Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Are the in game clocks gonna change to match the country we live in, in the UK the clocks went forward an hour on Sunday and the in game clocks are showing the wrong time now.

no.. and for good reason... it keeps it 100% clear about times etc for missions.... The elite dangerous universe time is at UTC.... which actually makes total sense imo and is one of the few parts i have zero issue with.

if i want to set a gaming session with a person in france, one in uk and one in the US, there is no faffing with timezones... we just agree to meet up at 21:00 Elite Dangerous time. (or what ever)

there was a bug iirc where some parts of the game displayed the utc and others your local time... that was a real mess but i think is fixed now.

Are we getting a 3.0.6? During 2.4, we got a few updates, and then Frontier went quiet until 3.0 dropped, leaving us with bugs for months before those bugs (at least some of them) were finally fixed in 3.0. I would not be surprised if the next update is 3.1 in late May or June...

Unless of course someone finds a credit-making exploit between now and then, in which case 3.0.6 will come out the next day ;)

I think this is indeed going to be the case. On the 'Refunded Focus Crystals' Message anyone who got the FSD Booster when it came out received, it stated that the next update would be 3.1. Here's an image showing the in-game message.

Pt5IZEW.png

I think this is indeed going to be the case. On the 'Refunded Focus Crystals' Message anyone who got the FSD Booster when it came out received, it stated that the next update would be 3.1.

Sigh...... Looks like I won't be changing my signature anytime soon.

Fix the randomness

I sure wish they would fix the randomness of the missions i fly a cutter and i used ro be able to get nice missions in eotienses all the time, well as of lately like this past month april 16 2018, the missions have been completly random and they are heavy in massacre missions with unrealistic requisites to accomplish them like to deliver 5000k something worth of good for a mill or to. While i understand tgese are considered wing it would be optimum to eitger up the reward per mish ir to lower the number of goods needed to be delivered. This exampme is just one in which the missuons board has went heywire.

Please excuse the typos i got fat fingers and a little keyboard!

Last edited:
Dear Frontier

Since this patch I notice a right hand animation for "yaw". The joystick animation for the right hand shows a right / left move during yaw.

KcSsM4M.png
zryqY7j.png

the problem is: I use VR and a pedal to yaw and my hand is not moving like this. This animation is very annoying and kills immersion for pedal owners.

-> I suggest a additional option in graphics below the "disable idle hand animation" like this "yaw animation" -> [OFF / RIGHT HAND / ... (maybe later on (PEDAL)].

I play ED because it is the best VR game and immersion is very important to me. An option to disable/control this hand animation would be great.

Thank you devs!

Glaxaxy crash

=Teuf;6571884]What about the game crash that occurs when opening the galaxy map?[/QUOTE]

That happens to me now since a recent "update". will it be fixed in an update?

That happens to me too..

I stopped playing about a month ago because of it, i use the galaxy map a lot so makes no sense for me to carry on crashing so hopefully they get a fix soon. First time in over 3 years that i've stopped playing but at least FD know about the issue so it's a matter of waiting for a fix but it doesn't help any of us in the mean time.

I stopped playing about a month ago because of it, i use the galaxy map a lot so makes no sense for me to carry on crashing so hopefully they get a fix soon. First time in over 3 years that i've stopped playing but at least FD know about the issue so it's a matter of waiting for a fix but it doesn't help any of us in the mean time.

The problem with the Galaxy Map crash everytime it is used issue is that some of us like myself don't suffer from it at all, which means that it is not going to be simple to lock down what causes it.

The problem with the Galaxy Map crash everytime it is used issue is that some of us like myself don't suffer from it at all, which means that it is not going to be simple to lock down what causes it.
It effects those with lots of trade data so if you have been playing for a long period of time you will experience this nasty little bug but in any case you won't get any hate from me unlike many as i'm not that sort of person so when it's solved i'll be back but am also eager to see what the next update entails too.

I've not suffered this personally either but I do have times when I have a 'crash' whilst in high graphic asteroid belts. I found by clearing all my temp files it stopped. Not teaching anyone to suck eggs but have you tried clearing down the temp files (not cleared when a PC crashes so they build up), or increasing the memory 'swop file' size or even just dropping the graphics within the game menu to see if that helps?

I have played for about 3000 hours now and have loads of trade data etc and even played for 15 hours one day (sad I know) but never had a problem on the galaxy map. I run an i7 processor and Nvidia graphic card but nothing special.

I know these suggestions may be a waste of time and you may even have tried them, if so, sorry to waste your time.

Good luck and O7

As a coder, I can theorize dozens of things that might lead to a Galaxy map crash, especially once you look at various underlying limits and this being an online game with server our in Dublin Ireland from what I've read...

I just hope those with this problem have done the game community a service with filing support tickets and working hard with support to nail down whatever the bug is.

It's true for most of the playerbase, we've never encountered it. Mine is 100% stable and has never crashed once. But, I can definitely see perhaps a net sync issue resulting in greater than the maximum bookmarks somehow, a renamed bookmark over some limit, or as another stated some problem with the new trade data exceeding something yielding a "crash every time" which basically makes the game unplayable. The galaxy map is definitely integral of being able to play the game. Support will find it- but it's really going to need to lean heavily on players encountering it to find the bug!

Dear Frontier

Since this patch I notice a right hand animation for "yaw". The joystick animation for the right hand shows a right / left move during yaw.

the problem is: I use VR and a pedal to yaw and my hand is not moving like this. This animation is very annoying and kills immersion for pedal owners.

-> I suggest a additional option in graphics below the "disable idle hand animation" like this "yaw animation" -> [OFF / RIGHT HAND / ... (maybe later on (PEDAL)].

I play ED because it is the best VR game and immersion is very important to me. An option to disable/control this hand animation would be great.

Thank you devs!

Yup, i second this. It is very strange, when flying in VR.

Dear Frontier

Thank you devs!
What about those with dual sticks in VR? Or gamepads? Or perhaps SpaceMouse? Or with a Left Handed HOTAS setup? Or throttle with a paddle which could be used for either roll or yaw?

There are many different possibilities where the real world controls are concerned and it is perhaps a bit unrealistic to expect FD to represent every possible control system in the virtual environment.

Further more, if you look at the controls of SRVs and space craft you should notice a difference there too.

The only viable option IMO would be to turn off the visualisation of the control system but that may look even weirder.

[EDIT]Speaking as a VR user with a HOTAS Warthog setup and forward only throttle system (no twist option nor peddles), I personally find the system (VR environment control visualisation) fine as-is and does not significantly impact on immersion IMO.[/EDIT]

Last edited:

I fixed the Galaxy Map crash when I updated my graphics card drivers. ymmv

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom