BREAKING NEWS: GNOSIS STRANDED, GALNET NEWS!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Despite by not being impressed they implemented a "mechanic" that should have been in the game for a while now, I fail to see the good thing because this new mechanic isn´t even working properly.
It is now.

There were several ways to introduce this to the game, FDev picked the worst way by far. They witnessed the excitement building up in the last weeks, still they didn´t pull the line early enough to avoid the disappointment of today. And this disappointment was totally foreseeable.
Why is it a disapointment?

What would have been a success? The jump succeeds and you are in the cone sector with three star system to look around for a week. You scan them (this will take a few hours) and then you can't go anywhere until the Gnosis jumps out. You can't even self destruct as you will end back at the Gnosis unless you choose a sidewinder. You think that would have been better then what happened?

I just don't get it.

Since the entire point of 'future narrative' is that at some point it has to become 'current narrative' because otherwise 'future narrative' is just a synonym for 'absolutely nothing', can you explain why it was such an absurd thought process to hope that part of the afore-mentioned 'future narrative' may become 'current narrative' now in terms of the locked Cone Sector?

Especially coming as it did right after a point update, when all manner of things could have been added there?

Take as long as you like, I'm off to work now.

Err, because the galaxy is a big place?

I know nothing was promised, but fdev did say the jump would go ahead, so it's a bit cruel to take that away, after all, we're a bit starved as far as none combat gameplay goes at the moment. Even the Guardian beacon, which looks so cool, has one single purpose, to unlock a fighter... Wonderful, so much could have been done, but no, shoot it three times and go grind yourself a new fighter.

It's not hard to see why this has upset a lot of people.

I bet I can sum up all the negative responses to the thousands of people who feel like you and I do.

"Shut up and pew pew! the FD overlords command it! How dare you complain?!"

Bwuh ha ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

CG incoming! Internal discussion of the event at FD identified a distinct lack of grinding, orginal event reprioritised to incorporate more 'personal narrative" in the form of delivery + bounty hunting CG.

It is now.

Max, come on lets be serious here. Just because FD fixed the multitude of problems AFTER the event doesn't absolve them. It is like having the brakes fail on your car and smashing into a tree, and then having the mechanic wander over and say "Hey I fixed your brakes now, so all is good"

What concerns me is that FD evidently didn't think any of the problems would occur, the fines, the detention - and that is a worry!

Has anyone considered that this might be useable to allow us to live defend stations under attack in the future?

Yes, testing the seemingly simple turn off the auto-cop thing would have been nice, but other than that, it seems a rather emergent bit of game play that has been here-to-fore lacking.

Best day/-s in Elite I had in 1.5+ years, and I don't even have to log in.
scO3iMU.jpg

One hundred developers sitting on a wall
One hundred developers sitting on a wall
One just decided to interdict the gnosis
Ninety Nine developers sitting on a wall.

(just jokes - good idea, just needs a little refinement)

Max, come on lets be serious here. Just because FD fixed the multitude of problems AFTER the event doesn't absolve them. It is like having the brakes fail on your car and smashing into a tree, and then having the mechanic wander over and say "Hey I fixed your brakes now, so all is good"

What concerns me is that FD evidently didn't think any of the problems would occur, the fines, the detention - and that is a worry!

Where did I say it absolves them?

I'm sitting on the Gnosis in an unarmed exploration ship. And I think this unfolding story is great. Looking forward to my attempt to be a rat leaving the sinking ship later today. :)

Well we knew Galnet was control by the Thargoids, just look at the logo, Galnet need to be purge of all Thargoid influence. Who do these thargoids think they are Elliot Carver?

Last edited:
It is now.

Why is it a disapointment?

What would have been a success? The jump succeeds and you are in the cone sector with three star system to look around for a week. You scan them (this will take a few hours) and then you can't go anywhere until the Gnosis jumps out. You can't even self destruct as you will end back at the Gnosis unless you choose a sidewinder. You think that would have been better then what happened?

I just don't get it.

Really? So you think that with the event coming after a 2 GB point update last week, it was nuts to think that there might have been something inserted into those three specific systems which were left unlocked? You know, just like Thargoid structures were introduced. Oh and Guardian ruins. And Guardian sites. And barnacles.

I mean maybe all of that has happened and it's going to unfold over the next few weeks, I don't know any more than you.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom