IMPORTANT: Free Update 1.8 coming soon!

Now that, Aaron, is something new to me! I’ll definitely be doing that.

I found that out accidently... You have to have collisions off though.. and I'm not sure if it still works, but it meant that my Hotels didn't have to be massive, grand buildings any more.. :)

Planet Coaster/Frontier: Why would you tease us with this 1.8 Free Update and make us wait till November to play with it? UGGGGHHHH Why are we waiting till November for both the 1.8 Update and the New DLC?????

The October Live Stream Schedule doen't even talk about the 1.8 Update release or DLC Reveal, what is the problem???

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Planet Coaster/Frontier: Why would you tease us with this 1.8 Free Update and make us wait till November to play with it? UGGGGHHHH Why are we waiting till November for both the 1.8 Update and the New DLC?????

The October Live Stream Schedule doen't even talk about the 1.8 Update release or DLC Reveal, what is the problem???

We usually don't include reveal streams in those schedules so we can keep them a surprise. Make of that what you will...

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

Problem? There is no problem.

Frontier didn't announce when exactly they are going to release the new content pack, only that it would be "soon". October is based on speculation, but doesn't come from an official announcement.

If you want to know what is holding back the announcement and release of the new content pack, then the answer is simple: development. Frontier wants to make sure that the content is ready, and that they can deliver the content before they promise it to us. They want to fulfil their promises and do not want to generate expectations that they can't live up to.

What we need to do is to have patience, while Frontier continues to develop awesome content, which is for us to enjoy as soon as they have it ready.

Here's a can of patience. ;)

tyQsWey.jpg

Well said Joel what I like the most about Frontier is they don't announce something until it is ready to be shown. Keep up the great work Frontier. I can wait a little longer for the big announcement.

Who said that we have to wait till November???

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Joel, You need to check the expiration date on the can of patience as it looks like it has expired [squeeeeee]

Hold on...

It says that it expires on 31 December 2018, so we should be able to use it until then. However, I've got some more in case we run out of patience. :D

sazHwPk.png

Bo
Waiting for the new DLC announcement is like Christmas morning. Can't wait to see what the new DLC will be. The excitement is building [wink]

So you guys are going to play Santa and keep the pack contents a surprise until the time. It's like a wrapped present, you know that something is coming but you don't know what it is. It's just that I don't want to be disappointed in what we get, like everyone wants chairlifts but if they aren't in this pack then there will be some disappointment. I don't want to build up excitement for something in my mind, then when we know what we are getting and it isn't there, it will be a letdown. I suppose we can't even get a yes or no answer for anything, like will chairlifts be in the new pack yes or no?

Hopefully this extra time means that ALL the new rides and possibly shops will be ready to show off on the livestream. I'd enjoy that more than the daily social media posts. Also, if they showed off all the new rides and shops at the same time, Frontier wouldn't have to worry about any more accidental leaks! [haha][mouth shut]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Bo
Waiting for the new DLC announcement is like Christmas morning. Can't wait to see what the new DLC will be. The excitement is building [wink]
The excitement is certainly building, and the comparison with Christmas morning is on point... [big grin]

So you guys are going to play Santa and keep the pack contents a surprise until the time. It's like a wrapped present, you know that something is coming but you don't know what it is. It's just that I don't want to be disappointed in what we get, like everyone wants chairlifts but if they aren't in this pack then there will be some disappointment. I don't want to build up excitement for something in my mind, then when we know what we are getting and it isn't there, it will be a letdown. I suppose we can't even get a yes or no answer for anything, like will chairlifts be in the new pack yes or no?

I have learned not to expect anything when it comes to new DLC for Planet Coaster. There are some things that I would love to have (grand carousel <3) but if I do not expect it, then I can be pleasantly surprised if we do get what we have on our wish-lists.

I keep saying it to myself, but I think this is the perfect moment to say it out loud: money no longer makes a person rich, the most rare resource one could ever have is patience. Those who have patience are the wealthiest people on Earth.

Hmmm, this sounds like a good proverb. I'll keep using it... [big grin]

As Joel says if you expect something to show up in a DLC when there's been no indication it will then you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. The whole chairlifts obsession is crazy ('everyone' is not everyone), this isn't a ski resort game where something like that would be essential [wacky] It's been a few months since the last DLC and we know the follow up is coming very soon (given the free features of 1.8 have already been shown off), a day or two without any news doesn't mean we all have to panic [cool] If it's not ready yet for release then what's the rush?

Last edited:
First off I want to say thanks to Frontier for all the hard work and great product. I have no problem waiting for news but I see why some do I would suggest in the future instead of doing a sneak peak like last week slowly reveal small parts of it. Like on a monday reveal the colorable staff, on friday talk about the resturants , the next monday the new vending machines and so on and so on. that may make more folks happy and take some of the pressure off frontier. My one small isssue I have is they tell us all this awesome stuff at once its kind of over welming but in a good way. but then when it comes to the live stream it's always the same thing . Sam want's to show off all the new stuff and how to use it and the community mannager is constantly telling him there isnt enough time and to hurry up. where does it say That you can only have a 90 min live stream and why does it have to be live at night uk time film it in advance take your time and show us the hard work you all did in the amount of time that is respectful to your efforts other then that Love you frontier and love to the rest of the community.

It's actually kind of amusing to read all the impatience while thinking back to some of the comments made on old discussions about how supposedly "Frontier never tells us anything!!!".

I kinda recall that people mentioned almost this exact same scenario - with Frontier telling us about some future news or a release even though they didn't have a firm date yet to share, and that they thought some people would still get upset and keep pestering for more information, rather than being happy that Frontier shared what they could.

I seem to also recall some people saying that wouldn't happen... [haha]

I'm happy to learn that there's new stuff in the pipeline. I'll be ecstatic when it's released. Thanks Frontier!

Top Bottom