News Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (18.01.2018) - Part 2 Recap

Is rethinking limpet controller prevalence on the board anywhere? With the addition of the decontamination and now the recon controller the list keeps growing. Seeing as all these modules do is program a limpet can we not just give 1 controller limpet multiple modes we can choose from with boot up times etc? I understand the desire to fulfill a loadout but it's getting a little silly considering how simple/basic some of the limpet tasks are.

Nice improvements!

Can you make use of the detailed surface scanner on the improved planets to find some hotspots with lots of materials (one can dream)? If I am searching for a specific material I will rather look at the stats in the galaxy map before I actually fly there and visually proof if it is really a metal rich planet. So in short: how does it effect the gameplay? (still a better look DOES effect my ambition to land on the nice shiny surface)
Is trading overall still a thing when I can take a wing mission to haul cargo with better payment?

I've got some questions regarding the new interaction mechanics with megaships:

1- It looks promising! It can't wait to try it out (not a question, I know)

2- Is this new stuff only for megaships with no landing pads, or also for dockable ones?

3- Will these actions negatively affect the faction that controls the megaship (by reducing influence or triggerig a lockdown for instance)?

4- Will we have missions to pirate megaships? (for instance, "Steal 10 tons of gold from mining vessel Vulcano").

I've got some questions regarding the new interaction mechanics with megaships:

1- It looks promising! It can't wait to try it out (not a question, I know)

2- Is this new stuff only for megaships with no landing pads, or also for dockable ones?

3- Will these actions negatively affect the faction that controls the megaship (by reducing influence or triggerig a lockdown for instance)?

4- Will we have missions to pirate megaships? (for instance, "Steal 10 tons of gold from mining vessel Vulcano").

To which I'd like to add: will Outposts also get these interaction mechanics? The stream mentioned adding these interactions to installations, but outposts have interesting models with lots of places to add interactivity to as well.

To which I'd like to add: will Outposts also get these interaction mechanics? The stream mentioned adding these interactions to installations, but outposts have interesting models with lots of places to add interactivity to as well.

Ah yes, I completely forgot about undockable installations. I hope planetary bases get some love too.

I love what you're doing, TRULY. These changes coming get me so hyped I can barely stand it. These live streams are very disorganised tho, seem very unstructured.

Great work tho, Devs!

This all looks amazing. I have a couple questions, though:

* Will we be able to tell from the new trade data interfaces how much stock a place actually has? Trade CGs tend to run the stations in the immediate vicinity dry to the point that they only have single digits of stock on hand at a station. It'd be nice to be able to know whether I'm wasting my time without having to go there or rely on possibly out-of-date data from EDDB.
* Will we be able to screen the galaxy map for more than one commodity at a time? Trade CGs often allow you to deliver more than one specific commodity, and searching through the galaxy map repeatedly for each commodity would just be an extra layer of unnecessary work.
* Just for clarification, will the trade profit data we see be based on when we last docked there or when we pull up that data?
* Will the new trade profit data be at all implemented into the API, so sites like EDDB can use them? If so, what action would trigger the update?

Thanks in advance. Really looking forward to this!

Hello, is the Trade Data retroactive or do we have to dock/beacon scan each systems again to collect the Trade Data?

I’m gonna say something very unpopular: the new trading system looks really amazing, a much enriched gameplay mechanics that makes trading deeper and more fun. I deeply appreciate the work that has gone into it. But now you need to make it more profitable. And since the prices of commodities or the cargo capacity of ships cannot be changed, this means nerf those unreasonably lucrative passenger missions!! — or find some other magic way to balance payouts.

I know that they are everyone's favourite cash fountain, but they are actually ruining pretty much every other money-making activity in the game. It’s a fact. People might be hostile to this because they want easy money, but it’s indisputable that the cash per hour of passenger missions is far, far, far higher than any other activity, including trading. I would really like to enjoy using the new trading tools, and I would like all this work not go to waste. But if the best trade route still pays a fraction of one Beluga-full of passengers taken one system over I, like many others, might still be tempted to save a LOT of time and just do one more passenger trip.

Please consider this. The game mechanic is now intrinsically enjoyable, but you also need to give some “endgame” incentive, or it will not be as successful as it deserves to be.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
They already fully utilize the 2.2 material system. Have you not been to one? They are very colorful.

Hmm I must be going to the wrong ones then as they look really bland, especially in comparison to what was shown tonight.

*Reads the market data improvement and raises hands to the sky*

About time Fdevs, now the trading activity is in line with every other 4x game released in the last decade.
Best part of the update imo.

I love what you're doing, TRULY. These changes coming get me so hyped I can barely stand it. These live streams are very disorganised tho, seem very unstructured.

Great work tho, Devs!

Nope. They’re rehearsed and practised. Working with live builds often throws unforeseen problems our way. Also - we are all very busy, so if they ever seem unprepared it’s because we’re all working very hard right up to the point these go live. Thanks.

This update was one of the greatest I have ever seen. And its not even over yet.

Holy smokes. They are killing memes, EDDB style 3rd party tools. Stuff in the game. Galnet audio coming too. And thats just the beginning.

New weapons, changing some meta. PVP is gonna be fun. More grind. Meh, its ok.

Identity for pirating. Giving a meaning for attacking other players. Bounty hunters, Pirates hunting pirates. Good stuff. (how many people going to call this griefing?)

Man really happy with these changes. And its not even the best ones! Keep killing those memes Fdev. Way to go!

Glad you’re excited. Seeing lots of positivity here. Will pass it all on to the hard-working devs. Thanks!

Top Bottom