browser with the address of localhost:3001, and in the body of the browser it says 'Index of/ screenshots.

Just tried installing in a new computer, and after installing and running for the first time, when I click on 'Open ED Toolbox' for the first time I only get a browser with the address of localhost:3001, and in the body of the browser it says 'Index of/ screenshots.
Seems very odd. Did you try uninstalling and installing again, making sure you entered the correct information to the installer?

Seems very odd. Did you try uninstalling and installing again, making sure you entered the correct information to the installer?

I think I found the problem, it now shows (mostly) correctly, my current system is shown. One new problem is that there is no station or system data available no matter what system I'm in. I tried a few times right clicking on the blue wings in my system tray and choosing "update system and station data". I get the command prompt window, and it downloads the zip files (I even opened the folder where they downloaded to and saw them appear). It doesn't run for very long at all, and then when it goes to remove the temporary files they've already disappeared from the folder and the command prompt window claims that it couldn't find any temporary files. I have 7-zip, but I'm wondering if the problem happens when it unzips the files. I never see the .csv files appear in the folder that the zips downloaded to. Also, while running, I constantly get the yellow exclamation mark notice in the upper right of the ED Toolbox (in the browser) saying that the background update is in progress.

Another side note, more of an annoyance, is that ED Toolbox frequently seems to lose the API info for my commander. Just about every time I play I need to re-link and input the code I get emailed.
1c78G9c.jpg

Last edited:
Adding a bounty/PPmerit tracker

I'm not even sure if this would be possible, but if it is, where would I start to add this as one of the tables?

I think I found the problem, it now shows (mostly) correctly, my current system is shown. One new problem is that there is no station or system data available no matter what system I'm in. I tried a few times right clicking on the blue wings in my system tray and choosing "update system and station data". I get the command prompt window, and it downloads the zip files (I even opened the folder where they downloaded to and saw them appear). It doesn't run for very long at all, and then when it goes to remove the temporary files they've already disappeared from the folder and the command prompt window claims that it couldn't find any temporary files. I have 7-zip, but I'm wondering if the problem happens when it unzips the files. I never see the .csv files appear in the folder that the zips downloaded to. Also, while running, I constantly get the yellow exclamation mark notice in the upper right of the ED Toolbox (in the browser) saying that the background update is in progress.

Another side note, more of an annoyance, is that ED Toolbox frequently seems to lose the API info for my commander. Just about every time I play I need to re-link and input the code I get emailed.
As far as the API is concerned, this is a known issue with no known cause, sorry.

There should be a log file called update_log.txt in the logs folder of your EDTB installation. Can you send it to me via a PM so I can check it out?

I'm not even sure if this would be possible, but if it is, where would I start to add this as one of the tables?
Yes it's possible. Use the included database manager (Click the gear icon on the top right and choose Database management). The log in info is located in the server_config.inc.php file in the data folder of your EDTB installation.

After adding the table to the database, you need to add it to the settings page (just follow the format of the other tables)

*Update* I uninstalled ED Toolbox, and then reinstalled from scratch (including vc_redist.x86.exe), disabled my antivirus program (Avast), right clicked the ED Toolbox and chose 'Run as Administrator' for that first-run setup, and now it's working like a champ. Thanks again for this great program, it's my go-to for my second monitor. Subsequent tries at 'update system and station data' also fail unless I temporarily disable my antivirus software.

Last edited:
Top Bottom