If you could ask the Thargoids to attack your faction...

Would you?

I mean, Thargoids are in the bubble, and already a player faction or two have been hit. What if the FD community team reached out to the group leaders and asked "Hey, we want to intensify attacks in the bubble, but don't want to inadvertently step on anyones toes doing the BGS*. We can target NPCs just fine, but would also like to hit some player factions to foster some community spirit and even sow some chaos, and so we're looking for factions to volunteer to become "victims" over time". Would you put your player faction up for that?

We'd put ours up.

When we put in for a Player Faction, we first asked "what if we fail?" and figured that was fine... less/no holdings means a broader remit for disruptive activities... we'd go from being a multi-system imperial dictatorship to a guerilla military outfit. Having your station attacked and Thargoids spawning in your systems is disruptive, but it's also a chance to get in the spotlight somewhat, request assistance from the community and generally create interest in your area of the galaxy.

So, would you do it?

* WRT stepping on toes, I've never seen the BGS is an entirely fair game of chess, so to speak. The hand of god that is FD, player community goal requests, galnet articles are all ways to get an "upper hand" in what's ultimately a narrative driven, rather than (imo) a competition-driven environment. I've always expected ingame events to impact player-factions at some point, for good or bad, and just figure that should be naturally expected. For example, I'd personally, I'd love to run a CG that might see my faction (which currently controls around 10 systems) seize another 10 in a multi-system war, or lose it all, depending on which way the player base supports the event.

I'm not expecting a call from them for permission. It's their game...and we are just playing in it. If the player groups are in the path of destruction...so be it...it's up to the player groups to gather their friends and fight the problem....currently, no word has gone out about this issue. When it does...it will be up to player groups to gather their support for each other...or help the Thargoids in their rampage...

We were told 'winter is coming' last year...maybe we will see this happen shortly!

I'm not expecting a call from them for permission. It's their game...and we are just playing in it. If the player groups are in the path of destruction...so be it...it's up to the player groups to gather their friends and fight the problem....currently, no word has gone out about this issue. When it does...it will be up to player groups to gather their support for each other...or help the Thargoids in their rampage...

We were told 'winter is coming' last year...maybe we will see this happen shortly!

Totally. I would love that. Though given past reactions to interventions by FD you can be sure some would get their noses out of joint over it.

I would not offer, and I am not looking forward to the possibility.

I am a one-man PMF with 50 ports that will span 20 systems in a few days. I would be under significant duress to do rescue ops and repairs for stations damaged virtually alone.

So, no thanks. If I could I would opt-out.

The only saving grace may be my position might be an unlikely region to be hit. Maybe.

I'd be more interested in forming an alliance / truce with one side of the Thargoids. And if that's not possible have at least the technology at hand to disable their EMP shockwave that currently disables entire Stations.

Feeling the need to re-raise this thread, as the latest attack occurred in Irandan against a station owned by Sirius Inc, another player-faction. I know a couple Sirius Inc people hang round here, but to me seems like FD are going with the "If you're in the line of fire, so be it" path.

Goody goody!

Feeling the need to re-raise this thread, as the latest attack occurred in Irandan against a station owned by Sirius Inc, another player-faction. I know a couple Sirius Inc people hang round here, but to me seems like FD are going with the "If you're in the line of fire, so be it" path.

Goody goody!
Is that line heading for Sol?

What would be fun, would be if the Thargoids could be directed to attack certain places.

This could be achieved by:

1. When a station in a system close enough to the Thargoid attack area is repaired with meta-alloys after being UA bombed, the BGS generates USS in the system with UAs.
2. Delivering UAs from a system to the lightshow in a Thargoid base has a small cumulative chance of that system being invaded by Thargoids.

Which player factions have been hit by the Thargoids? I’ve been looking for it But can’t deem to find it. That stuff should be made public so that people can come to help out. Maybe there is a place this stuff is compiled at and I just can’t find it.

edit: just to be clear. We arent talking about thargoid interference. That’s something different and is caused by humans delivering thargoid stuff back to human space. I am asking for the factions that have stations shut down from a thargoid attack.

Last edited:
I would like to point them towards attacking other people's factions :D
Naughty Marra! That's so typical of you.

- Wait, that's not Marra.
Kari - I'm shocked, that's hardly sentiments befitting an upstanding Lady of the Empire in the Service of Loren.

@Jane Turner That's hardly Comrade-ly.

@Jmanis We go hit a bunch of times. We fought them off in a few systems and that was cool (did half my Dangerous Rank killing scouts). But we didn't oppose enough and a few stations got hit hard.
Now the AEDC have this ongoing operation - repairing the damaged stations. A couple of AEDC folk have finished out their trade Elites hauling Indium and whatever. The numbers pile high. I haven't done much for it yet, maybe this weekend. No wait - I think there's another war for control kicking off tonight. I'll be back in the death Krait again.

Naughty Marra! That's so typical of you.

- Wait, that's not Marra.
Kari - I'm shocked, that's hardly sentiments befitting an upstanding Lady of the Empire in the Service of Loren.

Like their patron, it would be hard to describe Loren's Legion as Imperial loyalists!

Many of us have splintered off into Loren's Reapers, pursuing a libertarian agenda in Colonia. Sod the Empire and the other two!

Like their patron, it would be hard to describe Loren's Legion as Imperial loyalists!

Many of us have splintered off into Loren's Reapers, pursuing a libertarian agenda in Colonia. Sod the Empire and the other two!

Secretary, Loren's Reapers [LRCV]
Liberators of Carcosa and Robardin Rock
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Wait - you've taken a secretarial position out in the boonies with an agricultural company?
Well, I hope you sort out those splinters, and don't tread on any snakes while you're out ploughing er, sowing, er harvesting, er I mean reaping.
AHZw1xS.png

Well, I say "we" but I don't think anyone at the AEDC want's to get involved in anything out in Colonia. Especially not me.
I'm just not into the libertarian thing. I like rule of law and infrastructure. Checks and balances - parliaments and senate estimates committees. Taxes not charities. Public Health, and nationalised electricity grids. Legislation not "code of conduct". Boring - but hey, that's how I roll.

Last edited:
Top Bottom