Petition to get ship kits for Beluga Liner

As the title says, this ship lacks both ship kits and has very few liveries.

Reply to this thread to 'sign' the petition.

The Beluga is a visually well designed ship. I'd almost be afraid to add a ship kit to it for fear it would make it less attractive. I have ship kits on some of my ships but I'd never consider putting one on my Dolphin, the only SK ship I have. Those SK ships are beautiful.

It seems like the ship kits are based on the popularity of each ship which makes sense. If you want a ship kit for the Beluga the best bet would be to keep flying in it. More folks might use this ship now that the passenger restrictions are no longer present.

Ship needs a buff before it does a ship kit. Beluga is riddled with problems.

Only problems I’ve seen with the Beluga:

1. NPCs can’t fly them.
2. Commanders don’t know how to outfit them

I’ve been running one for ages. Cruising temp 37%, boost at 70%.
Combat with 2 beams and 3 PA’s.
No problems here.

It seems like the ship kits are based on the popularity of each ship which makes sense. If you want a ship kit for the Beluga the best bet would be to keep flying in it. More folks might use this ship now that the passenger restrictions are no longer present.

I find it to be quite random. There are ships kits for ships that are the opposite of popular, at least according to Inara. New ships tend to get their kits fairly regularly, old ones whenever someone at FD feels like it, it seems. Same with paintjobs.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Rusty? Not entirely what I am hoping for, but something better than nothing at all.
I like to keep my mine freshly painted all the time.

Only problems I’ve seen with the Beluga:

1. NPCs can’t fly them.
2. Commanders don’t know how to outfit them

I’ve been running one for ages. Cruising temp 37%, boost at 70%.
Combat with 2 beams and 3 PA’s.
No problems here.

I'm actually curious to know how you managed to cool her. Every experience I've had with my Beluga shows it heating up like a stuck pig, especially when fuel scooping. I got tired of nearly cooking my passengers every time I took her out.

She also has a horrible cockpit HUD view as her dash sits much too high and makes it so that her centerline is actually at the bottom of the HUD instead of the middle.
She also, despite being the supposedly best passenger liner in game, is completely outclassed by the Anaconda for bulk passenger transportation. She's also completely outclassed by the Orca for Luxury passenger carrying. Or tourism missions for that matter.

I love the look of the Beluga. But she has all kinds of small problems that add up. IMO, people who fly her due to so out of principle more than out of efficiency.

Beluga needs a buff.

Top Bottom