Galaxy map - please combine multiple filters

Currently in beyond the galaxy map can only filter systems using one filter, either by state,security,government,services,etc.
Whilst this is a good start it really doesn’t reduce the number of systems to a manage level when looking for anarchy systems with military economies for example.

What would be great would be the ability to combine several of these filters so you can easily locate the systems you need

Yea

Would be nice to not have to go to eddb.io to find things I could find with a in game tool. But yes lots of things could be improved with simply more data or better filters on the in game tool.

Agreed, want pharmaceutical isolators, then you need outbreak and Independent or alliance or anarchy. Let us filter both state and allegiance.

Of course 3rd party tools can do it, but would be great to be able to quickly do it in game.

Currently in beyond the galaxy map can only filter systems using one filter, either by state,security,government,services,etc.
Whilst this is a good start it really doesn’t reduce the number of systems to a manage level when looking for anarchy systems with military economies for example.

What would be great would be the ability to combine several of these filters so you can easily locate the systems you need

absolutely needed. I've no idea why the filters were implemented as radio buttons instead of checkboxes or a single dropdown with checkboxes instead of a multiselect dropdown with checkboxes

+ 1 This is absolutely necessary given the complexity of data that CMDRs need to source from the galaxy map. We would also need a 'reset filters' button if this was implemented.

absolutely needed. I've no idea why the filters were implemented as radio buttons instead of checkboxes or a single dropdown with checkboxes instead of a multiselect dropdown with checkboxes

I agree a drop down would be better design.

Did they add this? I wouldn't have caught it if they put it in.

No, nothing about the filter controls has changed recently.

eddb.io is your friend in the absence of game logic ;)

EDDB is great but doesn't help if I'm looking for e.g. B-class stars that I haven't visited. Or any query that combines system properties (star class, gov't type, state, etc) with market data (which are station properties).

hopefully if the commodity and nav-panels got a revamp as a QOL for this first update,

then I hope (and pray) for the Galaxymap, system map, orrery map, planetary map, fss and surface scan can be revamped on the next QOL updates.

It should be one system and interface.
So filtering by trade/services at the galaxy map level, remain on-screen when drilling down to the system level and then surface level.
Outfitting, black market, shipyard, should be services!!
Systems should have the "tabbed" contacts-list of stations and bases.
So those filtered black market stations are easy to spot,
or planetary bodies with polonium......

The FSS should be baked into the system maps as a 3rd view, so you can piece together the system and scans and watch it grow and fill out and tab between the views,
or see the contacts list grown, and then pick out things you want to visit.
Toggles to have planetary models or wireframe in the orrery view.

Bookmarks locations
tags to group and filter by.
Planetary co-ordinate settlement bookmarks.

Bookmarked routes.
add location, remove location, drag and drop locations up/down in the list.
Right-click on body in the maps and have "add to current (new) route" or add to an existing route.
Effectively think any playlist interface.

Yeah a bunch of us have asked for this one now, still surprised it hasn’t been implemented...

But the way the ‘services’ tab was recently introduced shows that FD have absolutely no intention of making its players lives easier or more logical.

I went totally nuts over that one, why go to the trouble of implementing the thing and then rendering it useless by limiting it to within 20ly/only visited systems or whatever nonsense it’s governed by...😤

There’s not even an explanation/tooltip for the services tab that explains how it works! Most of us thought it was broke or a placeholder when it first came out. Then came some rubbish about it being part of our ‘personal journey’ or some 🐎 💩...

Last edited:
Top Bottom