INRA Base Discoveries

I have a theory that alien stuff is located on small moons that are in dual orbit with closeby moons. Hence I flew and landed on 5E and 5E a as they're the only landable dual moons in system.
Found a big Mountain But fell asleep and bashed the hull to 22% so went away to get fixed up. The mysteries remain.

A lot of the locations do have certain common attributes ... often the body closest to the sun, or on one of its moons ...

So the first base was found based on the analysis of a sky box from the trailer?

First Guardian ruin was... didn't think that was the case with the INRA bases though... first INRA base found didn't have the same towers that the one in the trailer had IIRC.

First Guardian ruin was... didn't think that was the case with the INRA bases though... first INRA base found didn't have the same towers that the one in the trailer had IIRC.

Agreed - there's even a summary, sadly in a spoiler, in the first post with details - no skybox mentioned

Last edited:
And why this isn't on the official Galnet site?

This is the official Ganlet (news) but not on the official Galnet website. Because of this website (I made it with other french CMDRs) contains categories / search field / etc. Of course, on the top, you have a link to the official galnet website.

I have an automatic process who copy the news. Sometimes, news are on my website before the official website.

Last edited:
Agreed - there's even a summary, sadly in a spoiler, in the first post with details - no skybox mentioned

Note:
About the details of the discovery of site #2, we ask you to be patient. We will post it as soon as Syleo will sending it to us. He is very busy with RL so it will take time.

?

Note:
About the details of the discovery of site #2, we ask you to be patient. We will post it as soon as Syleo will sending it to us. He is very busy with RL so it will take time.

?

one million one hundred and seventy eight thousand six hundred and sixty three
one million one hundred and seventy eight thousand six hundred and sixty four
yawn
one million one hundred and seventy eight thousand six hundred and sixty six
one million one hundred and seventy eight thousand six hundred and sixty seven

Sorry, say again? Wasn’t listening, waiting for some information on how to find something important in this game. :eek:
Yes, a cup of coffee and a mince pie would be nice please

one million one hundred and seventy eight thousand six hundred and, and, and ???
one thousand and one
one thousand and two
one thousand and three... :rolleyes:

A part of the answer is available with the tool which he developed. http://elite.laulhere.com/ExTool/

ABOUT:
ExTool will help you to search planetary surfaces, in order to find bases (INRA, abandoned, ...), thargoid sites and other POI. Involved players will have their location recorder and ExTool will draw points in a 2D or 3D surface map, so this can help players to look for their goal by choosing unscanned research zones on the planet.
The more players will visit the planet and use ExTool, the best chance players will have to discover what they look for.
Nevertheless, beware that ExTool only get GPS locations of players and won't warn you if you fly above an undiscovered base. You still have to look at the surface to find what you're searching !

Last edited:
Hi commanders,
By the way, this tool helped to find the 2nd thargoid scout tonight :
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...id-scout-has-been-found?p=6274445#post6274445

Congratulations to Cmdr Sileo!
though the notification might have been more appropriate in the Surface Features thread, but I see the reason for posting it here. Hopefully FD will take note and give us something similar as part of the Beyond update in Q1; we’ve been asking for decent surface exploration support for a long time now. I had looked at Extool when Cmdr LCU No Fool Like One referenced it in the Data Gathering thread, but I prefer to keep my location private rather than post it onto an open map. Is there an option to have the map on own PC?

Congratulations to Cmdr Sileo!
though the notification might have been more appropriate in the Surface Features thread, but I see the reason for posting it here. Hopefully FD will take note and give us something similar as part of the Beyond update in Q1; we’ve been asking for decent surface exploration support for a long time now. I had looked at Extool when Cmdr LCU No Fool Like One referenced it in the Data Gathering thread, but I prefer to keep my location private rather than post it onto an open map. Is there an option to have the map on own PC?

Something similar to the wave scanner on the SRV would have been good. Something just appearing if you scan a planet with the advanced discovery scanner would be too easy.

Thanks to op and contributors to the search. Had a quite enjoyable tour of the INRA bases which filled my lazy hungover Sunday perfectly.

More of this please FD.

Top Bottom