Release ED ToolBox - A companion app

I do have a question... does ED Toolbox retrieve its system/station data via EDDP? I've noticed in Colonia, it is beyond stale data, usually showing no population or stations in systems that clearly have them. EDDI had the same issue, and the devs are convinced it's because they used the cached copies in EDDP, not the fresh data in EDDB. I've tried that update command on the context menu, but it claims I'm already up to date in the cmd window it opens.

I both want to get this working, and let the EDDI devs know that there may be something else at work here if EDTB is not using EDDP as a source for system data, but has the same issue.

I do have a question... does ED Toolbox retrieve its system/station data via EDDP? I've noticed in Colonia, it is beyond stale data, usually showing no population or stations in systems that clearly have them. EDDI had the same issue, and the devs are convinced it's because they used the cached copies in EDDP, not the fresh data in EDDB. I've tried that update command on the context menu, but it claims I'm already up to date in the cmd window it opens.

I both want to get this working, and let the EDDI devs know that there may be something else at work here if EDTB is not using EDDP as a source for system data, but has the same issue.
The data update script was broken, thanks for pointing it out. It's fixed now and the data should be fresh the next time it's updated.

FYI the data comes from EDDB.

The data update script was broken, thanks for pointing it out. It's fixed now and the data should be fresh the next time it's updated.

FYI the data comes from EDDB.

Ok, cool. Was kind of hoping to kill two bugs (in two programs) with one stone, but getting a fix here is still great. I'm in the middle of nowhere, but I'll let you know if it's not playing nice when I get back to civilization.

hi im having an error when i load ed toolbox, i get the error
lZQaP
cant find the file runapache.vbs

Walter : Your OP was last edited in 2016,but you have worked hard since then with updates and this thread.
I do know many new to this will look at the last update of your OP and ignore your lovely TB,how about a quick edit to show this project is live and up to date for new users ?

Walter : Your OP was last edited in 2016,but you have worked hard since then with updates and this thread.
I do know many new to this will look at the last update of your OP and ignore your lovely TB,how about a quick edit to show this project is live and up to date for new users ?
Good point, I have updated the OP [yesnod]

I decided to fo a fresh install from 1.2.6 (i think) to 1.3.0 and as it turns out I had the same problem as Meescha. Disabling AVG during install did get rid of the script error. However when I try to update station and system I get some errors along with the entire settings pages not displaying properly as seen in this image https://i.imgur.com/OTyYXdg.jpg. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I decided to fo a fresh install from 1.2.6 (i think) to 1.3.0 and as it turns out I had the same problem as Meescha. Disabling AVG during install did get rid of the script error. However when I try to update station and system I get some errors along with the entire settings pages not displaying properly as seen in this image https://i.imgur.com/OTyYXdg.jpg. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I too now get the update errors. I use Avast as an antivirus, and in the past disabling it for updates to ED Toolbox worked like a charm, but no longer.

After digging a bit deeper, the files are actually missing from his webserver so it is a problem for everyone at the moment.. no one can update right now.

Indeed I've had some issues after migrating to a different server. I thought it was fixed already though [where is it] It'll be working soon.

EDIT: Everything should be working again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom