Patch Notes Update Beyond 3.0 Beta 2 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Brokers trade in a category of mats, you'll still have to mine for mats to trade for other mining mats...
Or get them from planet surfaces - that's almost certainly faster than for any but the "very common" raw materials, and planets show what materials they have on a scan whereas ring systems don't, so they're easier to track down.

I know, but my point was if you don't like either, you still have to do them and brokers don't really fix that. They help, but since there's no crossover between types, I can't do "just the one thing I like" to get all my mats.

Nice changes !
But as long as the grind for enginners is so long, I will not do them !
I have a full time job and grinding some materials for weeks/months is to boring and I'de like to spend my free time on a fun game, not a farming game !
Change the grind and this game will be a lot better for everyone !

I agree with that.

I know, but my point was if you don't like either, you still have to do them and brokers don't really fix that. They help, but since there's no crossover between types, I can't do "just the one thing I like" to get all my mats.
True. Data - not necessarily the right data, but something tradable - you can get just by flying about scanning the ships in supercruise on the way to your destination. Manufactured materials you can get - for trade, at least - from almost every activity, though some are better than others. Raw materials could maybe use an extra source or two beyond mining or SRVing ... perhaps putting a few back on to the mission rewards list?

If you go to get an upgrade from anywhere then you would buy this service and you would get everything supplied....this should be an option, for people...don’t make it cheap, but I should be an option available....

...,don’t get me wrong off people want to mine and get the mats then Kool, go for it...

I am really looking forward to the new mining mechanics, I get to blast the asteroids to pieces as well as the miners ! Hopefully with added persistence so I can work on clearing out a space for my secret base in the Xihe system.

I am really looking forward to the new mining mechanics, I get to blast the asteroids to pieces as well as the miners ! Hopefully with added persistence so I can work on clearing out a space for my secret base in the Xihe system.

Which isn't secret anymore now... :D

Well if its a late release, FD must be tweaking the nuts off of the base code.

I am actually starting to hope. I was worried that my pet worry about the secondaries and grandfathering would require too much time for Frontier to sort out. But, the longer this wait goes on, the more I'm starting to hope...

Yep me too, hence my earlier post...

The awesome looking images of the planet surfaces being readied for Q4 have also got me interested in the new rock formations, hopefully allowing new types of prospecting (read dropping mines including the exploding types !). Any chance of a prospecting fighter fdev ? Maybe with surface scanners that can tag stuff ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom