Day 64 of a broken background sim

There were a non-trival number of detailed reports from BEFORE they asked for more detail
There is a non-trivial number of factions that have just given up
There is a non-trivial number of CMDRs who are just avoiding known bugs until we are told they have been fixed
There is a non-trivial number of CMDRs who are fed up and sick to death of reporting bugs for them to be ignored.
There is a non-trivial number of CMDRs who are fed up with white knights telling them "It must be you stupid, you cant prove it"
There is a non-trivial number of CMDRs who are just livid that BGS has been dumbed down to hitting things with a hammer with a blindfold on.

But no, its all our fault.

Never said it's your fault. I believe I didn't even talk to you.

My group and I have never stopped playing using the bgs mechanics. Even now we continue to direct our minor faction, with discreet results, due to the bugs already reported in the offices and in the appropriate ways.
We are not those who have given up fighting, even if enthusiasm has fallen quickly.
For this reason I do not stop hoping that the FDEVs fix the problems, but at the same time I do not stop suggesting the mistakes made.
We do not interrupt communication, and we would like the same thing on the side of the Fdevs.

There is a non-trivial number of CMDRs who are fed up with white knights telling them "It must be you stupid, you cant prove it"

If you add all the white knights (the ones who love bashing players who have problems with ED) to your ignore list, the forum becomes a much nicer place :D

If you add all the white knights (the ones who love bashing players who have problems with ED) to your ignore list, the forum becomes a much nicer place :D

It gets even better when you add those who constantly complain about white knights even though the white knights mostly just exist in their imagination.

I just checked the bug thread where Ed specifically asked for detailed reports. In one month there only have been 9 posts about the unexpected results he was asking for. Meanwhile there have been 250 completely useless posts in this thread and probably a few hundred more in the BGS section. It doesn't help that there was no further dev / CM interaction, however the lack of useful bug reports in the "official" thread either show that the problem isn't as severe as some people suggest, or that the community is mostly indifferent about it being fixed.

To be fair, there has been multiple reports during beta on different issues that has not been taken into consideration.
There has been also multiple reports AFTER go live where FD didn't answer and duck their head in the ground. Hoping it would pass.

Then, Ed is coming and telling BGS players it just need balancing ?? Not capable of admitting they have failed -again- to deliver. A lot of people, myself included has stop reporting on bugs. I am tired of FD non communication and lack of transparency and honesty.

Last edited:
Sadly, the duck didn't see this.

I use a very narrow-band filter in defining someone as a "White Knight". Perhaps I should call them "Pro-ED Trolls" instead, emphasis on "trolls". Some of my favorite forum people are those who love the game unreservedly, but they don't feel the need to attack those who do not.

And Babbling Fish will never block me, because he loves me too much [heart]

Last edited:
Nail on head here. Neither extreme positive or negative critism is particularly helpful to anyone (in fact I think FD said that at some point). For me, areas of the game have issues (which I will avoid until fixed), and some of it is really great (which I enjoy doing).

Balance is a wonderful thing :)

I don't think there are any extreme positive people. Even the whitest of knights will report issues from time to time. They just don't get furiously upset and abusive about it.

White knight in FDEV forum talk usually means "poster not having a tantrum".

I don't think there are any extreme positive people. Even the whitest of knights will report issues from time to time. They just don't get furiously upset and abusive about it.

White knight in FDEV forum talk usually means "poster not having a tantrum".

I think you are the only person on this forum fulfilling the White Knight criteria. :)

To be fair, there has been multiple reports during beta on different issues that has not been taken into consideration.
There has been also multiple reports AFTER go live where FD didn't answer and duck their head in the ground. Hoping it would pass.

Then, Ed is coming and telling BGS players it just need balancing ?? Not capable of admitting they have failed -again- to deliver. A lot of people, myself included has stop reporting on bugs. I am tired of FD non communication and lack of transparency and honesty.

That's fair. Just don't be surprised if they don't manage to fix your particular issue.

True, there is nothing better than an Elephant Butt Leather rant accompanying my morning coffee. ;)

I need to strap you and your EBL-denying friends in a chair and force you to watch a play session on base PS4, then we'll see who's laughing :p

iu

I need to strap you and your EBL-denying friends in a chair and force you to watch a play session on base PS4, then we'll see who's laughing :p

Pointless, I got a pair of peril sensitive sunglasses.

[video=youtube;F-u9lnhx_Hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-u9lnhx_Hk[/video]

So much bickering and fuss... yet again. I swear there is some of the most deeply embarrassing forum action over these forums. In the history of time. Like witnessing little girls fighting :eek: [haha]

I strongly believe that little less over-dramatic interaction wouldn't hurt too bad. But hey, that's just me :)

But on topic, yea, BGS did work quite a bit better, every now and then. Actually it's not as bad for our faction even at the very moment as it has been at some point, since at least we get massacre missions sometimes now. So even if the BGS isn't working really properly, but at least our squadron can wing up for a common (even if a somewhat lost) cause, make some mayhem, and have fun together. Even getting some kills, credits, and materials while at it :cool:

Could be worse. A lot worse. And should be better. A lot better.

But the BGS... a lot like assassination missions. It will be a miracle on par of fixing engineering if either of those will ever work properly (for long). Sometimes they do, and in the next major patch or so it gets borked, yet again. But hey, you never know, right? Amazingly enough the devs managed to fix the rngesusness of engineering, and well good beyond belief as well. I would never ever in a million years had thought possible they even have it in them. So glad I was proven wrong. So glad.

I really hope I will be proven wrong in the future, yet again. FD, you can do it! [up]

Cheers folks. Take care now.

Last edited:

Adam Bourke-Waite

Principal Designer - E:D
Frontier
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to poke my head in and say that we do recognise that the BGS has a number of issues that we are looking to address. We’re currently in the process of investigating fixes for some of these issues and work is ongoing to return to a state of stability.

More specifically, we are currently looking into:

• The balance between the different activities, for example, how much Influence trade activities provide compared to that of missions.
  • Ways we can decrease the number of active conflicts (Wars, Civil Wars, Elections) and the impact conflicts have on the BGS.
  • How the BGS trends away from factions being stuck in Civil Liberty and Investment states.
  • Finally, we are also investigating player reports that their actions are not resulting in the results they are expecting during a conflict. We’d like to thank you for providing numerous reports on this and any additional examples that you have encountered will provide us more data for our ongoing investigations. Please report them with the following details:
    • The system
    • The factions involved
    • The dates of the conflict
    • The actions performed including the name of Commanders performing them
    • The expected results
    • The actual results

We understand that ongoing issues with the BGS are not ideal, and the impact these issues have on Commanders and factions, and would like also thank you for your patience as we investigate these issues.

We currently do not have an ETA on when these issues will be fixed, but will try to keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks,
Adam

I think you are the only person on this forum fulfilling the White Knight criteria. :)

Lol, I only ever say its perfect when someone's screeching at me in a comedy way.

The last few threads I've started have all been bug reports. Another one incoming soon including all the specifics Adam just helpfully asked for.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to poke my head in and say that we do recognise that the BGS has a number of issues that we are looking to address. We’re currently in the process of investigating fixes for some of these issues and work is ongoing to return to a state of stability.

More specifically, we are currently looking into:

• The balance between the different activities, for example, how much Influence trade activities provide compared to that of missions.
  • Ways we can decrease the number of active conflicts (Wars, Civil Wars, Elections) and the impact conflicts have on the BGS.
  • How the BGS trends away from factions being stuck in Civil Liberty and Investment states.
  • Finally, we are also investigating player reports that their actions are not resulting in the results they are expecting during a conflict. We’d like to thank you for providing numerous reports on this and any additional examples that you have encountered will provide us more data for our ongoing investigations. Please report them with the following details:
    • The system
    • The factions involved
    • The dates of the conflict
    • The actions performed including the name of Commanders performing them
    • The expected results
    • The actual results

We understand that ongoing issues with the BGS are not ideal, and the impact these issues have on Commanders and factions, and would like also thank you for your patience as we investigate these issues.

We currently do not have an ETA on when these issues will be fixed, but will try to keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks,
Adam

That's 41 pages too early and not even useless. Thanks for the response.

Top Bottom