The Star Citizen Thread v9

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Hello all,

Our previous SC thread reached the 10,000 post limit. As such, it's time for a new thread for Star Citizen discussions. If you want to discuss Star Citizen, this is the place to do so! [up]

As always, the following rules are in effect for this thread (in addition to the per-forum rules here).

1. If you cannot debate the subject, and decide to debate, troll, flame, harass, stalk the user/person - your post(s) and all follow up posts will be removed and moderated.
  2. This thread is for the discussion of Star Citizen only. Off-topic discussions will be removed.
  3. Moderation will be dealt with by the Forum manager and volunteer moderators. There is no need to publically call for moderation. Simply report any posts for review by clicking the icon.
  4. Posting of offensive, degrading, or mocking content will not be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I think this project MAY just be more than slightly mismanaged. I know, kind of a wild shot in the dark. Maybe someone can post a useful chart showing how it's totally normal for games to be this broken and unfinished 6 or 7 years in when compared to the longest development hells of all time across the industry.

Is the game a throw back to the original ‘text style’ games? Only reason I can think you’ve all got to v9 on threads about something that doesn’t exist? Having seen the forum threads on ED (a game you can actually play) these threads must be a right bundle of laughs.

Hello all,

Our previous SC thread reached the 10,000 post limit. As such, it's time for a new thread for Star Citizen discussions. If you want to discuss Star Citizen, this is the place to do so! [up]

As always, the following rules are in effect for this thread (in addition to the per-forum rules here).

1. If you cannot debate the subject, and decide to debate, troll, flame, harass, stalk the user/person - your post(s) and all follow up posts will be removed and moderated.
  2. This thread is for the discussion of Star Citizen only. Off-topic discussions will be removed.
  3. Moderation will be dealt with by the Forum manager and volunteer moderators. There is no need to publically call for moderation. Simply report any posts for review by clicking the icon.
  4. Posting of offensive, degrading, or mocking content will not be tolerated.

Edition 9 - do you keep track of the turnover rate of this thread family? How long to complete one?

Is the game a throw back to the original ‘text style’ games? Only reason I can think you’ve all got to v9 on threads about something that doesn’t exist? Having seen the forum threads on ED (a game you can actually play) these threads must be a right bundle of laughs.

Had a lot of giggles over the years and the 8 versions probably gonna paint a nice complete picture of the games development as we discussed pretty much every angle there is to discuss :) If you are in for laughs join us ^^

P.S. and buy an Idriss

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Edition 9 - do you keep track of the turnover rate of this thread family? How long to complete one?

Well - you can always go back and see how long it took between the first post and the last.
I'm not aware of any metrics on this. Then again, Brett loves him some web analytics...

Ok - finally got round to watching the latest video.

They can't show off much SQ42 development because they are so close to completion - showing anything would simply be a spoilerfest.

They have just gotten round to inventing the tech they need to start producing the game, as it's never been invented before and doesn't exist yet. They are going to use this tech to produce their cinematics.

They are still fleshing out the Vandull race to fit the Vision. Giant space aliens capable of interstellar travel and obliterating entire planets with urm, flint knives, apparently.

Some guff about animation and texturing and design teams I mostly missed and don't think I missed much.

Yes dear friends, it's all finally coming together!

Answer the Call! 2048 anyone?

Pretty cool what Cirque du Soleil are getting up to in Levski though

65o4k1l85s611.png

With lethal ramps and floors that vanish from existence in an eyeblink, Commando's have evolved to fully use the available terrain to help maximise their chances of survival.

Keeping above the ground may be the key to the future of mankind. Maybe Genuine Roberts watched Tremors recently :D

Top Bottom