INRA Base Discoveries

You can go and scan them all and then I would suggest this playlist (you can find base numbers and locations on first page):

- Base 1 - Technology Testing
- Base 2 - Whisteblower
- Base 5 - Pesticides
- Base 4 - Project Mycoid
- Base 6 - Vaccine
- Base 7 - Reverse Engineered
- Base 3 - History will Decide
- Base 9 - Living Specimen
- Base 8 - Watching the Sky
- Base 10 - Our all Hopes
- JJ-386 Cobra - CMDR John Jameson Logs

Could maybe be a better order for 1 or 2 bases but I think this covers it very nicely.

Very good. I would recommend visiting JJ-386 Cobra and then base 10 as epilogue for the full dramatic revelation.

Last edited:
- Base 1 - Technology Testing
- Base 2 - Whisteblower
- Base 5 - Pesticides
- Base 4 - Project Mycoid
- Base 6 - Vaccine
- Base 7 - Reverse Engineered
- Base 3 - History will Decide
- Base 9 - Living Specimen
- Base 8 - Watching the Sky
- Base 10 - Our all Hopes
- JJ-386 Cobra - CMDR John Jameson Logs

Very good. I would recommend visiting JJ-386 Cobra and then base 10 as epilogue for the full dramatic revelation.

Thanks a lot pals!
Flight plan printed, Wireless Edtracker calibrated. Departing in few hours.

Thanks a lot pals!
Flight plan printed, Wireless Edtracker calibrated. Departing in few hours.

And to cap it off, visit this location (hidden in spoiler in case you recognise the location)

IC 4604 Sector FB-X c1-16 A 1 a

because (don't read this until after you've finished your list!):

I think this gives us some clues as to what happened to Jameson's son:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/392426-quot-Thunderchild-quot-is-Jameson-s-Son

I just visited the cobra, awesomely made cobra. Love the signature gine detail, John Jameson and voice logs, well done FDev. I was in Electra unsuccessfully examining thargoids (haven't really been taking part in this invasion story) I have visited a few crashes before like the DXB and scout ship, this one is the icing on the cake.
JJ must have set out on foot (I left his biowaste alone yuch), so keep looking.

Thanks - I'll start with Base 2 then and see if I can figure it out.
I suppose Base 2 was found 'randomly'.

I'd recommend relay station PSJ-17 (Celaeno) and Comms post Zeta12 (Electra) and then maybe some of the megaships as well when your done If you haven't already been to them.
Provides a bit of a link perhaps between "hive ships" and the current little bit of excitement. - note don't go to Zeta 12 unarmed or unprepared - you will get hostile attention at that one.

Thanks - I'll start with Base 2 then and see if I can figure it out.
I suppose Base 2 was found 'randomly'.

As it was mentionned when this base was found, Base 2 was found by Cmdr Syleo after a hudge couple of days of work, trying to triangulate the system based on a screenshot of the teaser where the base 2 was supposed to be (we didn't know yet it was base 2). He is PhD in physic and used some personnal skills and tools (mathlab) to find it so no, it was not found randomly.

I must say I failed to convince him to explain here the details of the method he used to find this base, probably because the rumours of digging the game files was too much strong at this time (and it seems that rumours are not dying easily here). But I can say that is true. It was not random at all and it was a fair uncovering !
I see his progress on the Wing Atlantis discord during that time.

NB : I'll say by advance that I'll not giving a s..t to all the ppl that will come here to say "I don't buy it". We don't care if you buy or don't buy it. This is the facts. Take it or stay silent.

Last edited:
You can belive it or not, but that's wrong.

Some twitchy people around.

I use 'randomly' to refer to finding things on the surface as much as the means of finding the system and planet.

Unless I'm misinformed the only reliable way to locate something with unknown coordinates is to metagame the loading times.
It's either that or pure luck even when you know which planet it is.

FD still have a long way to go to improve this aspect of the game.

Last edited:
Last edited:
A hearty round of applause from this Cmdr to those that found the bases. How you managed this I have no idea as I struggle to find them even with the coordinates you have supplied. So an o7 and thanks.

[up] [yesnod]

Personally I'd thoroughly recommend visiting all 10 (so far) INRA bases in order (and then the Jameson crash). They're all incredibly atmospheric places and the story you get from the audio logs follows a narrative from beginning to end. If it's not too late I'd also recommend not reading or listening to the logs in advance, just open the OP of this thread, get the list of locations and unravel the story for yourself. My previous screenshot marks the end of my own pilgramage and it's been quite a journey.

Not really an option for some of us - doing the DECE circumnavigation thing, and it's a bit of a trek... I'll check them all out once I'm back, of course. If only the Formidine mystery bases had had voice acting...

Z...

Not really an option for some of us - doing the DECE circumnavigation thing, and it's a bit of a trek... I'll check them all out once I'm back, of course. If only the Formidine mystery bases had had voice acting...

Z...

I lightheartedly proposed “Chitter” to be the collective noun for a group of Thargoids, based on the assumption that they're insectoids and from the background sound we heard at times on some planets & in space when a previous release came out (2.1? 2.2?); however having listened to the logs from Stack the Thargoid cries sound more like the scream of a wounded lion /bear or other large beast-interesting.

Currently at Taylor Keep, there are 4 datapoints that apparently have to be activated in a sequence. I only manage to activate 3 of them until time runs out, anybody knows what happens if all 4 are up in time? Could lead to the next base possibly.

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
Currently at Taylor Keep, there are 4 datapoints that apparently have to be activated in a sequence. I only manage to activate 3 of them until time runs out, anybody knows what happens if all 4 are up in time? Could lead to the next base possibly.

O7,
[noob]

It just gives you data for RNGesus. And allows the area to be "on your radar," so that when you return planetside, it will appear as a navigation option.

Something I've been wondering about...FDev have said that "the of end of INRA" is in the game, that we'll be able to find out "what happened to them." Am I the only one wondering if the faux-military base where the "mothership" appeared is the end of the line?

Top Bottom