GUARDIAN PUZZLE SOLVED? synuefe eu-q c21-10

Ok so i went to the guardian site at the location stated above in the title, there are some sort of energy pylons located around the base, 6 to be exact. shooting at one will cause a timer to start, however what you ned to do is shoot at them continuously until they are fully charged. there are 3 located pretty close to each other in the middle of the base, those should be easy enough to find, the other 3 are located at areas around obvious points of interest at the base ( i would create a diagram if anyone has an image of the whole base). once all 6 pylons have been activated a small hole will open up in the main courtyard in front of the structure which is the shape of an ancient relic, drop one from your srv whilst above the hole and the data bank will open up, i haven't done much with it other than scan it however and the area becomes filled with sentinels, because of this and the fact i did it about 10 minutes ago more research is needed, and i apologise for this not being the clearest set of instructions. if i am the first to discover this i shall create a better set to help people replicate it. images below

https://imgur.com/a/luuTS - courtyard area with pylons (countdown already started)

https://imgur.com/a/PvRn5 - charged pylon after being shot repeatedly

https://imgur.com/a/eO2i6 - ancient data terminal once all the pylons are charged and ancient relic is placed in the hole

XnkxTKl.jpg

Getting behind terrain and firing 'hull down' from the turret view helps. Though watch out for when they look like they are 'charging up' something. Its a mortar-type attack that will fire over terrain.

How is this a "puzzle" I mean... if its a puzzle then FDev have been slacking

Arrived at one of the sites this morning having carefully avoided spoilers (like properly reading the OP of this thread) and I failed to "solve" it so it's kind of a puzzle ... as in ... what the hell am I supposed to do here. I did waste about 20 mins driving around in tiny circles trying to locate the source of a strange knocking sound and eventually activated 3 of the 6 pillars but, since I had no idea there were 6, got a bit flumoxed at that point.

Everyone I speak to seems to think we are going to team up with the Guardians to whup the Thargoids, but since all we can do is shoot stuff (Like with the Thargoids), then a team-up seems unlikely, are we sure Humanity can handle two enemies at once?

Arrived at one of the sites this morning having carefully avoided spoilers (like properly reading the OP of this thread) and I failed to "solve" it so it's kind of a puzzle ... as in ... what the hell am I supposed to do here. I did waste about 20 mins driving around in tiny circles trying to locate the source of a strange knocking sound and eventually activated 3 of the 6 pillars but, since I had no idea there were 6, got a bit flumoxed at that point.

THANK GOD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE HEARING THE KNOCKING SOUND! I was like "WHERE THE HELL IS IT?!"

actually the guardians will attack you without provocation, you just have to be in the area and the guardian sentinels will attack you

THANK GOD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE HEARING THE KNOCKING SOUND! I was like "WHERE THE HELL IS IT?!"

<Vincent Price voice>
The knocking? Oh, that's just Edgar. We don't speak about Edgar anymore. Not since the, um, "accident" with the new weapons we were developing. We just keep him behind that very large door. Oh, don't worry; he's quite harmless, really. Well, for the most part, anyway.
</Vincent Price voice>

Those sentinels, are they any big trouble?

Alone, not so much. Their primary weapon can be a little obnoxious by flipping and bouncing your SRV around, but it's generally not so bad.

In a group of 4 or 5 though, they can inflict some serious pain.

And, of course, if you land your ship near by they seem to love to fire missiles at it instead of at you. If you're shielded with something more than a layer of plastic wrap you should be in good shape though.

I spent the better part of an hour just driving around the first site I came to, looking at everything in it's default undisturbed state. Had to fend off a few Sentinels, but was able to locate all the pillars. Once located, it didn't take long to figure out they were pretty much like Data Points - gotta power 'em all before time runs out. Then it's one more step, which should be fairly obvious to "solve" the puzzle.

If you actually get stuck on this, catch me in-game and I'll be glad to help.

with the puzzle beeing so easy - it looks like its optimised to be farmed in a wing of 4 commanders

3 for the spread out pillars, and one that does the central 3 + scanning

everyone relog, spawn and fend off the sentinels, activate the pillars,
rinse and repeat until everyone has the required 22 weapon blueprints to unlock all three weapons...

right?

Top Bottom