BREAKING NEWS: GNOSIS STRANDED, GALNET NEWS!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There was a high risk for that scenario... There were omens all over.

I much prefer what we got to be honest. A great new mechanic (Thargoid attacking stations and megaships in game) albeit with some initial issues that have now been addressed.

I cannot see the issues that some people have (apart from the initial issues that have been fixed). I like the fact that FDev wrote the Gnosis attepted jump into the narative, I think it was a good way to do this instead of the straight up no that other companies would do. They tried to add something interesting and fun to it for players to participate in.

But I have to assume that people don't want interesting and fun and only want to do the same stuff again and again without any risks.

I can't understand why people are so upset about this. It's ludicrous.

But this isn’t a tiny thing. Not anymore. Anyone looking at the forums regularly could’ve seen the huge buildup this event has caused over the last weeks. Hundreds, thousands of CMDRs suddenly voicing interest in a thing at a time where the CG contributions are at an all time low. People coming back to the game because they’re hopeful something worthwhile might happen, maybe this time it will, oh please. Frontier could’ve seen this and put resources aside to make it a special occasion, something to remember, to show people they still care after months of postponed promises. But all they manage to deliver is a badly executed script they recycled from the bin that obviously wasn’t even tested properly. That’s the sad thing about this. The disappointment that even after this golden player-driven opportunity has been placed in their lap, FDev didn’t manage to jump over their own shadow.

Edit: At least that’s how it looks as of now. I’m still open to be positively surprised though, please prove me wrong Frontier!

I won't forget it soon. Mission accomplished? Lol

Quite the contrary. If I wouldn't care I would just put the galnet article that the far cult has snuck onto the gnosis and sabotaged the FSD megadrive. Problem solved, no work needed. Or even more bleak solution - let the gnosis jump into that sector, where there is NOTHING there (I would lock anything worthwhile of a secret under permit-lock only devs can overcome), get them to tag some pristine planets and get bored to death in a month. Instead they did this. I love it :) It required a change of plans probably, and was cobbled together using the resources available, after it went through management path, probably... These things take time.

What people (perhaps not familiar with IT) are not taking from this is that it was perhaps a live test. It might as well be that it was a live test that required a large number of players in an instance, and not all things can be simulated in a testing environment. Even if we shackle the rest of the 100 person team to the game and have them play for 8h in a row. But the QA could be skipped on this, or perhaps QA account have crimes off for convenience or something. It was an error. Those things happen. Get over it :)

I love it too. I can't wait for more stuff (without the issues) to happen like this. It's great for the future of the game in my view. More dynamic happenings in the bubble and other places.

Sigh....
Sorry Will, but fdev are missing the point.

We wanted something that wasn't yet more pew pew. Kind of not that interested in yet another thargoid variant for me to ignore.
The explorers who did go just got decimated as soon as they left the gnosis.
It's a horrible misunderstanding of the community to think that people who were excited about a jump into the unknown are going to be thrilled at suddenly having to deal with 1000 scouts shooting at them.

This worries the life out of me about the vague future content plans. Everything, absolutely everything, is becoming pure combat. The good old science and exploration days are gone, I suspect even the Q4 update is really just going to slightly improve exploration mechanics, but then that's all for another year, but oh yes, more thargoids, more fighting.
Combat is fun, I enjoy it, but it's 20% of the game for me, the rest is about looking for mysteries or the interesting science and puzzle stuff. But we've had nothing to science over for a year now. This was your chance to give us something, but no, all you came up with was pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew

Sigh....

We wanted something that wasn't yet more pew pew. Kind of not that interested in yet another thargoid variant for me to ignore.
It's a horrible misunderstanding of the community to think that people who were excited about a jump into the unknown are going to be thrilled at suddenly having to deal with 1000 scouts shooting at them.

This worries the life out of me about the vague future content plans. Everything, absolutely everything, is becoming pure combat. The good old science and exploration days are gone, I suspect even the Q4 update is really just going to slightly improve exploration mechanics, but then that's all for another year, but oh yes, more thargoids, more fighting.
Combat is fun, I enjoy it, but it's 20% of the game for me, the rest is about looking for mysteries or the interesting science and puzzle stuff. But we've had nothing to science over for a year now. This was your chance to give us something, but no, all you came up with was pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew

Jumping into the unknown where there was rumour of loads of thargoids sure is asking for trouble. You don't go prepared, prepare to die.

And as to this being pure combat is just silly. I am sure you will be doing combat helping to repair the ship. Sure that makes sense.

As to them giving us something they blooming well did. A live attack on a megaship/station which has never happened before. Excellent stuff.

This is good for the future of ED in my view.

Sigh....

I'm an explorer myself, I think pew pew is boring. Pre-empt out of the way,

You jumped into an unknown. If this unknown is swarming with Pewie aliens, you will get pew-ed upon. Those systems weren't permit locked for no reason.

Jumping into the unknown where there was rumour of loads of thargoids sure is asking for trouble. You don't go prepared, prepare to die.

And as to this being pure combat is just silly. I am sure you will be doing combat helping to repair the ship. Sure that makes sense.

As to them giving us something they blooming well did. A live attack on a megaship/station which has never happened before. Excellent stuff.

Besides, FDev tried to tell eveyrone lore wise jumping to Cone was never going to happen, and that those 3 system not permit locked was a mistake. Yet Canonn refused to listen and continued the hype.

There is nothing in Cone, its for future narrative, there is nothing to find there. Those systems were supposed to be locked as well.

How can you say that? The cat is out of the bag, there's nothing left to deny the evidence is insurmountable, they don't test their stuff. It was something we always wondered, now there is no doubt. I don't know about getting fired, but whoever is responsible for this should probably do the decent thing and resign. Clearly video game design and change management arent their strong suits.

I don't know how long they had to prepare this. Did they only have a few weeks. I don't know. Sure it wasn't perfect and this could be the major test bed for the future. I don't really care. Sure there were a few issues which have now been fixed very quickly.

As to people resigning or being fired over that. You have gotta be kidding. Now you have trumped the most stupid thing I have read today.

I'm an explorer myself, I think pew pew is boring. Pre-empt out of the way,

You jumped into an unknown. If this unknown is swarming with Pewie aliens, you will get pew-ed upon. Those systems weren't permit locked for no reason.

That´s true. But it is also something FDev could have done one week earlier to avoid todays mess on the forum. Would still work lore wise, but without having all the people hoping for something special disappointed.

To be honest, I wish they hire someone like Michael Brookes to act as gamemaster. Brooksie, I miss you.

Shout out to all the CMDRS who called in sick at school and at work today to play Elite Dangerous: Failed Jump

Also shout out to all the duderino's who bought another copy of the game only to be sent back 1200ly's away in a detention center.

Now stop spamming my inbox.

According to FD there were 11.000 CMDRs there!!! :eek:

I was hoping for some close-up pictures of Hydra. Not a single Hydra appeared. So after the (defence) repair we will jump to Cone sector.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom