Double neutron stars close together

Near Colonia found a system center a Black Hole, B and C stars are Neutron Stars, close together cca. 10 ls.

1jKLLjck2F2jYdc12
fV8Jen
fV8Jen
[video=youtube_share;bRWQbDt_L2s]https://youtu.be/bRWQbDt_L2s[/video]

I wouldn't have believed it was possible, thanks for sharing. Looked like you go too close to scan teh second one before getting scooped up!
Why'd you have to get in so close to scan? I'd have thought they'd be picked up alot sooner.

I wouldn't have believed it was possible, thanks for sharing. Looked like you go too close to scan teh second one before getting scooped up!
Why'd you have to get in so close to scan? I'd have thought they'd be picked up alot sooner.

I don't know why, the scanning begins only when I was 5 ls away from the star. For the second scan I try to avoid the cones, fly over them, and taking pictures.
fV8Jen

20180321005645_1.jpg

Scanning range is based on object size, not mass (or luminosity), with a hard lower limit of 5 Ls distance. Means that every scannable astronomical body gets scanned from 5 Ls, no matter if they are a couple hundred km radius lumps of rock/ice or a couple dozen km radius stellar remnants.
IIRC 500 km radius is quite close to the 5 Ls scanning range and 70000+ km radius objects can be scanned from over 1000 Ls away.

The scanning range can be greatly improved with engineering a Detailed Surface Scanner.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
it's possible , you start the jump sequence while in the jet. search youtube neutron double jump
no idea if it still works.

Top Bottom