Obsidian shenannigans (The Outer Worlds)

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Since this is the defacto Outer Worlds thread around here, I've gone ahead and edited the thread title for clarity. :)

It's been said - Fallout meets Borderlands. If this is done well it could be one of the best games this decade (and beyond).

I just realized after that interview that the guys also worked on VtM: Bloodlines. Shall see how it turns out when new info comes out this month, but am looking forward to it.

It's got a hell of an act to follow to beat BL2, the shooting element will need to be superb, the original fallout was clunky and anything BUT an FPS. I'll keep an eye out though.

It's got a hell of an act to follow to beat BL2, the shooting element will need to be superb, the original fallout was clunky and anything BUT an FPS. I'll keep an eye out though.

Well given the fact that the original Fallout was an isometric turn based combat RPG, yes.. it was anything BUT an FPS. When people say the makers of Fallout, they mean Fallout 1-2. Not 3 :D

Also not sure where this Borderlands thing comes from, this is not a looter shooter. It's a first person RPG with probably shooting mechanics. I wouldn't expect anything more, really.

Well given the fact that the original Fallout was an isometric turn based combat RPG, yes.. it was anything BUT an FPS. When people say the makers of Fallout, they mean Fallout 1-2. Not 3 :D

Also not sure where this Borderlands thing comes from, this is not a looter shooter. It's a first person RPG with probably shooting mechanics. I wouldn't expect anything more, really.
I would argue that from what we have seen so far, the tone is more like Borderlands than for example later Fallouts. But Borderlands is not much of an RPG, that is true.

I would argue that from what we have seen so far, the tone is more like Borderlands than for example later Fallouts. But Borderlands is not much of an RPG, that is true.

Yeah, tone wise it might be Borderlands, that I agree with. But not mechanics wise. Guess we just have to wait for more coverage.

I'd heard about data slurping, but not the extent that you posted... Yeah, deffo not going there.
I guess I'll buy something else instead.

Guess with all these sources, take it with a mountain of salt, but yeah.. not really making me jump at a chance of installing. Also what I don't understand: every indie dev going to EGS keeps saying you don't need the launcher beyond installation. That is the thing though, why need it for installation at all? GOG gives you download links without Galaxy, humble can do to. So why can't the mighty EGS?

Top Bottom