Mining Ignore list could be improved

Firstly, I love the ignore list!

However...

I notice that my Sulphur is maxed out and my little space-ants are still picking it up and waiting for who knows what.

Suggestion: if your materials are maxed out, put them on the ignore list until there is space again.

Cheers

PS: Well done for the latest update, it's fantastic!

Yep, this is an awesome addition, but...

Since you cannot select a material in your Inventory panel and change its collection status, or change it via the Materials Trader screen when you exchange some of the ones that are full for something else, the only time and place you can change this ignore setting is while you're in the field with such item within scan range.

Either: Make this setting automatic:
Collect until full and stop, then automatically start collecting again when any less than full.

Or: Make these options accessible regardless of whether or not there's one nearby

Also: I don't want to collect illegal salvage, regardless of what it is - single switch option.

I'd like to add to this thread that the UI for adding materials/commodities to the ignore list is suboptimal, and actively dangerous in combat. The feature introduces (propagates) a difference in behaviour in contact list entries; the ones which take a single button press to target, and the ones which require two button presses to target - one to open the 'context' menu, and one to select the first 'lock target' item in that menu. This increases pilot mental workload to target a specific contact in combat. Prior to 3.0, the only contacts with this popup menu behaviour were starports/settlements, and it is rare that combat happens in this environment.

My preferred solution would be to introduce a new UI action 'menu' activated using secondary fire or a different button to show these menus, and have the existing 'UI select' only target contacts.

I'd like to add to this thread that the UI for adding materials/commodities to the ignore list is suboptimal, and actively dangerous in combat. The feature introduces (propagates) a difference in behaviour in contact list entries; the ones which take a single button press to target, and the ones which require two button presses to target - one to open the 'context' menu, and one to select the first 'lock target' item in that menu. This increases pilot mental workload to target a specific contact in combat. Prior to 3.0, the only contacts with this popup menu behaviour were starports/settlements, and it is rare that combat happens in this environment.

My preferred solution would be to introduce a new UI action 'menu' activated using secondary fire or a different button to show these menus, and have the existing 'UI select' only target contacts.

And yeah, good point about an annoying change. Preferred it better before, might be best to remove all that additional post 3.0 stuff from the Contacts panel and move it somewhere else with more functional options.

And yeah, good point about an annoying change. Preferred it better before, might be best to remove all that additional post 3.0 stuff from the Contacts panel and move it somewhere else with more functional options.

The Inventory tab (Materials + refinery) would be another option, but then you would have to have "zero count" entries to be able to manage collection of those types.

Top Bottom