"It's less conspicuous"

PCGamer said:
“It’s also less ‘conspicuous’, meaning it’s less likely to get scanned by the police compared to other ships of that size and class.

Wait -- are you telling me now that ships have a hidden stat that determines how likely they are to be scanned? Or do you think this is this just some weird way to say it's got a low heat signature?

Deleted member 110222

D
According to one of our experienced criminal members, it's a real stat'.

I'm curious so I've sent her a PM about the matter.

Wait -- are you telling me now that ships have a hidden stat that determines how likely they are to be scanned? Or do you think this is this just some weird way to say it's got a low heat signature?
Tell me, have you ever been scanned in an Asp Scout?

See?

:cool:

More serious though: I'm interested in this too. Is there a hidden stat? Where can you find it?

It's Space discrimination...

time to call the SSJW's..

giphy.gif

More serious though: I'm interested in this too. Is there a hidden stat? Where can you find it?
That goes up there with "where did you lose it?"

Not at all surprised there is a hidden stat. Originally, the cops were supposed to consider all sorts of things including Paint Condition (new paint is safe, bad paint is dodgy).

According to one of our experienced criminal members, it's a real stat'.

I'm curious so I've sent her a PM about the matter.

That seems pretty silly to me. What makes one ship more "suspicious" than other? All ships can be used for any activities -- hell, if anything, Belugas and Orcas should be the most "suspicious" ships in the game. Why? Because you'd think that cops would get smart pretty quick about how frequently criminal masterminds go on sight-seeing missions...

Tell me, have you ever been scanned in an Asp Scout?

See?

:cool:

Wow, you're right. I have never been scanned in an Asp Scout. Even though I've never flown one, I'd say that's theory confirmed. [alien]

It's Space discrimination...

time to call the SSJW's..

I know you're just joking but an arbitrary scale for ship "conspicuousness" is pretty silly. Whether or not you're likely to get scanned should be based off how you're flying. Are you flying suspiciously (boosting for the slot and popping heatsinks like they're pez candy)? "Well, my friend, that's pretty sketchy behavior so why don't we see what you're carrying?"

Deleted member 110222

D
Hello Commanders!

Ships do have a conspicuous rating that authorities use to determine how quickly a ship should be investigated and scanned.

That seems pretty silly to me. What makes one ship more "suspicious" than other? All ships can be used for any activities -- hell, if anything, Belugas and Orcas should be the most "suspicious" ships in the game. Why? Because you'd think that cops would get smart pretty quick about how frequently criminal masterminds go on sight-seeing missions...

Wow, you're right. I have never been scanned in an Asp Scout. Even though I've never flown one, I'd say that's theory confirmed. [alien]

I know you're just joking but an arbitrary scale for ship "conspicuousness" is pretty silly. Whether or not you're likely to get scanned should be based off how you're flying. Are you flying suspiciously (boosting for the slot and popping heatsinks like they're pez candy)? "Well, my friend, that's pretty sketchy behavior so why don't we see what you're carrying?"

Confirmed.

Pretty sure there's a real stat involved. I typically use a DBX for my stealth missions, but occasionally I've had a "secretive" passenger in my Beluga, which is... erm, exciting.

Sneaking around in the biggest player-ownable ship in ED does take some skill (and quite a few heatsinks: thanks to Ram Tah, my 2 launchers carry 3 each). I also have two similar launchers on my DBX, but I don't seem to actually need them.

Well, it's nice to have confirmation.

I'll have to start paying more attention. There are days where I've definitely felt like I was being scanned more often than normal, but I've never tried to correlate that to what ship I was in at the time. I always just thought it was luck-of-the-draw.

conspicuous rating = ship size + ship type + paint health + hull health + heat signature + speed + space loach RNG + rating with controlling faction

Last edited:
conspicuous rating = ship size + ship type + paint health + hull health + heat signature + speed + space loach RNG + rating with controlling faction

x Combat rank I suspect. An associate of mine has never made a single kill and practically never gets scanned or interdicted.

Top Bottom