Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

Yeah, that wording puzzled me as well. If they're still at pre-alpha then I wouldn't expect a beta any time soon.

Except they've already announced the BETA is coming Soon™ - so unless they have a very fast life cycle, my guess is that they will be showcasing some pre-Alpha stuff to give some folks a rough idea of what to expect; whilst keeping the actual Alpha-Almost-Beta content under wraps... OR .. Ed made a typo.

I could imagine frontier process is like this,

Pre Alpha part are in their seperate forms, so the exploration mechanic and mining mechanics are seperate siloed games.
Alpha is when they start integrating it all into the primary game
Internal Beta is when they test everything is at least playable
public beta
then release version.

The path from pre Alpha and public beta should be relatively short as well as the integration goes well.

Will be interesting to see if the outlook of some of the streamers changes at all ;)

I'm sure that some won't be able to resist telling people that they know stuff that they're not allowed to talk about.

It'll be a brave "e-celeb" who claims "great things to come" before the player-base has had an opportunity to properly scrutinise any new content, though.

I'm sure that some won't be able to resist telling people that they know stuff that they're not allowed to talk about.

It'll be a brave "e-celeb" who claims "great things to come" before the player-base has had an opportunity to properly scrutinise any new content, though.

I would imagine they will have NDAs, but some, like Malic, were ranting quite a bit about the explo changes - so even just calming down a bit would mean something. I imagine FD are hoping to reduce numbers of streamers stoking up poutrage in the more pliable parts of the community more than anything - when OA etc went to see 2.4 I don't think anything leaked.

Not long to Beta anyway, just glad FD are talking to someone after this week's news desert ;)

I’m happy for all of the content creators who were invited, but seeing how I’m sure they won’t be able to record or show us anything anyway I can’t seem to muster much excitement over this. The rest of us are still waiting to learn more about 3.3.

I would imagine they will have NDAs, but some, like Malic, were ranting quite a bit about the explo changes - so even just calming down a bit would mean something. I imagine FD are hoping to reduce numbers of streamers stoking up poutrage in the more pliable parts of the community more than anything - when OA etc went to see 2.4 I don't think anything leaked.

Not long to Beta anyway, just glad FD are talking to someone after this week's news desert ;)

Why do I get the slightly uneasy feeling that they might be looking for advice, suggestions and insight from these visitors?

If I was Obsidian Ant, or somebody of similar standing, I might be a little concerned that, if Q4 gets ripped to shreds, people might be wondering why I didn't draw attention to any of the problems.

On the other hand, maybe we've got ourselves our "player council"? [where is it]

If I was Obsidian Ant, or somebody of similar standing, I might be a little concerned that, if Q4 gets ripped to shreds, people might be wondering why I didn't draw attention to any of the problems.

Pretty sure OA made positive noises after the 2.4 preview - and I don't recall him getting any stick when some were underwhelmed. Most can understand the difference between the press & the thing they report on.

And the one thing we can be sure of - Q4 will be both ripped to shreds and loved to bits, we have a very even-handed community :D

Top Bottom