Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Presents: The Galaxy's End: A Buckyball Pub Crawl (28th April to 13th May)

NY6YtAp.png

[SIZE=+2]RUN SUBMISSION FORM[/SIZE]

Nothing beats a good pub crawl, since the dawn of time it seems as though humanity has enjoyed the experience of staggering from one bar to the next with a group of friends, having a merry time and finishing up with a plate of spicy food or dancing the night away in a club - or perhaps unconscious in a pool of their own vomit while their mates upload photos on GalNet!

Sadly in the early thirty-fourth century the very best drinks are closely guarded secrets, only available outside their own systems for prices of up to 17,000 credits per glass!

So for a really good pub crawl, the only option for non-billionaires in to visit bars in different systems, and one really good pub crawl is the "Glorious Golden Kylie" visiting the bars of the home systems of seven of the galaxy's finest beverages, as well as four more rough-and-ready space-bars and finishing up in the famous curry house The Galaxy's End in Roddenberry Gateway / Ochoeng, where they serve many traditional ales as well as the Total Annihilation Vindaloo, laced with so many Ochoeng chillies that it is almost certainly the hottest curry in the galaxy.

A little too hot for you? Then maybe try a Smiling Dog Jalfrezi - not as hot as the Total Annihilation, but still spicy enough to bring salty tears to any commander's eyes.

The only trouble is that the Glorious Golden Kylie is obviously around a thousand light years long, so unfortunately that means either paying for a space-taxi (preferably a fast one!) or picking a designated pilot!

For this event your task is to act as the designated pilot for your mates (boo!), set off from Rebuy Prospect with a bunch of friends and a load of Buckyball Beer Mats (to hand out to Buckyball fans en-route), fly into the bubble and get your mates in and out of every bar along the Glorious Golden Kylie as quickly as possible - once you get to The Galaxy's End in Ochoeng you can sit back and enjoy a pint and a curry (not to mention a few extra drinks you've picked up along the route).

Buckyball Fans!
This will be the first BRC event to be run since FD's secret 3.0.5.1 update, which added Buckyball fans to the game.
While flying between waypoints in the race you'll be able to recognise Buckyball fans from their catchphrase "I've come a long way for what's in your hold." There's nothing a Buckyball fan likes more than being given a few Buckyball Beer Mats, but you need at least eight tons to complete the race, so you might like to carry a few extra with you to dish out to fans along the route. Otherwise you probably want to avoid these groupies if at all possible, they tend to get angry if they can't have their souvenir beer mats.

The unauthorised installation in Rahu is a particular favourite meet up spot for Buckyball fans - that's why we're giving the place a fly through - there's so many Buckyball fans around here that they won't be happy unless they get ALL your Beer mats! So best get in and out of there as quickly as possible.

[size=+2]PROVISIONAL FINAL STANDINGS[/size]

ETQHhD2.png

h5nPM4z.png

[size=+2]RACE RULES AND REGULATIONS[/size]
Rules:

• Start at Rebuy Prospect in Fullerene C60 with at least eight tons of Buckyball Beer Mats in your hold.
  • Visit in any order the eleven destinations listed as The Glorious Golden Kylie below.
  • At each of the seven rare stations sell one ton of Buckyball Beer Mats and buy one ton of the listed rare commodity.
  • If the faction state at the station means that the rare drink isn't available ("Oh no! The bar's closed!"), then keep the beer mats and trade two tons of mats for two tons of booze at the next station.
  • At each of the three space-bar installations take screenshot in front of one of the Lavian Brandy billboards - optionally drop off one ton of Beer Mats for the local Buckyball fans.
  • At the unregistered outpost installation take screenshots as you blast through TWO separate tunnels - optionally drop off one ton of Beer Mats for the local Buckyball fans.
  • Finish the race at Roddenberry Gateway in Ochoeng, with at least eight tons of rares in the hold, including one ton of Beer Mats.

After the race:
  • Enjoy the curry.
  • Optionally, on the way back to the start line visit Nowak Orbital in Kachirigin for some Kachirigin Filter Leeches, the best hangover cure in the galaxy. :)

[size=+2]The Glorious Golden Kylie[/size]
Stations:
  • Hart Station in Bast - RARE: Bast Snake Gin
  • Mansfield Orbiter in Epsilon Indi - RARE: Indi Bourbon
  • Azeban City in Eranin - RARE: Erarin Pearl Whisky
  • Laplace Ring in Kongga - RARE: Kongga Ale
  • Lave Station in Lave - RARE: Lavian Brandy
  • George Lucas in Leesti - RARE: Leestian Evil Juice
  • Kingsbury Dock in Thrutis - RARE: Thrutis Cream
Civilian Installations:
  • 11 Parsecs near HIP 110028 6
  • Civilian Installation near Thrutis A 2
  • DaMorgs Bar and BBQ near Wangal A 5
Unauthorised Installation:
  • Unauthorised Installation near Rahu 1

[size=+2]Optional Bonuses:[/size]

• Another Round?
    Receive up to three minutes of bonus time for taking a screenshot parked by a second Lavian Brandy billboard (1 minute per screenshot, one bonus per space-bar) at any of the three space-bar installations.
  • Down the Hatch!
    Receive up to two minutes of bonus time for fly-throughs of additional tunnels at the unregistered outpost in Rahu (one minute per tunnel, up to two extra tunnels - so four tunnels in total). I'd prefer video evidence of this if possible, to show that different tunnels were used.
    These tunnels do not all need to different, but you cannot use the same tunnel twice in a row.
  • It's A Giveaway!
    Receive up to ten minutes of bonus time for delivering extra beer mats to Buckyball fans at the installations. One minute bonus per screenshot if the "cargo canister jettisoned" message is displayed in your installation evidence screenshot (or your video shows you jettisoned at the correct point).
    So you can jettison one canister while stationary in front of a Lavian Brandy billboard at a space-bar installation and one per tunnel while flying though the unauthorised outpost in Rahu (no need to be stationary). Don't forget to save enough beer mats to finish the race!
    This bonus stacks with the extra billboard / tunnel selfies above.
  • Meet and Greet.
    Receive a two minute bonus if you successfully satisfy a Buckyball fan who interdicts you along the route (or scans you at an installation).
    Your screenshot must include the ship's clock and text in the comms window indicating that the Buckyball fan was satisfied by the beer mats that you drop. Once the fan is satisfied you must send the following message to local comms, "Always nice to meet up with Buckyball fans!" This text must appear in the comms window of the evidence screenshot.
    Note: While encountering Buckyball fans during testing, 2-4 tons of Beer mats would probably have satisfied them. Again, don't forget to save enough beer mats to finish the race!
  • The More the Merrier!
    Receive a five minute bonus if you fit four addition economy seats (either one extra class 3E cabin or two class 2E modules).

[size=+2]Purely Optional Experimental Gameplay:[/size]
I'd originally planned for this race to have compulsory passengers on board (via missions), but the difficulty with RNG, required reputation, potential loss of reputation and the small number of passenger seats in a 3E cabin, meant that I left in the cabin requirement, but dropped the need to actually carry passengers.

However for the upcoming Bootlegger Challenge II / Black Riband ongoing event (where all runs are one-offs), I will be including a leaderboard for passenger carrying runs (Little Nuk's Booze Cruise). So if some of you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could grab some passengers and test out my BRC passenger gameplay:

Find a single passenger mission of any type that can fit into your ship's economy seating. Prior to launch take a screenshot of your transactions tab showing that you have a single passenger mission. Then open the mission to display pre-launch passenger satisfaction.
After finishing in Ochoeng, take a final screenshot showing passenger satisfaction.
Your passenger satisfaction will be listed on the main leaderboard if this is your fastest run. Additionally you'll receive a score on a separate leaderboard, scored as follows:
  • Base Score: 5000 points.
  • Every full second less than 90 minutes +1 point
  • Every full second more than 90 minutes -1 point
  • Passenger Satisfaction: Happy +300 points
  • Passenger Satisfaction: Content -60 points
  • Passenger Satisfaction: Unhappy -300 points
  • Passenger Satisfaction: Mission Failed or Empty Cabin -500 points

[size=+2]Race Classes:[/size]
Designated Pilot Class (unlimited):

• Fly a ship of any class (but see compulsory modules below
  • Note that ships larger than a Python probably won't fit through the tunnels in Rahu.
  • Engineering is permitted.
  • FSD Supercharging from non-main sequence stars is permitted.
  • FSD Supercharging from jumponium synthesis is not permitted.
  • Your ship must be fitted with a class 3E (economy) passenger cabin.
  • Your ship must be fitted with at least 8 tons of cargo racks.

Cabbie Class (regulation):

[size=+2]TRAVEL DISTANCES[/size]

XEMzAgJ.png

[size=+2]HOW TO ENTER[/size]
See How to enter on the Buckyball Racing Club homepage for general details on entering the race.

An online submission form will be set up before Friday night.

Only entries made wholly within the period 3304-04-28 00:00:01 to 3304-05-06 23:59:59 server time will be accepted.
EDIT: The race is now extended by one week to 3304-05-13 23:59:59 server time.

Entries can be in any play mode, but joining the regulars in open play is encouraged. :)

Entries must include:
  • Your CMDR name.
  • Your forum name if not the same as your CMDR name.
  • Your ship type.
  • Your ship name.
  • For Cabbie Class: A screenshot of your ship outfitting showing your jump range and cargo capacity.
  • Prior to launch, a screenshot of the commodities market at Rebuy Prospect showing at least 8 tons of Buckyball Beer Mats in your hold.
  • The normal starting screenshot, showing your ship on the pad at Rebuy Prospect, with the station clock visible - THIS IS YOUR START TIME.
  • Landing screenshots on the pad at each of the 7 rares selling stations en-route, each showing the station clock
  • Commodities screenshots at each of the above stations, showing the amount of beer mats you had when you docked (ie before selling 1t to that station)
  • **If no rare booze is available, a screenshot of station services, showing the minor faction state.
  • Screenshots in at least two tunnels of the unregistered outpost in Rahu.
  • Screenshots taken directly in front of at least one Lavian Brandy (or other rare booze) advertising billboard at each on the three space-bar civilian outposts
  • A landed screenshot on the pad at Roddenberry Gateway / Ochoeng, showing the station clock - THIS IS YOUR FINISHING TIME
  • Post race screenshots from the Roddenberry Gateway commodities market showing:
    • At least one ton of Buckyball Beer Mats remaining (to give to race fans at The Galaxy's End).
    • Seven tons of rare booze (unless faction states made this impossible)
    • At least 8 tons of the above cargoes in total.

At no time during the race should you ever be carrying less than 8 tons of rare cargo (except when buying/selling in the commodities market).
Losing rare booze, or selling / dropping too many beer mats and ending up with less than 8 tons in total means that run has failed.

[SIZE=+2]Screenshots[/SIZE]
Screenshots may be taken using the in-game screenshot function (F10 key) or your choice of third-party software. If you are recording a video of your entry you can submit snapshots of individual frames showing each checkpoint.

Please upload your screenshots to a free image hosting service (Imgur.com is ideal), or to a dropbox folder. One album or folder per run please. :)

Alternatively you can submit a link to a video of your race entry. Video recording guides can be found at the links below:

PC: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=320
Xbox: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/capture-game-clips-and-screenshots
PS4: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-record-gameplay-on-a-ps4/

Submit your run / evidence using the link below:

[SIZE=+2]QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:[/SIZE]

• OK, been trying to follow the rules and I just want to double check how we get 10 bonus minutes from installation beer mat distribution. There's 3 installations where we can park next to 2 brandy billboards, dropping a beermat at each for a total of 6. Then there's Rahu where we can fly through up to 4 tunnels, again dropping a beermat in each. That's the 10 right?
    That's correct.
  • Does it have to be brandy adverts, I seem to recall seeing other alchohol related billboards?
    I only noticed Lavian Brandy ads, but there are others then yes - any one/two alcohol related billboards will do.
  • Do we have to drink for real?
    Nope, just flying is fine.
  • Can we drink for real?
    It would be totally irresponsible of the Buckyball Racing Club to encourage binge drinking...
    ...but if you like to binge drink anyway, it could be amusing - please post video to Galnet / Youtube - Just make sure you don't throw up on your HOTAS!
  • Is there going to be a live race?
    I'll see what I can do - unfortunately real-life stuff means that it'll have to be in the final weekend.

Last edited:
I forgot to say (and don't want to make an edit on my phone):

If you declare an intent to race, as well as the usual cmdr name, ship, etc please state your favourite Cornetto flavour.

If they don't have Cornettos where you are (or you hate them) please give the name of your favourite (preferably cone shaped) icy snack. :)

Yay!
P.S. here via massive pub bender (which seems highly appropriate) ... expect drivel in next or r4 posts

So, was cahatting to mate aboute this ... suggest live event taking shots at each port ... vudeo results .., would be hilarious

I’m going to need to see a picture of a real Buckyball beer mat to believ Alec is really out drinking.

Best I can do

rWmO3m2.jpg

funny story .. was due to meet SAGi dude at Wuston cider tap, got stood up (ok, he was ill), actually had beermats in pocket as guft but left in office priot to pub

Oh dear. Your beautiful new race thread and someone appears to have drunk posted all over it. I'm so sorry. If it's any consolation I'm now paying my dues to the hangover gods.

P.S. intent to race ...favourite cornetto? Any that don't have fruit.

If these are the same size tunnels that were used in Tunnel Vision then all the currently flyable ships should fit, the only ship that I can think of the may not is the Type 10

I knew you'd be the cmdr to give a definitive answer on that one. :D

Yes they're the same size tunnels.

@Alec, no worries your posts were hilarious, you need some filter leeches to fix your hangover.

I'm not going to be able to post much until Friday, so don't worry if I don't reply to posts over the next two days.

I'm hoping to run a live race on the last weekend - unfortunately I'd struggle for time to open the event with a live race. And the Q&A was already going to mention the idea of shots if anyone fancied it. :)

As for FA off, personally I can't dock with FA off sober. :eek:

OK, been trying to follow the rules and I just want to double check how we get 10 bonus minutes from installation beer mat distribution. There's 3 installations where we can park next to 2 brandy billboards, dropping a beermat at each for a total of 6. Then there's Rahu where we can fly through up to 4 tunnels, again dropping a beermat in each. That's the 10 right?

P.S. does it have to be brandy adverts, I seem to recall seeing other alchohol related billboards?

P.P.S. I've now successfully distributed 500 beer mats around the world (yup, sorry, all gone) ... do I get anything for that? :D

Doubtful ill get to run this due to real life beer commitments and wedding stuff. Best of luck to everyone racing!

I'll get the first post tidied up later today.

OK, been trying to follow the rules and I just want to double check how we get 10 bonus minutes from installation beer mat distribution. There's 3 installations where we can park next to 2 brandy billboards, dropping a beermat at each for a total of 6. Then there's Rahu where we can fly through up to 4 tunnels, again dropping a beermat in each. That's the 10 right?
That's correct.

And as it stacks with the extra billboards / tunnels, you'd receive 15 minutes of bonus time.

The bonuses are a little on the large size, but depending on the ship used, the hit on jump range could be an issue - plus I want to encourage as much interaction as possible with the NPC Buckyball fans at the installations. ;)
P.S. does it have to be brandy adverts, I seem to recall seeing other alchohol related billboards?
I only noticed Lavian Brandy ads, but there are others then yes - any one/two alcohol related billboards will do.

BTW: I'd originally planned to use tunnels, but didn't find any at these bar installations. I blasted away with a class-2 multi-cannon at various 'doors' (and rammed them), but nothing opened up. The billboards seemed a good alternative, and require stopping in the open - while Buckyball fans try to scan you.

P.P.S. I've now successfully distributed 500 beer mats around the world (yup, sorry, all gone) ... do I get anything for that? :D
Awesome. :D

Top Bottom