Distant Worlds II - Fleet Roster Sign Up Thread

Han, but in other words: If my peer computer were flooded with Lavian Brandy, it could affect some other CMDRs computers connected to it? ... slowing the fleet down ... ships staggering drunken through space ... singing dirty songs. I don't want to be responsible for that! ;-)
Driving spaceship drunk, it's the bets experience. EVER!!! :D

It's funny. I've been drunk a couple of times, and to be honest, I fly like biowaste in a hand basket with a fridge on tow. Crashing into things. Can't land for biowaste. It's extremely noticeable. Maybe we need a drinking game for the meetups?

Seriously: I suspect this will be an exciting test for Frontier regarding their server/client infrastructure and I think we'll see some strange effects and problems. This will be fun! :)
Ashbolut'ly. Noooo queschtion aboot it. *hick*

The worst thing isn't the minor annoyance of ships-within-ship landing or disappearing acts, but the game crashing or freezing. That's the part that's annoying. Several mass jumps, didn't touch anything. Didn't want to disturb the sensitive system. But had to start the jump, and just when it activated the jump. Stuck. yay(!) :mad:

and signed up to this. Not sure what I have let myself in for as I am a new (ish) player. Had the game 10 weeks but somehow have managed over 400 hrs so far! I will be using my Asp X unless I decide to change. I do need to get the jump range up from the current 31.6 though so need to work on that. o7 CMDRS

Welcome aboard, and you shouldn't have too much problem range wise.

I made DWE 3302 in an AspX without engineer assistance. Once you get past 33LY, it is more about what you choose to stop for, and that is mostly because of crossing the Abyss without a lot of Jumponium.

Welcome aboard, and you shouldn't have too much problem range wise.

I made DWE 3302 in an AspX without engineer assistance. Once you get past 33LY, it is more about what you choose to stop for, and that is mostly because of crossing the Abyss without a lot of Jumponium.

I did too. The longer jump range makes it easier but takes away some of the risk of getting stuck.

Anyway, I might come out of retirement to give this a bash ;)

Just getting some fine tuning and engineering done. I'll be on Xbox to provide hull repair and fuel transfers (work permitting):

zoy4ETq.jpg

Exact starting date has not been announced yet but its roughly mid January.

Which I'm estimating should just about coincide, for anyone who has been sitting on it since its aborted Cone sector jump, with the Gnosis' anticipated return to the bubble from its round trip of the nebulae to the west, yes? Assuming 3 weeks or so to jump back from Sadr, and 2 jumps between most nebulae (Guessing the NA/Pelican jump will be a stop between them) along the way?

What s the server name of this expedition and when will it start ? i will come with my cutter and some big weapons against thargoids

Unlikely to encounter any Thargoids on DWE2, they’re in the opposite direction; however I’m half expecting the big breakout of Oresrians being chased by Klaxians during the expedition timeframe, so on return you might find they’ve put their towels on all the SD sunloungers and are swamping the jacuzzi in Jameson Memorial :D

Hello People!

I just register, I was thinking about it for long time and now decided to take a part it DW2))) Thank you people, who organized all of it, you are the best!
But probably as many others I wonder about the way-points of our trip. Is there any info about it? Is there any specific time when it will be released? I am really curious about that...

Hello People!

I just register, I was thinking about it for long time and now decided to take a part it DW2))) Thank you people, who organized all of it, you are the best!
But probably as many others I wonder about the way-points of our trip. Is there any info about it? Is there any specific time when it will be released? I am really curious about that...

Welcome aboard :)

DW2 is structured in 'stages' so that each waypoint to waypoint journey is a mini expedition in itself, with hopefully lots to search for and discover during that stage. We also want to discourage players from racing weeks far ahead of the fleet and posting spoilers of the route we're taking. So we won't be releasing the whole route in one go but will instead only announce the next scheduled waypoint location a week in advance of our journey to it.

I've checked the roster, and the spreadsheet with pending applications on, seems you haven't signed up as no CMDR AndyMM is listed. Did you fill in the roster form? Its linked on Post #2 ? Click where is say's "Sign Me Up" on the screenshot.

i did that.but i can only inspect that sheet i cant modify it.as i was saying i did put my name on that list ,3 times already,and after a while i checked to see if i am on it and i wasnt.ill try it again .

Shame there isn't a "cancel sign up" on the page to edit it, so instead I'll cancel here.

Too many ships, not enough incentive - I won't be going, thanks.

Top Bottom