IMPORTANT: Spooky Pack new DLC coming soon!

What makes a AAA company/game is the size of the company and the number of it's employees, it has nothing to do with how much money they made. An indie development company can have a great idea sell millions but only have a small team, that is not a AAA company.

EA is a AAA company, they have thousands of employees all over the world and basically unlimited money to throw at a project

Last edited:
Its almost as if your entire point of posting was to tell me why I am wrong on tiny little minute insignificant things... lol

Nope. My entire point of posting was to show you that your ideas and comments are purely opinion, just like you say mine are. Besides, every paragraph in my post starts with I think or I believe, etc. I was certainly not "bashing" you, merely showing you that there are as many opinions as there are posts!

IMHO, your posts sort of come across as arrogant, with an "I am right no matter what you say" sort of vibe. Totally my opinion.

It's all good, everyone has an opinion, and someone on one of the other threads mentioned, you are never going to change anyone's mind on a website. So you are most definitely welcome to your point of view, but then of course so am I.

Let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
Can a dev confirm if we are getting triggerable opening doors with this pack and are they narrower than the coaster doors? Like this?

co1f.jpg

This is what the Hoax is going to look like. A 1950's spinning pretzel car. I studied the Hoax cars in the screenshots and they look like this. I like the look of those cars. This is a pretzel haunted house ride in Kentucky, not sure if it is still running.

Beech-Bend-H-House-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is what the Hoax is going to look like. A 1950's spinning pretzel car. I studied the Hoax cars in the screenshots and they look like this. I like the look of those cars. This is a pretzel haunted house ride in Kentucky, not sure if it is still running.

http://www.negative-g.com/beech-bend-park/2005/Beech-Bend-H-House-1.jpg

Yeah it's a very classical ride and on the other side we've got a very new ride with the huntsmann[wink].Good Choice,i think[rolleyes].Still hope that we get a boat ride in the anniversary update and a doombuggy.The circle has to be completed[praise].

Maybe they don't want to give it all away yet?

I really don't know why though? One live stream with screen shots showing 'some' of the content. In previous releases with the exception of the 3 licensed packs they have done live streams with Sam showing game footage. Based on the fact this is £8 at present I have no clue what the hell im getting for my money.

I'm going to buy it, I can't wait for it but Christ it's out tomorrow and I still have no clue what my £8 will get. Why? Seriously, why? If someone has an answer I'm interested to know. The only thing you buy blind normally is restaraunt food. And even then they tell you what's in it on the menu.

For the love of god for future DLC's have a spec for what's included with more than 8 image stills.

Last edited:
Maybe they don't want to give it all away yet?

they could tell us that "bigger DLCs are coming in the future" but they dont. Back in February they said cosmetic DLC was coming soon, then we never heard anything until the day the Licensed kits were released. It is possible to give us some information without spoiling everything

I'm going to buy it, I can't wait for it but Christ it's out tomorrow and I still have no clue what my £8 will get. Why? Seriously, why? If someone has an answer I'm interested to know. The only thing you buy blind normally is restaraunt food. And even then they tell you what's in it on the menu..

Well, I guess tomorrow, when it will be available on Steam, you'll know exactly what's on it ^^ If you're going to buy it anyway, it's not a big big deal. You can see it as a surprise gift you're making to you ! [big grin]

But I totally see your point, they could've gave us more information about it [happy]

Well, I guess tomorrow, when it will be available on Steam, you'll know exactly what's on it ^^ If you're going to buy it anyway, it's not a big big deal. You can see it as a surprise gift you're making to you ! [big grin]

But I totally see your point, they could've gave us more information about it [happy]

The problem is I'm sold on planet coaster. Not all people are, I suppose that's my point. So for the people sitting on the fence a content release could sway their thoughts.

This is exactly why we had so much unrest in the forums lately (in my opinion). I think that was really bad marketing and customer communication from Frontier. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that we get new content. But teasing us with a spooky DLC without giving any further information is kinda ... well ... I think they didn't think it through well enough.[haha] I also understand that they wanted to tease us and release yet another hypre train - but that only works when they give us something to look at. Even if they only teased us with a special sound effect it would have been better than that blank purple box with Spooky DLC written on it.[down]

That said I have to add that people do mistakes. No worries, mate [big grin] This time the hype train got stuck - next time communication will be better ( I do hope so) and we will have a new hype train going.[big grin]

My opinion to the Spooky DLC:

To me personally, spooky stuff is not really important (to me), I would love to see more adventure, maritime, jungle, expedition, boat ride, Jurassic Park stuff. But I guess I will buy the DLC nonetheless because we get something to build with again which can be used for other kind of buildings.[big grin]
I am an alpha supporter - I never ever supported any game in alpha status and never ordered a game before release before. I am not sure if I will do that ever again. [cool] For PC I gave it a shot because I was waiting for such a game very long and liked what I saw from Frontier and the Devs. Yes, some items didn't make it into the game at release but things in development status change. They gave us Go Karts and Wild Water rides although they stated that this wasn't planned for release. They just changed their mind due to community demands. Of course, other stuff gets delayed then. [mouth shut]
The only thing I was disappointed was that alpha and beta got such a rush before release. In my opinion they should have delayed release for half a year, but that was their decision and I'm fine with that.[wacky]

People who complain that the Devs don't tell us things should think about that all this moaning and complaining of the last couple of days lead to exactly that - the Devs stop communicating because they fear to promise something they can't keep or because of people complaning that the trousers of the pirate should be pink and the wooden leg should be made out of rotten bambus.[wacky] From all I saw of the Devs they seem to rethink a lot of what they do due to community reactions. Complainig and moaning might delay things. [mouth shut] And yes, I also want to have picnic tables [where is it][yesnod]
I am not happy with all decisions of the devs but when I don't like what I see - hey, guess what - I don't have to buy further DLCs, add ons or games from Frontier. I can decide about that. When I think I got ripped of by a company I will never buy anything from them again. But that said, in my opinion Frontier is as far away from ripping somebody off like a cow from being an astronaut [wacky]

And to those who think that Frontier should concentrate on casual gamers instead of hardcore fans as some of them call it: That doesn't make sense to me at all! [mouth shut]A casual gamer comes and goes as the crow flies, the so called "hardcore fans" stay if the game suits their interest. They are those who do "free marketing" because they love the game - that attracts further players. In todays time we kinda think for fast results and fast money instead of concetrating on long terms. Companies (not Frontier) often destroy their own economy for fast profit in 5 years or so but they don't think about the results of it. In 10 years they have to invest more than they earned before because they didn't think for the long term. (I guess I get off-topic. now)

I just wait for tomorrow to see what is in the DLC and THEN decide to buy it or not. If there are only halloween pumpkins as new items (we already know that this is not the case) I would consider complaining. We as customers can decide whether to buy or not to buy - that supports or destroys a company. If people are not satisfied with what they saw of PC so far - don't buy it. You already explained your reasons - that's okay. But please stop spamming these forums with the same complains again and again. Everybody is entitled to complain - but please only do it once, not dozens of times. [uhh]

I hope people will concentrate on those complains issued calmly and once (well explained, of course) and not on those who complain on the same thing again and again. [uhh]

Well, the announcement of the Spooky DLC didn't start well and yes, when they want to have the hype train they should have shown more photos and videos (and not the same screens from different angles). I know they want to keep it for tomorrow, which is kind of ... not thought through well. [big grin] Trying to hype people with content on release day is too late, they should have shown us more stuff before and during the weekend. I hope they announce the anniversary update in a better manner and I do hope for good content.

With all that said, I have to add that I am happy with PC and what we got and seen so far. I am not happy with all decision but such is life.[shocked] I thank the devs for all the comittment they put into the game, for the community managers who had a bad couple of days lately which we could see on their behaviour and their faces on the last stream. I also want to thank the moderators who had some bad couple of days as well and for all those of the community who stay calm and support the development of that lovely game (which I guess will improve further, kust give 'em some time).

Except we are expected to cough up money for this "surprise gift". The other example in which you pay for undefined "surprise" content are those dreaded Loot Boxes, and we should absolutely despise that horrible business practise.

I also wonder why there is so little footage and almost all screenshots show the same scene. it can definitely create the wrong impression that the content is in fact very limited. It does for me, I doubt if there is really that much (varied!) content as they say it would. If they are confident the amount of content justifies the steep price, why not proudly show it off? The other option is that much of the content is not ready to show off yet, which then makes me question why it would be in less than 24 hours. The last thing we need is another rushed job like that botched Summer Update.

I will definitely await the analysis of other players before deciding whether the pack is worth the entry fee. I'm curious how colourable and varied the scenery offering really is, and how well the content holds up outside of that one specific scenario the designers had in mind. Oh, and I would also keep an eye out on the bug forum for any reports on broken or missing flexicolor options or misaligning pieces, just in case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom