"New Computer Designs Announced"

What I really don't get (and admittedly I'm late to the idea that this Galnet article was anything more than a fluff piece) is, if the article is NOT a tease to an expo in October - why in the name of god would Frontier write such a thing? Are they really so naive as to not realise we might read something more into it or else are they deliberately stirring the community knowing full well there is no expo? (which seems a tad sadistic and unprofessional).

:S

Did everyone see the tweet from Zac Antonaci when he was asked to comment on speculation about an October Expo?

"Sure thing. There will be no Frontier Expo in October 2018. It would be 100% awesome and we are really excited for a future Expo but I have my "nothing to announce" hat on. <end>Speculation</end>."

https://twitter.com/ZachAntonaci/status/1030512290272108544

I think David kinda said that month ago. I am surprised people took that long time to pick that up.

As for Galnet article remains to be seen. It is very specific regarding to be fluff piece, but maybe writer used lore concepts and went a bit too creative for our liking :)

As for it being cruel...well, last time I checked we are all grown men :D Sometimes speculations doesn't pan out.

In the end it doesn't change much....we are waiting for Q3 to lesser extent and Q4 / premium content news afterwards.

Last edited:
OK - Ed just answered me on the twitch stream. Basically if the Galnet piece was meant to refer to anything real at all then it was just a nod to last year's expo. They basically stated they would never announce dates for new things coming throught Galnet. This article was absolutely just meant to be a bit of fun and nothing more.

OK - Ed just answered me on the twitch stream. Basically if the Galnet piece was meant to refer to anything real at all then it was just a nod to last year's expo. They basically stated they would never announce dates for new things coming throught Galnet. This article was absolutely just meant to be a bit of fun and nothing more.

I don't think he said that. He said he don't know reasons for that article, and that reference to expo might be nod to last year. It really sounded he isn't aware about it.

I am still insisting it is a bit too specific to be just for fun. But that's just me :) I won't lose any sleep over if it will be a fluff in the end.

Last edited:
What I really don't get (and admittedly I'm late to the idea that this Galnet article was anything more than a fluff piece) is, if the article is NOT a tease to an expo in October - why in the name of god would Frontier write such a thing? Are they really so naive as to not realise we might read something more into it or else are they deliberately stirring the community knowing full well there is no expo? (which seems a tad sadistic and unprofessional).

:S

I'm thinking it could be when they fully reveal the Q4 update with images and videos as it will be Q4 at that time.

Fair enough - I've heard from multiple sources now that there will be no Frontier Expo this year (and I am equally nonplussed that a lore writer would start the hare running by publishing that article). I hope the new user interfaces are not also just a bit of meaningless fluff: Galnet has been used to flag in-game events in the past (the "destroy the League of Reparation" CG was the most recent, and I would imagine there will be some special event on the day of Aisling's wedding too, an event that has so far only existed in Galnet articles). The author book tour was entirely a flavour piece though, as far as I can tell.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Fair enough - I've heard from multiple sources now that there will be no Frontier Expo this year (and I am equally nonplussed that a lore writer would start the hare running by publishing that article). I hope the new user interfaces are not also just a bit of meaningless fluff: Galnet has been used to flag in-game events in the past (the "destroy the League of Reparation" CG was the most recent, and I would imagine there will be some special event on the day of Aisling's wedding too, an event that has so far only existed in Galnet articles). The author book tour was entirely a flavour piece though, as far as I can tell.

Also content, CQC was advanced through lore in Galnet indeed, the Federation wanting to train its younger pilot generations through sim pits and all that, if you remember.

Except if we do get this, we can use it in an actual playable game :D

That is true, I cannot even get my TM 16000m and TCRS or whatever it's called-the matching throttle to do anything but basic functions,I cannot even turn my head but mayb e once with the mouse and then no more.

Track IR does not even work well.

The only thing I like is walking aoround looking at stuff.

I love this place...

"Galnet is trash...utter rubbish. Who cares about some billionaire lottery ticket?!? Game's dead! So-dee-um-Chlor-ride, boiiii!!111!!1!!eleven1!!!"

But, then...

"Wait, what's this? Necklace computers? TOTALLY SPACE LEGZ!!!!tweleve!!!1111!1!!2!!!!1!"

That is true, I cannot even get my TM 16000m and TCRS or whatever it's called-the matching throttle to do anything but basic functions,I cannot even turn my head but mayb e once with the mouse and then no more.

Track IR does not even work well.

The only thing I like is walking aoround looking at stuff.

I use the free floating finger joystick thing on the throttle to look around with.

Top Bottom