Experimental Equipment/Weapons

I am not Elite in anything (explorer I am pioneer) so gimballed AX weapons will make things a lot better.
But will do a 4th try to hunt a Thargoid Interceptor, now I have a 6D Fighter Hangar to make things a little easier... and as far as I've seen in videos, I will use all 4 fixed 2E AX Multicannon (more dps, and Hearts are easy to hit if ship are near enough - even for me).
If I put Thargoid Interceptor in less than 350m, sure I can hit with fixed weapons!

Multicannons are meant to hit parts (hearts), not to reduce the hull. You use the missiles for that.
Having many multicanonns at close rage in fixed racks means you will spread your damage in a higher area (depending on your weapons placements), not focus fire on a heart, which is what you need.

Me I´m hunting in wing the Thargoids with a cobra armed with 1 ax missile, 1 ax multicannon and x2 beam lasers (for the emergency thargoid shields).

Moving on.. let's talk about the Glitter Gun - aka AX Remote Flak.

Finally got around to trying these things out - what a trip.
A bit hard to get use to but loads of fun, just wish they either had more ammo or did about 10% more damage.
Can't say how effective they are against Thargoids - I've never seen one, but against NPC's... they're a riot.

Aside from resembling a rather impressive fireworks shell, they do pack a nice punch. Eagles and Sidewinders just go away, and Cobras and Vipers turn tail and run real fast - which makes them even more fun to shoot in the face from behind. Haven't had a chance to try them against fighters, but I'm sure they'll drop like flies too. If only they had more rounds... or even a synth recipe...

A delightful half-baked implementation.

It also has a distinctive class 2 cannon-like muzzle break. Personally I doubt we'll ever get lasers, since that would circumvent the ammo limitation. Plus, how can you deliver the AX compound via laser beam?

This is why I want Rail Guns. Punch all the way through the s while delivering poison throughout. Dare I dream of multiple heart hits?

Anyone know where to find the Shutdown Field Neutralizer? I've checked Alcazar's Hope and Blackmount Habitation but it isn't there. All they have for experimental utility mounts is the Xeno Scanner.

https://eddb.io/station

Did you try using that tool to find the closest place to buy it? It's not always 100%, but it's better than random roaming.

Thanks! I didn't know that the third-party sites had the 2.4 stuff yet. Good to know that they do.

Damn, the closest port to the Pleiades with the SFN is Landis Hub in 49 Arietis, 177 LY from Merope. Time for my errand-running 42 LY Asp to earn its pay for the week, I guess.

Has anyone ever noticed that the graphics in the outfitting screen when browsing AX weapons show the new larger variants we're getting tomorrow instead of the medium versions we have now?

maxresdefault.jpg

unknown.png

Deleted member 103587

D
I've read that the AX Multi cannons and the AX missiles don't do anything to shields.
So my AX Fer de Lance is useless against human ships?

To clarify, I'm a combat pilot in this game, and I usually own NPCs in high conflict zones. Now I can't even get more than 3 kills in a LOW combat zone without retreating in my fully engineered Class A FDL.

My load out is one level 3 fixed dumb fire AX missile launcher, & three Level 2 fixed AX multi-cannons.

As I always say, it's fixed weapons or forget it, and yet these high velocity pieces of metal are doing NOTHING for me in combat.

I'm trying to figure out if it's my imagination, or just really stupid nerfing on FDev's part.

According to data I've found around the interwebs, the AX weapons systems are much more powerful when compared to the human variants. It's quantifiable, they numbers are MUCH better.

I mean, the trade off is that you can't engineer them at all, because they're "experimental", right? So WHY DON'T THEY WORK?

It's not like I can store weapons modules in my empty cargo hold, get out and install the correct weapons systems when they're about to be needed.

#FDevFixYourSHHT

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read that the AX Multi cannons and the AX missiles don't do anything to shields.
So my AX Fer de Lance is useless against human ships?

To clarify, I'm a combat pilot in this game, and I usually own NPCs in high conflict zones. Now I can't even get more than 3 kills in a LOW combat zone without retreating in my fully engineered Class A FDL.

My load out is one level 3 fixed dumb fire AX missile launcher, & three Level 2 fixed AX multi-cannons.

As I always say, it's fixed weapons or forget it, and yet these high velocity pieces of metal are doing NOTHING for me in combat.

I'm trying to figure out if it's my imagination, or just really stupid nerfing on FDev's part.

According to data I've found around the interwebs, the AX weapons systems are much more powerful when compared to the human variants. It's quantifiable, they numbers are MUCH better.

I mean, the trade off is that you can't engineer them at all, because they're "experimental", right? So WHY DON'T THEY WORK?

It's not like I can store weapons modules in my empty cargo hold, get out and install the correct weapons systems when they're about to be needed.

#FDevFixYourSHHT

Have you tried it yourself?

AX multicannons should work fine against regular shields. All missiles are rubbish against shields. AX multicannons certainly work fine on Thargoid shields when they throw them up, and regular weapons work fine on Thargoid shields too.

Deleted member 103587

D
Have you tried it yourself?

AX multicannons should work fine against regular shields. All missiles are rubbish against shields. AX multicannons certainly work fine on Thargoid shields when they throw them up, and regular weapons work fine on Thargoid shields too.
Of course I've tried them, as fully explained above. I'd do more damage throwing snowballs at the enemy ships. My question is "How is this trash justified?". Why are AX weapons great against Thargoids but completely useless against human ships?

Of course I've tried them, as fully explained above. I'd do more damage throwing snowballs at the enemy ships. My question is "How is this trash justified?". Why are AX weapons great against Thargoids but completely useless against human ships?

Of course this is intentionally. The fun in a game often comes from making choices. You can choose a perfect alien build but then you're vulnerable for normal enemies. When you could do everything its boring ;)

Can someone tell me when we can expecte to see seeker AX missiles?

FDEV has already released two cinematics featuring guided AX missiles, yet AX weapons started became almost pointless with the release of the guardian gauss, that dwarfs even the plasma charger in efficency vs. thargoids.

edit:
also, the AX Remote release Flak could get the same treatment as the flechette, getting twice as much ammo.
for a weapon that only works against a single thing ingame, it could get a buff...

Last edited:
So I found some Tech Broker that unlocks Enzyme Missile Rack (fixed), shock cannon (fixed, gimb., turreted) and remote release flechette launcher (fixed, turreted).

They need various materials I have not encoutered yet:

Ion Distributors
Power Tranfer Bus
Power Converter
Thargoid Organic Circuitry

The fixed Flechette Launcher would be available with "only" :
40 Iron, 36 Molybdenum, 28 Rhenium, 32 Germanium, 8 CMM Composite.

I am aware Rhenium is one of the new mineable ores. Although I have never seen it yet, do you people have evidence it exists? If yes the Flechette Launcher should be available at selected Tech Brokers. Is this old news? Or is it new like it is for me?

What about the other materials? Can we find some of them somewhere?

Last edited:
So I found some Tech Broker that unlocks Enzyme Missile Rack (fixed), shock cannon (fixed, gimb., turreted) and remote release flechette launcher (fixed, turreted).

They need various materials I have not encoutered yet:

Ion Distributors
Power Tranfer Bus
Power Converter
Thargoid Organic Circuitry

The fixed Flechette Launcher would be available with "only" :
40 Iron, 36 Molybdenum, 28 Rhenium, 32 Germanium, 8 CMM Composite.

I am aware Rhenium is one of the new mineable ores. Although I have never seen it yet, do you people have evidence it exists? If yes the Flechette Launcher should be available at selected Tech Brokers. Is this old news? Or is it new like it is for me?

What about the other materials? Can we find some of them somewhere?

3 first are commidities.
last one can be found on thargoid sentimel from my souvenir that are in thargoid base.

So this tech is around for some time now? Seems I missed news about these weapons. All I knew about was the Gauss and the Guardian Plasma until now.

Thanks for the heads up, anyway.

Top Bottom